Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Indoor cat has escaped
  • stox
    Free Member

I wasn’t in this morning but The guy next door knocked and said to my wife “I think your cat is in my garage”.

He was laid behind a pile of stuff in there but came out when my wife went in and called him.

My neighbour has checked his garage several times. we didn’t realise the side door had a Gap at the bottom that Joe is likely to be able to squeeze through so whether he has recently moved into the garage or he has been using it as a base to explore I guess we’ll never know.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time standing In front of their garage door this past week to hear him in case he was in there but there’s be no sound.

So far he’s demolished some biscuits and half a tin of tuna fish 🙂 going to run him to the vets for a check over but he seems absolutely fine. Mind you, his sister is giving him some grief .. Hissing at him!
    I just need to let the whole estate know now that he’s home!

He doesn’t look too concerned that he ruined my week off….

boblo
    Free Member

(-: Great news. Little shit (the cat not the OP).

damascus
    Free Member

😀

footflaps

🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

That’s cheered me up on a shit day. Thanks. Give him a sardine from me.

twistedpencil

Hurrah!

Pigface
    Free Member

Top news 😀

Jolsa

Excellent news!

martinhutch

Good news. The little bastard. 🙂

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Yay! He may have only gone as far as next door but he’s looking very worldly-wise and cosmopolitan 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

Great stuff. Get the poor sod a cat flap.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

And they all lived happy ever after. 😀

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Congrats!

just like my pals cat, they like to find somewhere to ‘meditate’, lol.

View post on imgur.com

mightymule
    Free Member

HUZZAH! 🙂

nairnster
    Free Member

Great news. Handsome fella isn’t he.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The little bastard.

1st thing I thought when I read he was back!

Our ‘house cat’ wasn’t ‘kept’ in the house, she just purrferred (see what I did there?) to not go out much & hardly ventured out of our boundary.
    That fluffy black one that wanders around here with impunity seems to have no home but comes into our house at will & has even been trapped in our bathroom for an afternoon!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

So has he now been upgraded to an indoor/outdoor cat?

Stoner
    Free Member

Mind you, his sister is giving him some grief .. Hissing at him!

Woah, woah, woah!
    Are you sure you have not now got a replicant cat? Or a voodoo possessed cat? His sister may be on to something you know..

stox
    Free Member

Mind you, his sister is giving him some grief .. Hissing at him!
    Woah, woah, woah!
    Are you sure you have not now got a replicant cat? Or a voodoo possessed cat? His sister may be on to something you know..

They’ve sorted their differences … They were due their boosters so they both got bunged into a cat carrier for a trip to the vets. No room for squabbling in that!

Joe’s made himself comfortable in his usual sleep spot. Looks like he’s lost a bit of weight too so every cloud 🙂

It’s good to have ‘the little bastard’ back 8)

Trimix
    Free Member

So, are you going to lock him up now or let him be a natural cat ?

stox
    Free Member

So, are you going to lock him up now or let him be a natural cat ?

Well the problem is I don’t know if he’s been in that garage all week or if he’s been out and about being a ‘natural cat’ as you put it …
    For all I know he may have been in the garage all this time without venturing out and exploring.

r1chardh
    Free Member

Great news. Can’t believe some of the responses you got, but really pleased for you that he’s back. Handsome kitty!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Male black cats can be wanderers and explorers. A neighbour’s cat much like yours would roam all around the neighbourhood and sneak into everyone’s house. Kept getting into my house and would get into everything. Always wanted to climb on top of things for some reason. I knew another that went for miles to return to it’s old home when the owners moved to another town.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Maybe if he’s really looking for a quiet place, away from the other cat then he might appreciate having a box to himself.

You could make some kind of wooden box with holes for air and a safety hatch to let him out if he gets stuck.

But the clever part is using one of those cat flaps that’s opened by an electrical signal from the cats collar as the main door into the box. He’s got his own collar that lets him in and out of his box as he pleases, without interference from the other cat.

Though, cats also appreciate some shrubbery placed next to the cat flap as this helps them scope for any danger before they step ‘outside’

oink1
    Free Member

Yay! Welcome home kitty! 😀

jamj1974

Cats are gits!

Glad the wee man is back!

Alphabet

😀 + thumbs up emoji.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

deadkenny – Member

Male black cats can be wanderers and explorers.

jam-bo
    chestrockwell

Great news but…

going to run him to the vets for a check over but he seems absolutely fine.

Save your money, he’ll be fine.

stox
    Free Member

Save your money, he’ll be fine.

He is but their boosters were already overdue so figured yesterday was a good day to get them
    Done! (Horse / stable door!)

grtdkad

Yay, great news 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Glad he’s back. Had one that looked like him that i had for my birthday when I was 7 he left one day when I was about 10, I put up posters etc after a few weeks I lost hope and just assumed the worst.

6 months later he wandered in the cat flap like nothing happened!

Daffy

He looks so smug in your picture.

nedrapier

Happy the fella’s turned up.

My mum’s cat was been missing for 4 days, just been found dead on a neighbour’s front lawn. Beautiful little brown burmese. 14(?) years old. Her brother’s in a state. Same litter, been together since birth. 🙁

RIP Hero.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Sad news on Hero, RIP.

We tried to adopt my friends Burmese (William) when he married as the wife was allergic to cats.

Hell of a character but had to go to my sister as didn’t get on with the other cat.

Eventually died but had many good years in Brighton.

Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Indoor cat has escaped’ is closed to new replies.