• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by fossy.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Indoor camping
  • MrPottatoHead

At the behest of my son I am currently led wide awake in a tent in the living room enduring one of the worst nights sleep ever. He is happily sleeping like a log.

He’s been finding the current situation tough going and has been looking forward to this all week, so I’m happy to oblige and earn some dad points, although right now I’d really like to trade with the wife and be in my bed right now!

Poopscoop

Been there, done that. He’s 22 now.

No sleep but great bonding in these difficult times mate.👍

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Top dad 👍

Northwind

Top dadding!

kayak23

Cool. Bet he’s well happy 😊

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

What sleeping mat for the living room? Comfort > Weight

TheBrick
    Free Member

Man if you cannot get comfortable sleeping indoors you really suck at camping!

MrPottatoHead

I do truly suck at camping-might need a chiro to put my back together after that night!! Tent too small for the inflatable mattress. He woke up happy though, so worth it.

tjagain

I may well be doing this myself. Normally early May is our first camping trip of the year. I may simulate this by climbing the stairs 20 times, turning the central heating off, having a cold shower with all my clothes on and then sleeping in the tent in the living room

outofbreath
    Free Member

Been there, done that. He’s 22 now.

That photo says it all thanks for sharing. My lad is about the same age right now. Love it all. Smiles, everything is an adventure. Great years.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

My boy has slept in his ‘fort’ a couple of nights this week (fort being a blanket over his bed supported by various bits of wood and clips). Maybe have a night in the tent in the garden when it warms up a bit.

neilnevill
    Free Member

My 4 yo girl is keen for a tent night, it might be in the garden tomorrow. I suspect she will get bored and want to go inside but maybe…. Will be worth a try.

colin9

Yep, getting the bivvy bags out in the garden with my little boy tonight. Also I made a little campfire in a flowerbed earlier for the purposes of marshmallow toasting, I had it on an old plank and had a watering can to keep it carefully contained. Wife was a little bemused.

TheBrick
    Free Member

He woke up happy though, so worth it.

Bingo!

MoreCashThanDash

My eldest should have been doing his gold DofE practice expedition this weekend. Better weather than we feared.

MrsMC suggested he pitch his tent in the back garden tonight, hike several laps round the village tomorrow, pitch in the front garden tomorrow, repeat…

They soon grow out of wanting to camp with parents….

ads678

We’re planning a camping trip to the garden, maybe next week. Might do a bit of a camp fire as well.
    Not sure how much sleep I’ll get but we need to break it up a bit.

Swirly
    Free Member

We used to indoor camp at Scouts sometimes.

The neighbouring properties to the Scout hut used to constantly complain of the excessive noise.

Guy ropes were nailed to the wooden floor.

One’s snot used to be black at the end of the weekend with the dust.

Ah the memories :o)

fossy

Done this – daughter had friends stop over when young, so we squeezed a 3 man tent in the lounge for them. I was a parent helper with Beavers and we used to do indoor camping with them at the scout hut.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Indoor camping’ is closed to new replies.