Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Infowars – Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists; Alex Jones
  • frankconway

Let’s hope this is the first of many kickings for him – and the same happens to others of his ilk.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50960730

Gunz
    Free Member

Not nearly enough cash yet, I hope the whole thing bankrupts him and any of his financial supporters.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I feel like a better person wouldn’t be disappointed he hadn’t had an actual kicking.

leffeboy

and it’s not even gone to trial yet, this is just the warm up.  Excellent

oldnpastit

Couldn’t happen to a nicer person.

CountZero

That’s less than a tenth of what he should have been fined, actually, by American settlents, he should have been fine tens of millions.
    And been given a bloody good kicking.
    A vile, reprehensible scumbag.

nealglover
    Free Member

He’s worth something like $10M which sounds like a lot until you realise what this shitstorm could end up costing him.

Happy days.

Couldn’t happen to a nastier scumbag

frankconway

Fines to date are for a single claim at the pre-trial stage; yes, let’s hope this is a small taste for him of what’s to come.

leffeboy

That’s less than a tenth of what he should have been fined

As I understand it this is just a fine for not producing information the courts had asked for (which he probably couldn’t because it’s not clear it exists).  The big fine will come with the court case we hope

In some ways these sorts of sites should exist just to question what we take for granted but the Sandy Hook stuff took him into 100% pure **** territory with zero evidence.

PJM1974
    Free Member

He’s paid to spout nonsense, it’s no surprise that Jones is doubling down and ignoring the courts – the very best thing that can happen would be for Jones’s financial backers to be named, shamed and sued into oblivion.

MSP

He has made a fortune torturing the families of murdered children, my imagination does not sink to the depths of picturing the punishment he deserves.

Cougar

I remember back when Jones was interviewed by Piers Morgan, some wag on Twitter commented “you’ve got to consider your life choices when you could win a Who’s The Biggest See You Next Tuesday competition in a room containing Piers Morgan.”

grahamt1980

To be fair though, while piers Morgan is a grade a c*** of the highest order, he isn’t even in the same order of magnitude as Alex Jones

Pigface
    Free Member

Not wanting to tweak the whiskers of karma, but I wish for something very bad to happen to him.

grahamt1980

I think it is more a testament to the restraint of the sandy hook parents that this guy is still alive. I can’t imagine what I would want to do to that guy having had him say that you were lying having held the body of your dead son.
    I can’t imagine anything that the world could do to him that would make up for the stain on humanity of his existence

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm..

Some of you seem non to keen on this chap.

Having read the link ^^ I join you in the hatred.

theboatman
    Free Member

I could watch Alex Jones die screaming without troubled.

But I have to say the Sandy Hook promise videos are truly unsettling, I have had my share of worries about my girls at school, but that is something beyond me.

johnnystorm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50074652

$450k compensation in this case, hopefully that’s the norm, or the very least he can expect.

Poopscoop

Hands up here, didn’t know about this till I read that link.

How, how could you do that??? Honestly makes me believe that the devil is alive and well in many people.

frankconway

Poops, wish I could offer some intelligent comment.
    I can’t.
    No doubt Jones and his like would have existed without Trump but can’t avoid thinking the orange faced buffoon has in some way facilitated the poison that Jones and others spew into the air.
    I agree that Jones’ existence is proof the devil lives.

MSP

I could watch Alex Jones die screaming without trouble

I could watch Alex Jones being gang raped, and it would make me angry that he wasn’t being brutally murdered.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

What I can never get my head around with people like Alex Jones is do they actually believe the shite they spout?

Same with that vile creature Katy Hopkins, do they actually believe what they say or is it all just the most hideous, outlandish and divisive tosh they can think up to try and get publicity?

boomerlives
    Free Member

Jones’s financial backers to be named, shamed

Most have been named. Shame doesn’t appear to be in their capabilities.

funkmasterp

What an absolute vile prick of a man. Should be stripped of all his assets and placed naked in some stocks.

kelvin

What I can never get my head around with people like Alex Jones is do they actually believe the shite they spout?

