Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • Insignificant things that drive you mad – but shouldnt..
  • willard

Use of the word “Lush” to describe something/someone. I HATE IT.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I don’t think there are enough hours in the day to type everything insignificant that annoys me. But here are a few –

The use of alot to mean a lot.
    People trying to get onto the train instead of letting passengers off first.
    Missing the S on plurals, eg “five pound” instead of “five pounds”.
    Folk who park at a petrol pump then don’t buy fuel, they go to buy fags or RedBull from the shop.

I have to stop already, it is making me angry. Yes, I am a very frustrated man.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

havent read much of the above but here’s mine..

1 – Idiots who when filling up with fuel wait for a pump where the pump is on the same side as the fuel cap – THE PIPE WILL STRETCH YOU ***** **** ****!!!! there should be snipers on top of the garage forecourt paid to take these people out.

2 – People who take ages at ATM’s, really there is no need!

3 – People who don’t indicate when driving, or worse people who ‘semi indicate’ – example- when turning right at a roundabout, they don’t indicate right but indicate left when turning off?? WTF???????????

4- Xenon headlights and daytime running LED’s all should be banned

5 – lifts, why do people press the button to call a lift then stand directly infront of the doors and then act surprised when the doors open and people file out.

I have to stop already, it is making me angry. Yes, I am a very frustrated man.

me too i have atleast another 20!

davidjones15
    Free Member

Idiots, hypocrits, greedy sods and lazy bleeders.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I think Monkey Boy is in the frustrated club too.

irelanst
    Free Member

People that say axe when they mean ask.

My daughter is one warning away from a beating if she says “uh huh” again when I ask her a question.

Cougar

Cougar – yep, normally stop a couple metres back so plenty. However, you could be sat 20m behind one of those new S-class mercs and still be dazzled.

Ah, they’re probably automatics, so sitting with your foot on the brake is pretty much standard practice.

they taught me this when I learned to drive 17 years ago – my instructor must have been ahead of his time.

Either that or they brought in sometime after I passed and before you started learning. Either way, I’d not heard it before; or rather, I’d not heard a specific distance beyond leaving ‘some room’ to get out in case, say, the car in front breaks down. I’m told they teach some twee little mnemonic now, akin to the “only a fool ignores the two second rule” one for braking distances, but I can’t remember what it is exactly.

makeitorange
    Free Member

I’m generally not a language snob but people who use the word “aint” when they should use “isn’t” or “haven’t” instantly annoy me. Particularly when unintentionally used as a double negative with the word no e.g. “I aint go no fags” when they mean “I haven’t got any cigarettes”.

davidjones15
    Free Member

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ain’t
    If it’s in the dictionary, it’s good enough for me.

Cougar

2 – People who take ages at ATM’s, really there is no need!

I really don’t get this. How hard is it to type in a four digit number, press the ‘money’ button, and then leave?

I always seem to end up behind this person:

1) Queue up to use the machine.

2) On reaching the machine, suddenly remember that you need your card.

3) Flail about your person looking for a wallet. Check every pocket. Twice. Find wallet. Open wallet. Discover card is absent (after checking each slot twice). Resume pocket search. Find card in first pocket originally checked.

4) Insert card into machine. Move lips whilst reading on-screen instructions.

5) When prompted, enter your PIN, no faster than one button press every five seconds. Remember, each button requires the same force as you’d generally apply to push-start a chieftain tank.

6) Wait, staring blankly into space.

7) Read the hoarding on the front of the machine.

8 ) Wait a bit more.

9) Look around the car park at people going about their business.

10) Realise that you need to press ‘Enter’ after typing your PIN. Press Enter. Hope no-one noticed.

11) Be utterly confused at the bewildering array of options presented to you. Read them all. Slowly. Use your finger to mark your place on the screen.

12) Check your balance. For bonus points, do it via advice slip, which will eject your card and send you back to step 4). Pretend you haven’t seen the strange purple gentleman behind you.

