Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Internet Experts Assemble! (Is my foot going to fall off?)
  • amedias
    Free Member

Experts of STW, diagnose my foot issue:

Mild* pins and needles feeling on the top of my right foot and a bit around the ankle which started Tuesday eve and is still there. No loss of strength or mobility but right knee has been a little bit tender, but I sometimes have a knee issue son that side anyway.

Starting to get annoying, how long do I wait to see if it goes away before calling the doc? Will it fall off if I don’t?

*Not full on stabby P+N, more like the mild tingling you get that’s similar to a nettle sting feeling.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Cant help with the foot problem, but if you want to know anything about the internet then I`m your man.

amedias
    Free Member

Ironic answer, since my actual job title is ‘Internet Infrastructure Engineer’. D’Oh!

OK, lets try: Foot Experts Assemble! (and give me advice via the Internet)

sirromj

that’s similar to a nettle sting feeling

Stinging nettles?

tomhoward

How old are you? Could be a vascular issue, I’d be down the gp ASAP. (Had a fair bit of exposure to this kind of thing of late…)

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yes

perchypanther
    Free Member

Check that both of your shoes are the same size.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If both of your shoes are the same size, check that both of your feet are the same size.

perchypanther
    Free Member

If your shoes are both the same size and your feet are both the same size, check that your feet and your shoes are both the same size.

fossy

You won’t die.

Have you done your shoes up too tight – oh that can cause problems – presses on the main nerves. Stupidly done this in the past, so bad I couldn’t walk.

Slept on it funny ? – I’ve had a bad knee since Sunday, MTB ride same day, Turbo Monday – knee exploded Tuesday. Seems to be sorting it’s self out. Only thing is I can put it down to is sleeping on it awkwardly – couldn’t sleep on Sunday night so slept on couch for a few hours.

Just see how it goes.  All else fails, WD40, cable tie or gaffa tape – fixes everything – pick the most appropriate.

amedias
    Free Member

I’m not wearing any shoes, and currently both feet are the same size they have always (well not always, but for quite some time) been.

How old are you? Could be a vascular issue, I’d be down the gp ASAP

36, my current plan is to see if it’s gone (the p+n, not the foot) tomorrow and then ring the GP if it hasn’t…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Are you wearing socks?  Are they both the same size?

amedias
    Free Member

At the risk of further indulging Perchy’s apparent foot fetish… yes I am wearing socks, they are the same size, but they are not the same colour/pattern, but they are from the same pack.

I also have a single left glove nearby, but I’m not wearing it so I don’t think it’s relevant?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Trapped nerve I reckon.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I also have a single left glove nearby, but I’m not wearing it so I don’t think it’s relevant?

What size are your golf shoes? 😉

amedias
    Free Member

I’m not a golfist, certainly don’t own any golf bats, let alone shoes.

sandwicheater

You won’t die.

Probably.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Right, I’ve diagnosed your issue.

It’s OCD aggravated by wearing odd socks.

scaredypants

If your shoes are both the same size and your feet are both the same size and your feet and your shoes are both the same size, check that they are L&R models and on the correct feet

after that, check one of them for nettles ?

amedias
    Free Member

If your shoes are both the same size and your feet are both the same size and your feet and your shoes are both the same size, check that they are L&R models and on the correct feet

I refer you to my previous answer, I am not wearing shoes, however when I do wear them I’m definitely putting them on the correct feet.

after that, check one of them for nettles ?

There are no nettles in my (unworn) shoes, or in my socks.

It’s OCD aggravated by wearing odd socks.

Deliberately wearing odd socks is my way of exercising what limited control I have over the chaos of the universe.

scaredypants

some sort of electric shock from that nest of cables down by your right foot ?

office cat weeing in your socks ?  (some of the stripes have even washed off)

amedias
    Free Member

some sort of electric shock from that nest of cables down by your right foot ?

For completeness sake, I haven’t been sat at my desk since Tuesday eve, in fact I wasn’t in the office at all yesterday so electric shock transposed through time and space seems an unlikely cause, but I’ll add it to the list anyway…

office cat weeing in your socks ?  (some of the stripes have even washed off)

We don’t have a cat and those are white stripes, and crucially, that’s my left foot 😉

db

Over an hour and no one has suggested Feline Aids. Standards are slipping in this place – pull your socks up (not you amedias, yours are fine)

🙂

scaredypants

We don’t have a cat and those are white stripes, and crucially, that’s my left foot

I meant there are fewer stripes on the wee-foot

amedias
    Free Member

I meant there are fewer stripes on the wee-foot

Thanks for the clarification, we still don’t have a cat.

theotherjonv

I think the edge of your desk may be pressing on a nerve in your achilles tendon

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Internet Experts Assemble! (Is my foot going to fall off?)’ is closed to new replies.