Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • IPad to TV Cable – Zwift
  • Blackflag
    Free Member

Anyone successfully used a Lightning to AV adapter (HMDI) cable to send Zwift to a monitor or tv?

I was about to order one but just seen a disclaimer that this won’t work with a lot of apps.

tomnavman
    Free Member

I used one a few years ago, the screens are different aspect ratios, but it worked ok. Get one which also allows you to charge the iPad at the same time, as Zwift was quite batter hungry!

Haze

As above!

I ran low on device storage recently with Zwift taking up a couple of much needed GB, bought a second hand Apple TV off eBay – worth considering.

zilog6128

Used to use one many years ago before AirPlay was a thing! There actually is a difference between the genuine Apple cable and the generic ones, beyond just the price. So considering the cost of the proper one (unless you can find one second hand in CEX or something) you probably are better off just getting a (2nd hand) ATV.

TiRed

Proper Apple one never had an issue, then I went to Apple TV. A used one is 3x the price of the Apple adaptor and worth the extra money. You’ll need a long cable to charge the iPad whilst running Zwift.

Haze

I had a Mirascreen first but that ws flaky, changed to the Apple one was expensive but reliable.

Apple TV has been the best though, actually came in cheaper second hand off eBay than the genuine adaptor.

Apart from the remote being a PITA, finally starting to get the hange of it I think…

zilog6128

Apart from the remote being a PITA

haven’t got one personally, but the newer remote is supposed to be a substantial improvement. Still shite with Zwift mind, but that’s down to the Zwift UI being purposefully designed to be as terrible as possible, as a joke.

Blackflag
    Free Member

hmmmmm ive found a non apple one on ebay for £9. Will see if that works first. Thanks

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I use one for iphone to HDMI cable. Used on Zwift and now Rouvy with no issues.

You will need one with a power in thing too though or it will drain your battery very quickly

Blackflag
    Free Member

@funkydunc was that a generic adapter or a popper apple one?

plus-one

I’m running this one @Blackflag no issues iphone to tv for zwift

Blackflag
    Free Member

Ahh cheers mate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.