13) Choose your cash amount. Always select a receipt.

14) Take card.

15) Put card in wallet. Put wallet in pocket.

16) Take cash. Realise it needs to go in your wallet. Whilst remaining standing at the ATM, locate your wallet in just the second pocket you check (progress!).

17) Wait expectantly a bit, just in case the ATM decides to have a fit and give you more money. Discuss where to go next with your friend / partner / child. Consider buttoning your coat, putting on gloves etc.

18) Leave. Wait until the next customer is halfway through their transaction before shouting “ooh!” from across the car park, sprinting back and shoulder-charging them out of the way to try and take your receipt which is now unfortunately in the bin. Glower angrily at the customer over the injustice. Say nothing. Leave. Pointedly.

Cougar

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ain’t
    If it’s in the dictionary, it’s good enough for me.

Merriam Webster ain’t no dictionary we recognise round here, boy.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

• Tattoos
    • Cats
    • “Flesh tunnels”
    • Floral tributes
    • Vinegar pots in gastro pubs (I light spinkling would be good, not a deluge)
    • Funeral corteges driving at half the speed limit.

I have others…

tang
    Free Member

Brad Pitt in those perfume ads. Flipping everywhere, on telly all the time, bilboards even two massive one(on separate pages, first scrunchle on the fire tonight matey) in my broadsheet today. Inevitable? Yes Pitt it’s inevitable that I want to punch you in the chops.

Stoner
    Free Member

vacuum cleaner hose.

It’s not right that a man can get so angry with an inanimate object, but I do.

dan1980
    Free Member

I hate, in no particular order:

People who chew gum
    People who talk with their mouths full
    People who drive to close behind
    People who try and get in lifts/on trains whilst you’re trying to get out/off

Actually, I think it’s just people in general 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

People who take ages at ATM’s

Would have to agree with this. Often happens as I make my way across an otherwise deserted street with just one other person in the vicinity who starts walking faster so they can get to the ATM first.

Nobby

Folk who park at a petrol pump then don’t buy fuel, they go to buy fags or RedBull from the shop.

This.

Folk who think that having a mental age of 3 means they can park in disabled or parent & child spaces.

“six items or less” signs.

The bloke who lives over the road from me.

edlong
    Free Member

using the word “of” instead of “have” after words such as:

would
    could
    should

EDIT: Also the power lead on my iron, permanently kinked no matter how many times (and believe me, a LOT of times) I untwist it.

Euro
    Free Member

I HATE BLUNT KNIVES!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Tea bags in pairs.. WHY!!!!!

I’ve developed a technique whereby you reach into the tin (a Yorkshire Tea tin, obv) and as you pull out the two bags, the second one catches on the closing lid, tears off and drops back into the tin.
    Problem is you get the very occasional ripped bag (matron) and end up with tea-leaves everywhere…

I’ve developed a technique where you can separate and leave one behind without your hand leaving the box. It’s much like those clever folk that can crack an egg one handed.

You do get the occasional thumb through teabag incident resulting in loose leaves in the box…

makeitorange
    Free Member

People who talk with their mouths full

This, and people who clink their spoon/fork on their teeth when they put it in their mouth.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

People who wear pyjamas in public.
    Smokers.
    People who spit.
    People who have no interest whatsoever in disciplining their kids in public.
    People who open foodstuffs in Supermarkets and consume them whilst shopping, only to leave the discarded packet on a shelf before the checkout (see previous gripe).
    People who use text talk and substitute numbers for letters. ie “c u l8r”

The human race is doomed…

GaryLake
    Free Member

You guys do realise that many of these are perfectly legitimate things to get irate about?

wolfrider
    Free Member

People who flash you through when they’ve got complete right of way even though there’s no traffic behind them.just keep going ffs

wolfrider
    Free Member

People who use the phrase.it’s not his fault he’s only a kid. Or people who describe their overly cheeky kids as cute.

jfletch
    Free Member

daytime running LED’s all should be banned

Oops! These are now compulsory on all new models of car in the EU.

using the word “of” instead of “have” after words such as

Things that annoy me:
    Pedantic ****s who say “would HAVE” in a condiscending voice after I have clearly said “would ‘ave” not “would of”. 😡

davidjones15
    Free Member

Condescending. 😉

edlong
    Free Member

“would’ve” is fine, it’s a contraction of “would have”.

