Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 184 total)
  • Interesting day with the 'neighbours' (police content)
  • konaboy2275
    Free Member

Axes are so out of date, I have a modern version for sale if anyone should want it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180660263089&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Makes a better noise too!

rewski
    Free Member

The difference clearly comes from the fact that one was initiated by the evil of another, whereas RLJing is done purely through laziness and so is abhorent.

Both wrong and the reason is irrelevant.

Threatening someone with an axe is more evil than criminal damage – would you not say?

SD-253
    Free Member

coffeeking – Member

Totally agree, a lot of double standards on this forum – shame on you

The difference clearly comes from the fact that one was initiated by the evil of another, whereas RLJing is done purely through laziness and so is abhorent.

I remember a police officer saying that EDL (English Defense League) were creating muslim extremism………No chance to the Liberal middle class (Elfinsafety)that it could have been the other way round?

GrahamS

Being a middle class liberal is not just about your income it is about your attitude or you could say your state of mind

I love it when “middle class liberal” is cast as an insult. 🙂
    Especially as it probably describes a pretty large majority of the UK these days.

You never seem to hear “upper class fascist” or “working class Trotskyite” used with quite the same contempt.

rewski
    Free Member

I remember a police officer saying that EDL (English Defense League) were creating muslim extremism………No chance to the Liberal middle class (Elfinsafety)that it could have been the other way round?

Not sure I understand.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Threatening someone with an axe is more evil than criminal damage – would you not say?

Not if you have no intention of using it and are at your wits end from something they do to you, no, not at all.

SD-253
    Free Member

rewski
    Both wrong and the reason is irrelevant.

Completely beyond you to grasp that people can only take so much? The old women that killed her mentally retard child and herself because of the daily harassment both physically and verbally was no doubt, to you much more in the wrong than the perpetrators?

rewski
    Free Member

Not if you have no intention of using it and are at your wits end from something they do to you, no, not at all

irrelevant, who do you know there’s no intention, get real.

coffeeking
    Free Member

rrelevant, who do you know there’s no intention, get real.

I am real, and I’d have no problems in not using a weapon. I do, after all, have control over my actions. Are you suggesting if you put a weapon in someones hand they’re incapable of just waving it at people and must use it? I’ve been there, I can empathise. Of course I don’t know what the OPs intentions were but since he probably COULD have used it but chose not to and walked away, it’s a fairly good indication that he has enough self control.

rewski
    Free Member

Completely beyond you to grasp that people can only take so much?

Not at all, I just think using an axe is way too extreme, he’s on the wrong side of the law straight away, imagine if there was a scuffle and the weapon used on himself or others. It happens.

SD-253
    Free Member

rewski – Member

Not sure I understand.
    It was in referance to this

The difference clearly comes from the fact that one was initiated by the evil of another,

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Brandyberryj

Oh what fun – Elfin is liberal middle class and I live in suburbia?

Yuu really are a plonker Elfin is a smurf and I live in junkiehookersville (according to some)

binners

Self-professed ‘Liberal’ in Not-Being-Very-Liberal-at-All Shocka!!

I believe its frightfully fashionable nowadays in the capital*

*See Nick Clegg, Simon Hughes, Douglas Alexandra, Vince Cable etc etc etc etc

SD-253
    Free Member

rewski – Member

Completely beyond you to grasp that people can only take so much?

Not at all, I just think using an axe is way too extreme, he’s on the wrong side of the law straight away, imagine if there was a scuffle and the weapon used on himself or others. It happens.
    Come on rewski you can not tell me you are certain you would not loose it in any circumstance and use something that is immediatly to hand?

SD-253
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Brandyberryj

Oh what fun – Elfin is liberal middle class and I live in suburbia?

Yuu really are a plonker Elfin is a smurf and I live in junkiehookersville (according to some)
    Of course you do but when you wake up are you still there? And as I already said it is a state mind not nessarily income based although I would be surprised if you did not have a nice wad at the end of the week.

McHamish
    Free Member

The alternative would be hiding in your house hoping they don’t steal/damage too much.

Confronting them without a visible deterrent (i.e. an axe) would have probably resulted in a fight.

Personally, I don’t like the idea of either.

rewski
    Free Member

@ brandeberryj

The old women that killed her mentally retard child and herself because of the daily harassment both physically and verbally was no doubt, to you much more in the wrong than the perpetrators?

I think you’re being a bit dramatic here, that case was very sad, the police should have done more. But if you read the original post some kids damaged his property, OK so it may have happened a few times, I know what I’ll do, I’ll wave a great big **** off axe at them, that’ll shut them up.

Come on rewski you can not tell me you are certain you not loose it in any circumstance and use something that is immediatly to hand?

If my family are in danger of being harmed then maybe, not over a fence though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Can I have some of what brandeberryj is smoking? it sounds like fun

SD-253
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Being a middle class liberal is not just about your income it is about your attitude or you could say your state of mind

I love it when “middle class liberal” is cast as an insult. I certainly cast it as insult but I have yet to come across one who thinks its an insult.

Especially as it probably describes a pretty large majority of the UK these days.

A large majority can you back that up? I would agree that it describes the majority of people who run this country but by no means does it reflect the majority of the people who live in this country.

You never seem to hear “upper class fascist” or “working class Trotskyite” used with quite the same contempt.

Bit iffy that GrahamS “upper class fascist” is definatly said with a lot more contempt than middle class liberal, a lot more. “working class Trotskyite” Good I can’t even reclall the last time that was used must be some still about?

billysugger
    Free Member

OP – You did well.

I’m surprised some people on this site manage to type with such limp wrists.

