Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 184 total)
  • Interesting day with the 'neighbours' (police content)
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Darcy – you nasty little jumped up lower class twerp’ How very dare you!

ah – looks out of context now 😳 starting a new page

Three_Fish
    Free Member

He tries to play it down but he’s actually the Marquis of Brixton.

No he isn’t. I’m the Marquis of Brixton and so’s my wife.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ah – looks out of context now

LOLz @ TeeJeremiah

You could always edit with a quote… 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I would not be insulted to be called liberal …unless you followed it with democrat

binners

Junkyard. You are Nick Clegg and I claim my five English pounds.

You gave it away with your frequently multi-lingual typing 😉

restless
    Free Member

I’ve had my moments, I had a few scuffles, IMO if you look for trouble usually you find it. I’ve also made a conscious effort not to live near council estates.

good for you, but not all trouble making youths come from council estates you know. you have quite a stereotype view. some of the little shites round here come from quite nice houses. doesn’t mean they are nice people though.

rewski
    Free Member

@ restless – put your handbag down, I was keeping it in context

some local scrotes from the council estate

SD-253
    Free Member

Middle Class Liberal

Someone who always makes excuses for…….just about every bad person? Terrorist, child molesters (as long as there muslim). Obviously the sort of people this whole thread is about. The sort of person who (not sure which said it elfin or tandem jeremy) who believes a border line racist joke is ok at a dinner party but should not be said in a pub in case “theres a working class person who would have his racist view encouraged” Which one of you said that can’t remember now??

wwaswas

can’t remember now

It’s probably time for some more medication, then.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well you won’t find me making excuses for bad people. I might try and understand how they became like that and how to prevent it in future or change them from being bad.

I have no idea what you are blethering on about with your racist joke anecdote – I cannot imagine elf saying that and I certainly would not.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin isn’t middle class. He tries to play it down but he’s actually the Marquis of Brixton. He’s allowed to eat the queens swans and everything!

His real name is Rupert Alfred Charles Mountbatton-Huntingly-Smythe

😆

Oi! Brixton??? That’s SARF LAHNDAAHN, Binners ffs!

No, I prefer the Earl of Hackney, or the Baron of Stepney or something like that…

Brandyberryj; actually, I do think this issue is very serious, and as you’ve pointed out, ASB can make some people’s lives absolute misery. This should not be tolerated at all. It is indeed sad that it happens, and yes, there are times when direct action against nasty scumbaygs is necessary. People need to be mindful of adhering to the Law as much as possible though, lest we all descend into barbarism.

I do think you have misjudged me somewhat, though, tbh.

SD-253
    Free Member

WHINEY that was the word I was looking for!!

crankboy
    Free Member

middle class … socialy above chav and unemployable and below nobility.
    liberal..tollerant, open to reasonable argument, not extriemist, holds cogent views.

From reading your posts brandeberryj i can see why you don’t define yourself as a middle class liberal.

And yes i was being ironic when i described the youths as misunderstood.

fixed your definition for you…
    “Someone who always makes excuses for…….just about every bad person? Terrorist, child molesters (as long as there muslim). Obviously the sort of people this whole thread is about. The sort of person who” undrstands problems need more exploration than can be fitted in to a sun headline????

GrahamS

Someone who always makes excuses for…….just about every bad person? Terrorist, child molesters (as long as there muslim). Obviously the sort of people this whole thread is about.

🙄

The Daily Mail is this way 😆

The sort of person who” understands problems need more exploration than can be fitted in to a sun headline????

😀 nailed!

racefaceec90

i hope muddydwarf had a good ride (good on you for doing 100 miles,i cannot ride that far… yet! 😉 i went out on a great ride today offroad though 😀

GrahamS

Well not sure that I can support my assertion that “middle class liberal” defines the majority of the UK population given your slightly Littlejohn interpretation of its meaning.

But surveys that ask people to self-describe will show a huge majority of middle class liberals.

By the way, I see you neglected to tell us how you would label your own socio-political viewpoint brandeberryj?

I imagine you will fancy yourself as something like “working class commonsense”?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Muddydwarf, you’d still in ‘Dale aren’t you? Might I ask which area, out of interest?

