Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Innerleithen AIM
  • BoardinBob

I heard rumours that the proposed uplift at Inners has been shelved. It’s certainly been very quiet since the fanfare of the planning approval. Does anyone have any idea if it’s dead?

Diane
    Free Member

Not unless it’s happened in the last month. Things were going on in the background then – lots of permissions required, red tape and money to take it to the next stage.

fergal
    Free Member

can’t answer your question, but did three full push ups to the summit today, can’t be much of a downhiller, because I felt like I had really earned the descent.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Think it was me that actually mentioned it to Boardinbob, after an uplift mechanical at Inners a few weeks ago I bummed a lift back down from the uplift lorry and the driver had said to me its been shelved, he did explain but tbh I was findingit hard to understand what he was actually explaining 🙂

Northwind

I was speaking to one of the big noises the other week, no mention of it…

TBH the way the plan’s designed, it’s not really the sort of thing you shelve- it’s not a scheme with a deadline, it’s a slow process of lining up plans and knocking down problems, so a big silence or a lack of obvious progress like we’re having just now isn’t really a bad sign

fergal – Member

I felt like I had really earned the descent.

I earned some descents in the office today 😉

BoardinBob

Good to hear its still on track

legend
    Free Member

fergal – Member
    can’t answer your question, but did three full push ups to the summit today, can’t be much of a downhiller, because I felt like I had really earned the descent.

Just 3? You should use the bus and you’ll get 8 – sorted 😉

fergal
    Free Member

Northwind what’s the story with the Enduro runs, had a look at, I think it is the classic, total bogfest, back tracked, then sort of squelched down towards mince baby, but decided to just stick to the downhill in the end, because the trails were running great.

Do they run better once you get further in to them?

markyboy
    Free Member

Don’t know why they don’t go down the bike park wales route at inners.infastructure is already there.access road to top of trails ect.build a few new trails.permanent uplift and a visitor centre/shop……Bikepark Scotland!!

Northwind

There’s landowner issues at innerleithen which is why the uplift road’s so ridiculously long… But yeah, as much as I love the AIM plan it’d pay for a lot of tarmac road and minibuses.

fergal – Member

Northwind what’s the story with the Enduro runs, had a look at, I think it is the classic, total bogfest, back tracked, then sort of squelched down towards mince baby, but decided to just stick to the downhill in the end, because the trails were running great.

Top of the classic is always wet, it can be good fun but you’ve got to like slithering. There’s a long pedal section then it finally gets some gradient on as you drop down towards the red route. But the good stuff is after the black really, steep and slippy.

The alistair lees and mince baby mince (top bit) both start out fairly flat but get interesting once you’re a little bit in (ali lees gets going faster)

rickmeister

This is our local uplift to the top of Todtnau and the bike park… the luge run is a bonus…

icshambles
    Free Member

AIMUp plan for uplift is still going forward. All our focus is on raising the required funds, which is proving a time consuming business.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen AIM’ is closed to new replies.