No.

It’s a calculated means of making a living.

The attention makes them lots of money.

Want to buy some self improvement pills?

Klunk
    Free Member

Disinformation front for the NRA, if he did it out of belief it would be unconscionable but doing it for money utter scum.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The attention makes them lots of money.

Want to buy some self improvement pills?

Is PayPal gift ok or would you prefer Western Union?

alanl
    Free Member

There are some pretty vile comments about the man here.
    Clearly he is not a nice person, but really, you’d happily see him raped/horribly killed?

Christ get a life, and think about what you’ve hoped for.

ampthill

This story is horrendous.

Here is the story of how damaging this stuff is. It’s from this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/23/conspiracy-theories-internet-survivors-truth

Lenny Pozner, 51, is preparing to pack his bags, again. A few weeks ago, “hoaxers” – as he calls conspiracy theorists – reproduced a map of his Florida neighborhood with a dropped pin marking the precise location of his apartment. It will be the eighth time in five years he will have been forced to move home as he strives to keep one step ahead of the fanatics who relentlessly hound him.

Pozner’s crime, in the eyes of conspiracy theorists, is being the father of one of the 20 children who were gunned down in the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in December 2012. Noah was the youngest of all victims. He had just turned six.

Within months, conspiracy theorists, egged on by Alex Jones and Infowars, went to work. They generated thousands of web posts and a 426-page book called “Nobody Died at Sandy Hook”.

Their thesis: the shooting at the elementary school never happened. The 20 kids who died were “crisis actors”. The tragedy was a con. Noah had never even existed, he was a construct of Photoshop.

Within a year, it had reached such a pitch that Pozner knew he had to do something. “I agonized about the situation for several weeks. But ultimately I felt I owed it to my son to protect his memory.” He posted on his Google+ page his son’s birth and death certificates and kindergarten report card.

“I was extremely naive. I believed that people were simply misinformed and that if I released proof that my child had existed, thrived, loved and was loved, and was ultimately murdered, they would understand our grief, stop harassing us, and more importantly, stop defacing photos of Noah and defaming him online.”

Instead, he watched his deceased son buried a second time, under hundreds of pages of hateful web content. “I don’t think there’s any one word that fits the horror of it,” Pozner says. “It’s a phenomenon of the age which we’re in, modern day witch-hunts. It’s a form of mass delusion.”

Pozner is extraordinarily controlled. His voice is flat and preternaturally calm, as though all emotion has been pummeled out of him. His apartment has the same pared-down, antiseptic quality. “I’ve gotten good at moving, I’ve adapted to it,” he says.
    He left Newtown for Florida in 2013 with Noah’s mother, his now former wife Veronique De La Rosa, and their two daughters in the hope of rebuilding their lives. (He asked the Guardian not to identify the town he now lives in.) He has deliveries sent to a separate address and has rented multiple postal boxes as decoys.

The most serious of death threats came from Lucy Richards, a Florida resident who was so fervent in her belief that the Sandy Hook massacre was fake that she left messages on Pozner’s cellphone saying: “You’re going to die. Death is coming to you real soon, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” In June 2017, Richards was sentenced to five months in prison, followed by a further five months under house arrest.

Pozner sees this outpouring of hatred as a product of digital technology running ahead of society’s ability to contain it. “Social media hasn’t matured. We lack a segment of law enforcement specializing in it. There really is no one to help.”

But he reserves his staunchest criticism for Alex Jones, who he blames for amplifying conspiracies in the pursuit of profit. In a lawsuit suing Jones for defamation for more than $1m, lawyers for Pozner and De La Rosa chronicle how Infowars baited them over many years: the shooting was “staged”, a “giant hoax”. The school was an elaborate film set. It was all a “soap opera”.

But in targeting Pozner, Jones picked on the wrong guy. Since 2014 Pozner has made it his life’s work to confront the conspiracy theorists. Through his organization the Honr Network, Pozner has systematically challenged those who he believes cross that line, forcing moderators to delete posts. In 2018 alone, he reported 2,568 videos to YouTube and had 1,555 of those expunged.