“would of” just makes no sodding sense.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have clearly said “would ‘ave” not “would of”.

your diction is terrible.

jfletch
    Free Member

“would’ve” is fine, it’s a contraction of “would have”.

“would of” just makes no sodding sense.

All true, but in spoken english “would’ve” and “would of” are indistinguishable so please keep your pedantic mouth closed.

binners

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Six music play-listing bloody Mumford and Sons! If I hear this bloody awful song one more sodding time!!!!!

cheers_drive

binners – Member
    AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Six music play-listing bloody Mumford and Sons! If I hear this bloody awful song one more sodding time!!!!!

It’s finished now, you can turn the sound up

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Top post Cougar – made me smile 😀

Although it doesn’t properly wind me up the one that does get a trifle annoying is travelling on trains during rush hour when the somewhat dim array their worldy goods across all seats in their vicinity and then look disgruntled when someone wants to sit in the spare seat. Really? You didn’t expect that?

lilchris
    Free Member

My daughter is one warning away from a beating if she says “uh huh” again when I ask her a question

“Uh huh” in a teenage nonchalant way, or “Uh huh” in an Alan Partridge way??

cheers_drive

I haven’t read the whole thread but I share a few including the perfume ads and scooters.
    Others are:
    People who shout across a room instead of walking over to talk to someone.
    People who scrape their fork on their teeth, or worse eat off a knife.
    People who hold a knife like a pen with the non cutting end above the back of the hand instead of under the palm.

jekkyl

>people who chew gum. . . people who chew gum with their mouth open, absolutely **** digusting.
    >Old people…. that’s it. Doddery old **** who just get in the way.
    >Drivers who stop to let pedestrians or cyclists cross when they have right of way. Agggh idiots.

Philby

People eating or drinking in supermarkets before they pay for the product (or more probably won’t as they will discard the wrapper, bottle etc. on a random shelf).

Food products packaging warnings stating the bleeding obvious – the packet of Brazil Nuts I have in front of me has a small warning on the rear of the pack with the immortal words “Allergy Advice – Contains Nuts”.

ThePinkster

My wife.

Well, not so much my wife as her inability to actually close anything, and i mean ANYTHING, properly.

Doors (cupboard, front, back, fridge, freezer, you name it). Always left minisculey ajar, to the point where you have to make the effort to stop them from closing fully.

Jam jars. forever put back in the cupboard with the top either not put on straight or not screwed down tight.

Paint pots. Put back on the shelf without the lid being pushed down properly, and she ‘only wanted to cover over a small chip in the paintwork’ with a 4″ paintbrush that can’t be cleaned now because the last time she did it she didn’t put the top on the top of the white spirit so it’s now evaporated, or worse fallen over down the back of the cupboard, stinking the garage out…..

And breathe………….

lilchris
    Free Member

People who think the thing I’m getting annoyed by is “Insignificant” 😆

…seriously, not enough server space for my list!!

RustySpanner

Those ‘ident’ things on the telly to remind you which channel you’re watching.
    Seriously, if I ever meet the person responsible for those, I’ll end up in chokey.

Vouchers and codes – JUST DROP THE PRICE.
    And no, I don’t want your crappy newsletter, thanks.

And whilst we’re at it, people who send out those bloody Christmas newsletter things.
    GO AWAY QUICKLY, IN SHORT JERKY MOVEMENTS.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Insignificant things that drive you mad – but shouldnt..’ is closed to new replies.