Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Increase travel in rockshox pike – can I do it?
  • filks

I’ve got a 2016 pike with 140mm travel. I reckon I’m at least 10mm more gnar now. Stanchion is has marked graduations for sag for either 130 or 140mm of travel. Does this mean I can’t put a 150mm air shaft in because the CSU/chassis is different to a 150/160 pike of the same era? Or is it all the same and if I can get the air spring just do it (and ignore the graduations when setting sag)?

TIA

tomhoward

Could be fine, the air shaft you buy depends on the wheel size though.

filks

Thanks – I saw that but was worried the stanchions on mine are shorter than a 150/160 version. Is that a thing or does it not matter what’s written on them re sag?

honourablegeorge

There was a point where 140 was max for 29 and 160 for 27.5, they shared parts.

binman

Have you tried putting the fork crown number into the Rockshox Trailhead app to see what the options are ? No promises that it will work.

dhrider
    Free Member

PDF here https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/service-manuals/rockshox/front-suspension/gen.0000000005734-service-manual-debonair-upgrade-kit.pdf

Part number on page 7

You should just be able to change the air shaft and the fork stanchion markings will become irrelevant.

I had the same on a Lyrik where I reduced the travel and the markings are now irrelevant.

chiefgrooveguru

I have a slightly older 27.5 Pike which started at 130mm and then went to 140mm and now 150mm. With some maths the sag markings are still useful (30% sag at 150mm is the 25% 140mm marker; 25% @ 150mm is the 20% 140mm marker).

ocrider

I’ve changed a 2017 27.5 Pike (A2) from 140 to 160mm, upgrading to a debonair airshaft in the process. It’s simple and inexpensive, so see what part you need on the trailhead site. If it’s the same generation as mine (or an A1) part 00.4019.931.007 is the one for you.

filks

Thanks all – very helpful. Trailhead app did it and gave me everything I needed. Nice one

militantmandy
    Free Member

Buy yourself some circlip pliers if you don’t own any!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Increase travel in rockshox pike – can I do it?’ is closed to new replies.