Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Innerleithen uplift – what trails should we ride?
  • Simon

Mon 23rd I’ll be up at Innerleithen with a few mates for the uplift.

We’ll be on trail bikes (Trance, Rocket, Stumpjumper, Five) and don’t want big doubles or massive drops, what trails should we ride and what should we avoid?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you don’t fanny about too much, you can pretty much do everything on the hill now, pretty much always a bus ready.

Get trailforks app, they’re all on there, all the ‘proper’ dh trails are waymarked too, all big drops on them have chicken lines and good line of sight.

Definitely do not miss out angry sheep.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Not been in ages but ‘matador is one to avoid as there’s an 8 ft drop in the top half and some doubles and gaps lower down.

The traditional trail bike descent is make or break as it’s the least steep but that’s full of lil gaps and drops

Cresta and gold runs are steep and everything s thing rollable just steep and probably a tight fit if you’ve got 800+ handlebars.

Anyway, wait as someone with more knowledge and who’s actually been in the last seven years will come along in a minute…

Simon

@Nobeerinthefridge I’ve got Trailforks.

We did Angry Sheep last year and it’s definitely on the list to do again this time.

How many runs is it possible to do in a day?

poah
    Free Member

Depends how quick you are down the hill.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Depends how quick you are down the hill.

Kinda, but really more dependant on how much pissing about you do. 12 runs no probs, 15 and more is possible if you really hammer it.

Angry sheep

Trail with no name

salmons journey

green wing

barts trail

not for poofs

date night

2nd date

Are all guid.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Was up there yesterday afternoon, although self uplifting rather than sat in the van (spent the morning on the Golfie). I’d done most of the official “DH” runs before, but not the more enduro-ey stuff

Gold & Cresta runs are pretty much flow trails by Inners standards. Didn’t do it yesterday, but I’ve done everything on Matador on a 6″ trail bike. The drops are a bit brutal but the jumps are not too steep and have clear approach and exits. Never done Make Or Brake

As above Angry Sheep is lovely. Nae For Poofs is pretty raw, but after the initial drop in didn’t really live up to its name. Narnia, don’t bother, Prospacker (with A Bit Of Spacker to start) ****’ awesome in a “ringpiece chewing lumps off your back tyre” kinda way. Bit of a pig to get to it though, and I’d imagine terrifying when wet.

The new uplift looks much more efficient than the old one, so I imagine it’ll be more about what your body can take rather than how often the vans go.

Mugboo

We will be on Day 3 of riding after the Lakes on Day 1 and Golfie on Day 2, hence the uplift on Day 3 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen uplift – what trails should we ride?’ is closed to new replies.