Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I'm so sorry…… printer ink question
  • womble72
    Free Member

Sorry to have to ask such a boring question but do any of you have a ‘go to’ supplier for printer ink cartridges? I’ve only ever bought genuine Epson ink but funds are a bit tight and was considering using an alternative ‘compatible’ type cartridge. Thanks In advance.

cp
    bigblackshed

After our Kodak printer died of unnatural causes we bought a HP and signed up to the monthly subscription service. Never out of ink, it prints well, costs £1.99 a month. Printer was only about £45 with 5 months free ink.

poah
    Free Member

I used to use a CIS with my Epson R2400 but you can get empty carts and 3rd party inks. if all you are doing is printing documents then get cheap stuff.

james-rennie

..but dont go too cheap.
    We have an HP printer, used perhaps 3 or 4 times a year (printing out ferry/plane/train tickets, occasional homework for the kids) and it really does seem to need new cartridges twice a year SINCE WE STARTED WITH CHEAP ones.
    Also noticed that the ones we’ve been using are a filthy mess to replace, resulting in multi-coloured finger tips.
    As soon as they require replacement I’ll get some proper/better ones again.
    Hoping there’s a compromise between utter blanket, and genuine expensive cartridges.

cp

Hoping there’s a compromise between utter blanket, and genuine expensive cartridges.

the first call inks I linked to are that IMO. They print really well, photo’s look great and they have proper seals and twist off caps for the ink port – so no messy ink everywhere.

Don’t find they dry out that much more than ‘proper’ cartridges either…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve usually used https://www.choicestationery.com/ without any bother but cp’s recommendation seem even cheaper-er.

Also noticed that the ones we’ve been using are a filthy mess to replace, resulting in multi-coloured finger tips.

Never had that with the Choice Stationary ones I’ve used on my Epson PX650.

I’ll look at cp’s choice next time though.

womble72
    Free Member

Thanks Guys. Just placed an order with first call inks. Amazing prices. Two full packs for less than half the price of a genuine epson.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I'm so sorry…… printer ink question’ is closed to new replies.