My brother does work for GMP & describes them more like Greater Manchester ‘Paramilitary’ than ‘Police’!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Brandeberryj your post on page 1 about a warrant is wrong! The police do NOT need a warrant and probably very legally had a power to enter the property if needed.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Someone who always makes excuses for…….just about every bad person? Terrorist, child molesters (as long as there muslim). Obviously the sort of people this whole thread is about.

I thought the thread was about MuddyDwarf threatening people with an axe. An act which, to be fair, he appears to be embarrassed about in the first post. I guess you can call him a bad person if you want, he’s clearly been provoked into an extreme reaction.

Coffeeking, I think you need to read the OP again if you think he’s in control of his actions at all times. Specifically the bit about him completely losing his temper. It’s pretty obvious when he started thinking clearly. It’s when he realised the consequences of being involved in a fight whilst carrying an offensive weapon.

Personally I just cannot believe how irresponsible some people are on here. I won’t condemn his actions, I’ve been pretty close to similar action myself. I’m just glad that he saw some sense in the end, and REALLY don’t think he needs a group of immmature cheerleaders applauding with precisely zero effect on their own lives if something similar happens and it goes horribly wrong.

martinxyz
    Free Member

chest mounted go pro next time.when you have finished,grin at them.. and offer them round later to watch it on the big screen.It would clear the air.everyone would be in fits of laughter at their expressions.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

don’t think he needs a group of immmature cheerleaders applauding with precisely zero effect on their own lives if something similar happens and it goes horribly wrong

I think that’s one of the eminently sensible things said thusfar.

Woody
    Free Member

don’t think he needs a group of immmature cheerleaders applauding with precisely zero effect on their own lives if something similar happens and it goes horribly wrong

Oh I don’t know, isn’t that what cheerleaders are for?

CountZero

Good thing the worst of the scum ’round here content themselves with riding motorbikes up and down the street with no helmet. One hopes for an appropriate car/bike interface and ensuing Darwin moment, but it hasn’t happened yet. Not sure which would be my choice of weapon as a deterrent; my Grölfors axe, or the Gurka Kukri I inherited. They’re both very, very sharp.
    Regarding brandeberryj, I can’t believe he/she/it isn’t familiar with our beloved elfin, Lord of All He Surveys From A Great Height. Obviously not paying anywhere near enough attention. Must be all the Red Bull and vodka.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Have we all had fun on this thread then?

I had a nice day cycling to Southport and back, fish and chips at the seaside and a 92 mile round trip 8)

Right. I recieved a Simple Caution, strangely enough the Police seem to have given me BOTH copies of this, aren’t they supposed to keep one?
    The arresting officers have told me to ring them PERSONALLY if ANYTHING, no matter how small happens to our properties or ourselves.
    I admitted what i’d done straightaway, no point in denying it and anway, i was wrong and therefore had to take my lumps.

I knew rightaway i had completely over-reacted, and i knew the police would be involved so i just waited for the knock at the door.

Dave – i’m a short stones throw from the Tesco store if you know where i mean.

Thw cops were very nice about it actually, apparently i passed the ‘attitude test’ whatever that is. Even got given a lift back home by them. The senior officer was livid about the whole affair, told me how frustrated he gets by the scrotes calling the police to defend them from actions they have initiated.
    Anyway, if it stops the damage being done to mine and my neighbours property then maybe it was – just – worth it.

The look of fear in their faces will remain for a while though – and it’s not a pleasant recollection…

CountZero

pwned!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Muddydwarf, it’s a nightmare situation and I feel for you out of interest exactly what offence did you get cautioned for? Just start keeping an anti-social behaviour diary with EVERYTHING in it, noises, offences, names of people involved, descriptions if you don’t know them. then you can get in touch with the local NSO’s and get the ball rolling to actually doing something about it rather than the unlucky situation you ended up in this weekend. I would also DEFINATELY call those officers again if you have any questions, police do not give out their numbers willy nilly (especially if it’s their direct mobile phone or office number). It doesn’t matter they gave you 2 copies, it’s all an automated system, they print off as many copies as they want as and when they need them.

