• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Moda.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Bike – Scott Carbon 29er
  • Moda
    Free Member

Just got my hands on my new steed. Had a demo for 2 days a month ago and was really taken with it but wanted a lighter version so here it is..

More pics here.

P1010452

RealMan
    Free Member

That garden, oh my.

Lovely bike though.

rOcKeTdOg

to save me squinting

P1010453 by damian68red, on Flickr

you’ll wear that chain fast in that gear

Moda
    Free Member

Thanks rocket I couldnt work out how to get the image bigger, now i know…

hoojum
    Free Member

Very nice Moda. What does it weigh?

69er
    Free Member

Chain a bit short? You are on big/big there fella… 😉

Sweet steed though.

Moda
    Free Member

With pedals it weighs 20.5 lbs in a large

singlecrack
    Free Member

dibs………. 😆

Hornet600
    Free Member

Sweet

E_G

So Moda, bought as frame only, or as a full bike and then virtually everything else swapped out? The only item I recognise from the full bike build is the Rocket Ron at the front… oh and the forks!

I’ve heard they are pretty popular and difficult to get hold of. Did you experience any difficulty in getting one?

Have you ridden it much yet? How does it handle?

E

AJ
    Free Member

I heard scott has over sold 29ers woldwide, no market my arse.

big_scot_nanny

jeepers, that just looks fast as…

nice, and how light?!?!? 😯

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The 29er Pro has sold out for the year. the only ones around are the one currently sitting in the shops who ordered them last September.

I too had Scott’s demo bike for a few weeks and it was awesome, I’m waiting patiently for my 29er Premium frame (due April)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Absolutely **** wonderful.

Moda
    Free Member

I only demoed this by accident and it was not until i did my usual weekly winter 4 hrs aerobic ride that i discovered what a great bit of kit it was. The grip is amazing and i have not noticed any loss of sharpness in the handling or the acceration.. Climbing i would say seems easier and you can takle lines that you may think twice about or avoid on a 26er when ascending…. Before this i was one of the 29er sceptics!

Looking at the components i already had i knew with a set of custom wheels i could get it much lighter but was surprised myself by the weight achieved as the Rc is over 21 without pedals in a medium.

From what i heard that almost everyone that tried the bike at the shop wanted one. I think i may have been lucky as i was told Scott have only a European allocation so the UK has to grab what it can from that. I ordered it 4 weeks ago as a full bike and only the frame forks and rocket ron tyre are original. Mediums are really hard to get hold of but large and XL are around in short supply..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Bike – Scott Carbon 29er’ is closed to new replies.