Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Intense Tyre and Chain Reaction Cycles
  • vancoughcough
    Free Member

I bought a dozen Intense Tyres from Chain Reaction. I have been happy with these tyres. I placed a new tyre on a brand new set of wheels: Nuke Proof Generator, Sapim spokes, Mavic En521 rims. Incidentally, the Mavic EN521’s came from CRC.

Anyway, whilst commuting to work, on a tyre and set of wheels that had seen less than 200 miles.. the rear tyre exploded and I skidded to a halt on a busy road with a flat metal rim because the tyre was gone. The tyre was not overinflated or underinflated. It was at 50psi.

CRC are only going to refund the cost of the tyre but have absolved themselves from the cost of the wheel build and rim. I think as a customer of CRC for 20 years that this is shit. Very very shit. The tyre could have killed me.

Advice please?

cynic-al
    Free Member

What was wrong with the tyre?

You have established a defect? It didn’t just puncture due to…being…punctured?

vancoughcough
    Free Member

Wasn’t a puncture. The tyre exploded. The tyre ripped accross the sidewall. The rip was perhaps 200cm in length. It wasn’t a puncture.

wwaswas

50psi is pretty high. Was it tubed or tubeless?

wwaswas

Calm down!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

And the toys come out the pram…..

wwaswas

Bless.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Why would you buy a dozen tyres?

rOcKeTdOg

Wasn’t a puncture. The tyre exploded. The tyre ripped accross the sidewall.

CRC are only going to refund the cost of the tyre

sounds fair to me

I bought a dozen Intense Tyres

probably it was out of alignment like their alu frames got a reputation for

legend
    Free Member

van cough cough – Member
    50psi is not maximum pressure. Perhaps you are a lady. Are you a lady?

lulz

Am I going to get any proper responses or just **** witted ones?

Nope, you’ll just get awesumz responses.

How long ago did you buy the tyre? How can you be sure it wasn’t damaged before it let go?

The tyre could have killed me.

Advice please?

Stop being so melodramatic?

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

You sound like a bit of a lady’s part, i’m with CRC

uselesshippy
    Free Member

If you drop your teddy again, I won’t pick it up, and you’ll lose it forever…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sue them for consequential losses.

maccruiskeen

Chain Reaction Cycles are shite.

Perhaps in other ways but they’re not in the wrong here. A warrantee on one object won’t cover consequential loss to another. If I buy a £1 shelf bracket and it fails and as a result my £1million ming vase falls off the wall B&Q would give me another £1 shelf bracket but they’re not liable for replacing my vase.

wwaswas

You have to buy a dozen as they explode regularly.

johnhe

This is a great thread. Thanks for cheering me up. Thank goodness it’s only a windup.

cynic-al
    Free Member

maccruisekeen – how not? Are you stating this as a proposition of consumer law?

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I’ll happily engage a solicitor? I now see it as my duty to cause thousands of pounds worth of damage to CRC.

wwaswas

People tend to get the reaction they provoke.

None of the initial posts were confrontational but you started getting shirty from the off.

andyrm
    Free Member

From the Terms and Conditions, which by continuing use of the site and purchasing you implicitly accept:

Chain Reaction Cycles disclaims damages of any kind, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties implied or otherwise relating to use of this site.

You’ve done well to get a refund on the tyre as they could easily argue that something had caused it to split/puncture.

Sadly in this country, people think they are entitled to “compensation” in some form or other for everything.

wwaswas

Ok, I’m not going near your rim though. It’s got a flat spot.

andyrm
    Free Member

I now see it as my duty to cause thousands of pounds worth of damage to CRC.

Ah, the modern day version of Red Dwarf’s “I’ll start a MAJOR, and I mean MAJOR leaflet campaign”. You’ll not cause damage to them, and were you to manage to go to court in some way, the above statement would instantly damage your claim as it can be shown to be a malicious claim. Well done, have a biscuit.

crispyrice

Shame that tyre didn’t get you…

PiknMix
    Free Member

Buy a new rim? May I recommend Chain Reaction Cycles, there’s usually some right bargains on there.

cookeaa

I too can be ham fisted, breaking stuff because I don’t really know what I’m doing.

I too would love to blame everyone who sold me items that I managed to break for my own ineptitude, but sooner or later you are going to have to accept that you probably didn’t seat the bead properly.

CRC are just a business. Why would they compensate you for something they had no control over and that you have not yet demonstrated is actually their fault?

The tyre refund sounds like a good will gesture more than an admission of fault. Are you planning to return the other 11 tyres?

chip
    Free Member

This isn’t you is it.

rOcKeTdOg

The tyre’s explosion could have caused me physical injury.

so could falling to the ground on some nice natural singletrack, you could then sue God* for creating it

*insert fav deity/creation theory here

p8ddy
    Free Member

You’re right. It could have. I mean the tyre could have flown off the rim, wrapped round your neck and choked you!
    Or, if you’d filled the tyre/tube with bolts and nails? Hey presto! A Chain Reaction nailbomb! And none of it your fault.

I guess though you should thank your lucky stars that you don’t have one of those backward bikes where your face hovers permanently over the rear tyre!

In addition to suing Chain Reaction, you should report them to the police. They might have done this on purpose? An angry warehouseman sick of the trollings that CRC get on STW may have sabotaged your tyre, so that it would explode when cycled on at EXACTLY 50psi! A bit like that Sandra Bullock movie Speed! But with CRC and tyres. And without Sandra Bullock.

parkesie
    Free Member

Ive blown a tyre clean off my rear wheel before managed to stop from speed down hill on rocks without damaging my now exposed rim.

dantsw13

Exploding tyres sounds bad, but how is riding on an exploded tyre different o riding on a punctured tyre?

I’d be careful bad mouthing CRC too much, or you might find yourself with a defamation counterclaim. I’m sure their lawyers are much better than yours.

scaredypants

And without Sandra Bullock

🙁

… actually, can I sue for this – emotional distress ?

fivespot
    Free Member

Lets hope the compensation band wagon hasn’t got CRC tyres on it 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

Contact the guy who set up AntiSuperstarcomponents.com he may be able to help you

p8ddy
    Free Member

*insert fav deity/creation theory here

Pete Murphy!

But he’s got issues of his own without being sued by the angriest man in the UK*.

Ohh….the huuuuge manatee!!

*Maybe the world?

p8ddy
    Free Member

… actually, can I sue for this – emotional distress ?

😆

I’d rather sue her for Speed 2.

p8ddy
    Free Member

Contact the guy who set up AntiSuperstarcomponents.com he may be able to help you

That’s right! And he sued Superstar in a COURT OF LAW!!

And was also a very very angry young man!

tomhoward

What moronic responses.

For a moronic OP

Maybe Singletrack is shit?

Maybe it’s a bit too grown up for you?

I buy in bulk. I actually ride. A lot.

Perhaps you shouldn’t, that way you can test products before committing

The tyre was new. The wheelset was new.

No it wasn’t, you said so.

Yeah, but so could a falling meteorite.

Is there any adults on this site? Or just a bunch of immature ****?

Are there any adults. Yes, adults who have a sense of humour, and don’t take too well to idiots ranting and raving like a petulant child who’s broken his toy.

Now, I think someone needs a nap.

p8ddy
    Free Member

fivespot…

Perfect. 😀

kimbers

**** CRC,infact I think you may have whiplash, Id seek legal redress

yossarian
    Free Member

26″ tyres?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Intense Tyre and Chain Reaction Cycles’ is closed to new replies.