Good luck though.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

MC – the initial arrest was for affray, whatever that is. One the way home the arresting officer did make a point of saying that there needed to be a victim for affray and seeing as no-one was actually touched let alone hurt in anyway….

I don’t know whether that means owt or not though.

Are there different types of cautions?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

No caution or conditional caution. Conditional caution is say for an criminal damage where you are cautioned on the condition you pay the victim £20 costs or whatever. if you fail to pay the costs you can then be taken to court.

an affray is a public order offence and no you don’t need a victim, ur what did you actually get cautioned for (ie what offence) it will say on your caution paperwork?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Paperwork says “Affray – unlawful violence” 😳

Wasn’t actually any violence, just the threat of it, enough i suppose. Don’t think i’ll be visiting the US anytime soon though.
    How long are they active for?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How long are they active for?

Permanent. As I said earlier in the thread, you need to check your insurances as you may no longer be covered – what with you now being a member of the criminal classes.

wallop

I love the irony of someone using the phrase – twice, so it’s not a typo – “mentally retard child”.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Are you sure threefish? i don’t think so – he has not been convicted of anything. You don’t get a criminal record for a caution in the usual sense

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Looks like i’ll be ringing my insurers in the morning then 🙄

Oh well, could have been worse. No one got hurt and hopefully the low-level damage and trespass will finally stop.
    I’m going to start dumping my used cat litter contents around the back of the garage, it’s at the end of an unadopted road and the little scrotes have repeatedly been doing damage in an area where they can’t be seen – at least not originally but since they pulled down my neighbours fence they have a clear passage into their garden now.
    The cat mess should at least make them stink!

wallop

Unlike a conviction, a caution is never “spent”.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

From the Home Office website :-

“A simple caution is not a criminal conviction, but it will be recorded on the police database. It may be used in court as evidence of bad character, or as part of an anti-social behaviour order (ASBO) application.

The record will remain on the police database along with photographs, fingerprints and any other evidence taken. If you are cautioned for a sexual offence, you could be placed on the sex offenders register.

If a crime victim requests your name and address for civil proceedings, the police are legally obliged to give this information out, so you may still be sued for damages. ”

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Are you sure threefish? i don’t think so – he has not been convicted of anything. You don’t get a criminal record for a caution in the usual sense

Many underwriters will not insure people who have fraud or insurance related police cautions; some will not insure if any kind of police caution is held, although sometimes only within a particular time period.

He doesn’t need to be convicted because he’s admitted to an offence which can be dealt with out of court by means of a caution. The odd thing is that an actual (court) conviction can be spent after a set number of years, whereas a caution can remain ‘live’ indefinitely.

There isn’t a fixed approach to it from insurers, which I why I suggest that the OP reads his insurance policies and confirms where he stands.

Edit for example Cornhill Insurance:

I/We have never been convicted of any criminal offence, other than motoring convictions, or received a Police caution in the last 5 years (which is not spent) or have any prosecutions pending.

Pigface
    Free Member

Dwarf I got a caution for thumping someone 😳 got into the US no problem last year.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

S’ok Pigface, no desire to visit the US again – don’t think i’m violent enough for them!

Taff
    Free Member

Feel for you. I live in Leigh Park and seem to ahve some scroats move in on my street. Hope you don’t get too much grief from now on.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cautions
    Cautions, reprimands and final warnings are not criminal convictions and so are not dealt with by the Act. So if people with cautions, reprimands or final warnings only are asked whether they have any ‘criminal convictions’ they can answer ‘no’. Sometimes people are asked if they have a ‘criminal record’. This is a less precise term, but it is usually understood to mean convictions. So people who are asked if they have a ‘criminal record’ may also answer ‘no’ if they have no convictions.

However, people who are specifically asked if they have cautions, reprimands or final warnings should disclose them until they are deleted from police records. Records of cautions should be deleted after five years if there are no convictions on the record. (In practice, some police forces may retain records of cautions for much longer than this or indefinitely.)

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Interesting day with the 'neighbours' (police content)’ is closed to new replies.