Now either move out or be prepared but not worried to have to step it up should anything else happen.

wwaswas

So has MuddyDwarf now gone postal on his neighbours or is he off working out the implications of a Police caution on his personal and professional life?

binners

I don’t know about muddydwarf going all Columbine, I reckon there’s a more likely candidate on here at the moment….

😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

But if you read the original post some kids damaged his property,

I’m not sure mid-teens really counts as “kids”. At that point male 15-16 year olds are often 6ft tall and more than capable of causing damage. At 16 I was 6’1 and 15 stone without an ounce of fat on me, if you call such a person a kid then I guess you must rarely feel intimidated, must be nice.

McHamish
    Free Member

My father used to tell us we were working class as our grandad worked down a mine.

Trouble is my dad was the marketing director for a large multi-national, and I work in IT.

Based on the evolving nature of UK industry, I think it’s true that most people are middleclass.

rewski
    Free Member

I’m not sure mid-teens really counts as “kids”

Kids, teens whatever, my point still stands, step up and confront them by all means, just not with a lethal weapon.

I guess you must rarely feel intimidated

I’ve had my moments, I had a few scuffles, IMO if you look for trouble usually you find it. I’ve also made a conscious effort not to live near council estates.

binners

Elfin isn’t middle class. He tries to play it down but he’s actually the Marquis of Brixton. He’s allowed to eat the queens swans and everything!

His real name is Rupert Alfred Charles Mountbatton-Huntingly-Smythe

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m not sure mid-teens really counts as “kids”. At that point male 15-16 year olds are often 6ft tall and more than capable of causing damage. At 16 I was 6’1 and 15 stone without an ounce of fat on me, if you call such a person a kid then I guess you must rarely feel intimidated, must be nice.

Doesn’t matter how old they are – although 15/16 year olds don’t yet have ‘man strength’, they’ll be big enough to present a challenge (and if they’re hooligans, they’ve probably got more experience of fighting than most grown men have). Also, if there’s more than one you can’t assume they’ve heard of Queensbury rules.

GrahamS

I certainly cast it as insult but I have yet to come across one who thinks its an insult.

I’d probably describe myself as a middle class liberal if asked. 😀
    How would you describe yourself?

A large majority can you back that up?

Certainly, but you’d have to give me your definition of “middle class” and “liberal” – as you’ve already stated your conviction that it is “an attitude” rather than the more measurable facts of income, housing, political affiliation etc.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

binners – Member

Elfin isn’t middle class. He tries to play it down but he’s actually the Marquis of Brixton. He’s allowed to eat the queens swans and everything!

His real name is Rupert Alfred Charles Mountbatton-Huntingly-Smythe LOLZ

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think that people who see “classes” are a bit silly, it’s stupid to categorise people in such a way.

It’s a bit of a difficult problem, on one hand you can’t spend your life cowering in your house, but on the other hand this is what can happen when you try to do something about it (not too far from my old place):
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7094204.stm

I always tell my parents to stay in and ignore it now I’m not there to help out anymore, but I can see their point that they don’t want to feel trapped in their own home and would rather risk injury than feel victimised and bullied.

Doesn’t matter how old they are – although 15/16 year olds don’t yet have ‘man strength’

I’m not sure you’ve had much to do with “capable” 16 year old lads recently if you make that sort of statement!

I’ve had my moments, I had a few scuffles, IMO if you look for trouble usually you find it. I’ve also made a conscious effort not to live near council estates.

Certainly nice if you can. If you’re born there it’s hard not to.

dazh

Despite being a pinko-liberal (and yes middle class, although I don’t shout about it) these days, I’m on the side of the vigilantes. I grew up on a rough council estate in Newcastle and it was/still is common practice for anti-social behaviour to be ‘sorted’ without any involvement of the police or the law. In fact the police were generally supportive, they even told my dad off once for not giving a lad who broke our window a slap when he had the opportunity.

Still, if you’re going to go down that route, make sure you’re big enough and hard enough to follow it to it’s logical conclusion.

McHamish
    Free Member

I’m not sure you’ve had much to do with “capable” 16 year old lads recently if you make that sort of statement!

Only sparring in thai boxing and BJJ training…not actual fighting chavs on the street!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Only sparring in thai boxing and BJJ training…not actual fighting chavs on the street!

Normally the kids that go to martial arts training are those who need to be shown how to look after themselves and ultimately have more sense from it. Tis the ones with more mass and less to lose that are more dangerous.

McHamish
    Free Member

Tis the ones with more mass and less to lose that are more dangerous.

A good point.

In sparring no one has actually ‘wanted’ to hurt me (as far as I’m aware!)

It’s the nutters who you want to be worried about…the guys you see on those police reality programmes struggling and shouting and swearing while four policemen try to hold them down.

Sometimes called bottle coveys.

rewski
    Free Member

I blame cheap booze!

Lifer
    Free Member

Why is ‘liberal’ considered such an insult by some people?

Is ‘nice’ an insult too?

*STW PEDANT DISCLAIMER* the above statement is not suggesting the two are inseperable

GrahamS

Why is ‘liberal’ considered such an insult by some people?

I think it is used (by some) in the same tone of voice as “politically correct” – i.e. typically by people who believe a little too much of what they read in the papers.

Chambers says:
    liberal noun: someone who has liberal views, either politically or in general. adj tolerant of different opinions; open-minded. in favour of social and political reform, progressive.

None of these sound like bad things to me. 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

Is ‘nice’ an insult too?

Yes, definition of ‘nice’ is vaguely pleasant.

Lifer
    Free Member

I think it is used (by some) in the same tone of voice as “politically correct”

brandeberryj is Richard Littlejohn and I can has £5?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve heard some people really do get red-ragged if you include “wine-tasting” somewhere in-between “liberal”and “middle-class” 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Interesting day with the 'neighbours' (police content)’ is closed to new replies.