Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Interesting forum problem….
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Firstly yes I’ve emailed the mods about this and had no answer, but that might because of the problem itself…..

For years and years I’ve had an @gmail email address in my forum profile. No issues. If I was selling something registered users could email me. Great.

Recently I put something up for sale and got no replies. Fine. Then I happened to look in my profile and saw a message which I didn’t know I’d got…. After digging around I discovered that my registered contact email is now an ancient @aol address I’ve not used for around 10 years or more. How it ended up in my profile I have no idea. I certainly didn’t put it there!

Problem is I can’t change it. If I try I need to log on to said defunct AOL address to confirm. Which I can’t as it doesn’t exist any more.

Many ideas? Or is anybody in STW IT reading this? 🤨

DezB
    Free Member

Just sounds like you need one of the techie bods to update your email preferences, seeing as you can’t verify it using the old address.

This from the login problems page, if you haven’t already found the address “contact our resident tech experts, Tom and Andy on tech@singletrackworld.com

perchypanther
    Free Member

Have you tried emailing Brant?

He might buy you a new email, it’s only been ten years after all. 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

this thread promised so much from its title .

I was definitely miss sold.

Who do i call to claim back for this miss selling ?

Drac

Firstly yes I’ve emailed the mods about this and had no answer, but that might because of the problem itself….

Yup the message went to your old email. Forum members can’t see your email so no one has emailed you.

We’ve the tech guys a friendly reminder as your original email was sent to us on Saturday.

Top right corner shows any messages.

angeldust
    Free Member

Recently I put something up for sale and got no replies

Is there any reason people might suspect you were not disclosing full information in the description? 🙂

fasthaggis

Hmmm the clot thickens

hols2
    Free Member

If I try I need to log on to said defunct AOL address to confirm. Which I can’t as it doesn’t exist any more

Yes, I had that when I changed jobs. I just gave up and started a new account. Made me feel like a new man.

leffeboy

Hmmm the clot thickens

That’s no way to describe pp…

.. either of them

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Dez, yes, I emailed the tech address too. I’d have thought they’d reply to the email asking me to verify myself somehow?

Do they need more time..? 😀

Wouldn’t want anyone doing anything in haste that they later regret, would we…?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stop whining.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is there any reason people might suspect you were not disclosing full information in the description?

No, and I won’t be dragging it out into a second thread like a spoilt child either.

Drac

All fixed.

angeldust
    Free Member

No, and I won’t be dragging it out into a second thread like a spoilt child either.

That would be a third thread.  It’s already been dragged out into a second.

A good way of spoiling a child is to give in to their demands and give them want they want when they don’t really deserve it.  Like fully refunding a ten year old frame, after someone wouldn’t stop moaning about it for a decade, even though they had sold it on within a year without disclosing the issue they continued to moan about.  For example.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.