Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iPhone asking for obsolete Apple ID
  • bikebob

My (new) iPhone keeps requesting I update my obsolete Apple ID. Im logged in on new ID and all good, except settings keeps shows some apps need my old ID password.
    I deleted my old ID and to best of my knowledge deleted all apps using it. How do I find out what is needing old ID so I can delete that app.

Whilst I’m here. Anyone know how to change swipe left to delete on gmail on iPhone. Settings does not show option to delete only to archive.
    Many thx.

ratherbeintobago

It might be if you’ve got apps you purchased with your old Apple ID?

Gmail – open the menu in the app, scroll all the way down to settings, inbox customisation, email swipe actions.

bikebob

Thanks for info. Just checked again. It’s not apps that need old ID (I deleted all old ones) it requests ‘some account services require Apple ID log in’ but it shows obsolete ID address.
    Very frustrating.

Thanks for Gmail info. I’m not using App just added it to mail account on phone. Might have to switch to app but would prefer not to.

Sandwich

You may need to take a phone back-up (don’t encrypt it to avoid transferring the obsolete password) and reset the phone and start again with putting apps back and logging into them. You’ll need a password manager to make it more streamlined, it’s still going to be a pain mind.

ratherbeintobago

Thanks for Gmail info. I’m not using App just added it to mail account on phone. Might have to switch to app but would prefer not to.

Wife uses Gmail app on her phone as default mail app and it seems to be fine.

Have you tried logging out of all Apple services, restarting the phone and logging in again? That sometimes fixes iCloud oddness.

bikebob

Thx All. Logged out of all I cloud and all apple services. Phone off / on start up and bloody thing asking for old ID not new one that is my I cloud account.
    It’s a new phone so backed up from new iCloud account. No idea what is causing old I’d to pop up.

Will try gmail app as opposed to iPhone add mail account.
    Thx all

Jamze

You can stick with the Apple mail app if you want. To change archive to delete when you swipe, it’s in Settings/Mail/Accounts/-your account-/Account/Advanced and change the setting for ‘Move discarded messages into’. Choice is Deleted or Archive Mailbox.

bikebob

Thanks Jamzie. Now solved swiping right to delete in place of archive. Appreciated.

If I can now stop the phone asking for obsolete Apple ID I’ll be a happy chap.

oceanskipper

Job for the Apple store I reckon. I would just head to your nearest one and ask for help…👍

bikebob

Yep agree, Apple Store is my next call. Was hoping I could fix it with a visit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.