Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Immobitag – are they worth it?
  • richdrake
    Free Member

Hi Everyone,

I saw an advert in MBUK for the immobilise company and the immobitag for bikes.

Does anyone recommend this, had a bad experience and this helped, or just have an opinion on it?

I collect my new Stumpy this weekend and for £11.99 (using bikeradar as a voucher code) we could buy the immobitag thing to put into the frame. But really is it worth it and who’s actually tracking this…?

Could I see where my bike is at all times (GPS style)… in which case, can someone else too and pinpoint where it is – to go steal it? etc etc.

I’m just getting insurance sorted too in next couple of days, will immobitag help get me discounts etc?

Ideas/comments please.

Thanks

Rich

ps – glad to have just joined the forum 🙂

Richie_B

Some insurance companies won’t cover your bike if its worth more than £1000 unless you have some form of electronic tag fitted.

alpin
    Free Member

is this the same thing our local police were doing? a little chip about size of a grain of rice. stick it into saddle or glue somewhere descrete on frame.

5 quid. chip was registered to my name addr. decription of bike.

when bikes where found by police at an ‘address’ or abandoned then they could scan bikes and return to owner.

didn’t mean you could track where your bike was once it was stolen, only to whom it belonged if at all found.

did it anyway but don’t know what success rate they have with scheme.

J

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Immobitag – are they worth it?’ is closed to new replies.