Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Indexing a clutch mech
  • dantsw13

I’ve just fitted a clutch mech, and it seems the indexing setup is more sensitive than my old mech, and I’m struggling to get smooth shifts on/off the 36T cog on my cassette. Is this a function of the extra tension from the clutch mech or am I missing something?

Mackem

I havent had any more/less problems with setting up a clutch mech. I did make sure I did it with the clutch off when I set it up, no-one recommended this, just seemed like a good idea. (but probably makes no difference)

exactly which mech btw? If it’s a Zee maybe you’ve got the wrong one. (ie you have the narrow range one rather than the wider range) – just a wild guess.

creamegg
    Free Member

I doubt the clutch would do anything. Change it to the off position if You want to check. Mine indexed just as my old mech

tonyd

I fitted one last week and didn’t have any issues at all. Is the clutch engaged while you’re indexing? Mine wasn’t, I left clutch off, set stoppers, then indexed as usual.

Tested without clutch then with and all good, rode without issue. Maybe I was just lucky!

clubber
    Free Member

Sounds like your limit screw is too far in.

Onzadog
    Free Member

B-tension screw?

Silly question, but you are running 10 speed kit with it aren’t you?

dantsw13

Ok – sounds like its my set-up rather than the clutch mech per se. My rear end needs its bearings replaced too, so ill do that before fine tuning it.

Yes, all 10 spd!!!

creamegg
    Free Member

I followed this guide when i built my xc bike up, and worked just as well on my other bike too so obviously wasnt a fluke…

Rear mech set-up

dantsw13

Cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Indexing a clutch mech’ is closed to new replies.