Pozner’s lawsuit against Jones, which mirrors a similar legal case brought by Fontaine, is making its way through a federal court in Austin, Texas. Earlier this month they received a legal boost when the judge granted them access to Jones’s financial and marketing documents under discovery.

Jones denies defaming anyone, though he has so far failed in having the suits dismissed on free speech grounds.

Regarding the free speech argument, Pozner says: “You have the right to express yourself and your opinions, no matter how offensive they may be, until your chosen form of expression impedes my rights to be free from defamation and harassment.”

What shocks Pozner most, he says, was how alone he was when he began this fight. “I was the only one standing up to the hoaxers, and other than the loss of my son that was my biggest disappointment at the time.”

At least he has brought his son’s memory back to life. If you search Noah Pozner on Google you will find hundreds of articles about the boy’s life and death, and virtually none of the bile from those who questioned his existence.

By Pozner’s reckoning, one in five people around the world are suggestible to conspiracy theories, and their obsessions are amplified by the crude logic of digital algorithms. “There is just no more truth, there is just what’s trending on Twitter,” he says. “Used to be, you had to burn books to keep people from finding out the truth, now you just have to push it to page 20 of a Google search.”

darthpunk
    Free Member

The unfortunate thing here is that some twonk in the US will start a Gofundme for the fat prick and pay the fine for him because “he’s telling the truth”

Unless, that is, the 100k also comes with a “10 minutes in the same room with the parents with a pair of pliers and steel toe capped boots while he’s strapped to a chair, legs akimbo” clause. I’d see him back on You Tube just for that

martinhutch

I do wonder if he believes any of this shit, or just wants to hawk his crappy ‘nutraceuticals’ to a select group of credulous ****.

hatter

Hard to think of many people who have done more to poison American political discourse than Alex Jones.

Whilst Sandy Hook was probably his most sickening grift, his ‘9/11 was an inside job’ nonsense continues to cause horror to this day.

The anti-Semitic graffiti that was daubed in London just a few days ago, that can be traced straight back to Info Wars and their talk of ‘globalists’ staging terror attacks.

CountZero

Clearly he is not a nice person, but really, you’d happily see him raped/horribly killed?

I would respectfully suggest you go and do some in-depth research into this man and everything that he’s done and said, then come back and let us know how you would like him to be treated.
    He’s a walking human turd.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I would respectfully suggest you go and do some in-depth research into this man and everything that he’s done and said, then come back and let us know how you would like him to be treated.

In a modern democracy with some regard to human rights physical punishment isn’t the answer. Put in jail, break him financially, turn him into an irrelevance. About all you can do.

He’s a walking human turd.

I agree

convert

I’ve had a quick dig round in my imagination for any dark deeds I could imagine. I’ve got a pretty vivid imagination. And nope, none of them would be off the menu for Mr Jones. Soz.

Poopscoop

alanl

Christ get a life, and think about what you’ve hoped for

Yeah but if he got gang raped (which would be a terrible shame obviously) or whatever, someone could just put a site up saying it was a hoax and it’s all good right?? It never happened, so I don’t see the problem?

doomanic

Have you seen Hostel? All of that, just for starters. Followed by the first retribution from Law Abiding Citizen.

Northwind

He’s a terrorist- he should be treated the same as any other terrorist.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s very, very easy to react to Alex Jones’s actions with vitriol and hatred – in any normal society, he’d be laughed at on his way to irrelevance. However, wishing the worst kind of violence upon Jones merely brings one down to Jones’ level.

Far better to see him forced to defend himself in his deposition back in March here

And consider this – who is worse; Jones himself or the people who’ve helped fund him and platform him. The actions of some of the individuals connected to the NRA who’ve used Jones to harass grieving have been every bit as heinous. I’d like to see them defend themselves in court too. In hating Jones for his vitriol, you’re letting someone else get away with worse.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Infowars – Sandy Hook conspiracy theorists; Alex Jones’ is closed to new replies.