Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • ipad printer
  • zippykona

Can someone recommend a small easy to use one please. Or…someone told me there is a gubbins that turns a non wifi printer into one that works with an iPad,does such a thing exist.
    Please don’t get too Not the 9 o’clock news hifi sketch with me!
    Ps it will only be for printing invoices so picture quality is not important.

nealglover
    Free Member

I got a HP 5520 online for £70.

Works a great. I don’t print much (invoices/quotes etc) but it does the job perfectly and was a doddle to set up for wireless etc.

CountZero

Just look around for any that have AirPrint, this allows any iOS device to print direct. I have an Epson printer which predates AirPrint, and Epson have their own app which also allows direct printing. £50-70 ought to get you a good printer.
    Here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ipad+printers+airprint&tag=googhydr-21&index=computers&hvadid=7736692926&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=756578088781761262&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_23v73t6epb_b
    I checked the little £44 Canon Pixmart, that has an app in the App Store to allow direct printing for example, just check the details.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Pleased with my Epsom and the iprint app it just works so well off my iphone and ipad
    Go and have a look at the range as all the wireless epsoms will work with it
    Mines an Epsom stylus office Bx something or other as I wanted a scanner too

grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

Brother MFC J625 good all round both airprint & general wireless with other laptops. Brother ink also good prices. Well pleased.

zippykona

Just got the hp5520 recommended above.
    Their new ad blurb can read “so simple even zip can set it up”.
    Well recommended ta.

johnhe

Hey guys. I just bought a Kodak ESP 1.2. I told the guy in the shop it was for use with an ipad, but I can’t get the damn thing to work. The Kodak doesn’t have AirPrint, and to be honest, I’m really peeved that the guy in the shop never mentioned AirPrint at all. He just said that the printer would work fine.

Do I need to try to take the printer back and change for an AirPrint one?

tonyd

If you have a printer already (local or network) but it’s just not AirPrint compatible, I use AirPrint Activator. You need it running from a PC that’s always on though.

johnhe

Currys are great on returns. Changed for an AirPrint HP. Thanks.

GrahamS

The Smart Office 2 app can print office docs to a lot of non-AirPrint printers.

Obviously you are better off with an AirPrint printer that works with everything, but Smart Office can be useful if you’ve already got a printer.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ve got a HP 5515 with Airprint. It’s great for ease of use and functionality but my God does it gobble the ink. I’ve never had a printer so thirsty before. I’d be cautious of recommending HP if they’re all so expensive to run.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘ipad printer’ is closed to new replies.