Home Forums Bike Forum I'm off to see the consultant. Wish me luck?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I'm off to see the consultant. Wish me luck?
  • Bregante

I’ve been off the bike since February after I tore my patellar tendon in my left leg. No surgery but 3 months in a splint followed by lots of physio and gentle exercise and today, hopefully I will get the all clear to get back on my bike. (intend to do a bt of gentle road pooling to begin with).

Fingers crossed!

philconsequence
    Free Member

good luck! :D

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Where you getting it checked out?

Make sure you ask specific question about what you can or cant do, dont just make the assumption they know what you intend to do.. I know it sounds stupid but Mrs FD often tells people they are getting better only to find them back in clinic a week later because they did a marathon 2 days before which they failed to mention!

I’m really worried that I have the start of serious knee problems :-(

Bregante

Yay! I can resume riding “within reason” – basically if it isn’t hurting I should be fine. In fact, regular riding, even commuting, will help to build up the quads which have degenerated alarmingly in the last few months. Gonna stick to the road at first and play it by ear before I do owt daft.

philconsequence
    Free Member

congrats… i’m hoping to be back on a bike by this time next week!

lowey

Good news mate. Chuffed for you.

Bregante

Well I just managed to keep up with my 7 yr old ALL the way round the park on my CX bike so it looks like I may be up for doing Whinlatter this weekend :wink:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I'm off to see the consultant. Wish me luck?’ is closed to new replies.