Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • I’m not a racist, but..
  • DezB
    Free Member

Youtube thinks I am! I uploaded a short scene from the Steve McQueen documentary “Uprising”, where a copper was saying racist stuff. My description was something like, “Stunning racism from the 70s…” and I got a “Our team has reviewed your content, and, unfortunately, we think it violates our hate speech policy.” message.
    I hadn’t even shared it!
    Should I care that I’m marked as a racist by Youtube, or am I just a piece of big data floating in the ether?
    I’ve deleted the vid anyway

Poopscoop

Can’t help I’m afraid but I’m canceling you now you bloody racist.

Got a job offer from GB News get?😉

Flaperon

Should we all be racists now? Only I might not be able to devote myself full-time to the old racism.

fasthaggis

At least it wasn’t one of your dance videos Dez 😉 🙂

binners

Poopscoop

BruceWee

‘Stunning’ is quite a positive word. Maybe YT thought you were saying, ‘Look how racist this is, isn’t it awesome!’

convert

My wife once wrote “sometimes I could kill him but….then something nice about me” alongside a photo of me/us on Facebook.

She got a week on the naughty step and a stern email about domestic violence. Oh how I laughed!

DezB
    Free Member

‘Stunning’ is quite a positive word.

Oh yeah! Like, “I wish I could be this racist!” Damn, I’ll re-upload and change it to “this video shows a horrible man”. Or something. I’m sure their algorithms will work better next time 😀

finbar
    Free Member

Damn, I’ll re-upload and change it to “this video shows a horrible man the average STW reader’s epitome of cool/#1 icon/mancrush”

FTFY

😉

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Our social media overlords don’t do sarcasm. The fact your racist or not is irrelevant, you’ve been judged based on one interpretation and condemned!!

A few years from now in a discussion on here someone will dig it up and offer it up as proof you are a raging white supremecist.

v7fmp

out of interest, why are you uploading that clip to youtube?

DezB
    Free Member

At least it wasn’t one of your dance videos Dez

Oh, they’re on one of the other “tube” sites. Can supply links 😀

DezB
    Free Member

why are you uploading that clip to youtube?

Have a few guesses 🙄

nickc

Yeah, I think also that some of the mods have English as a second language , so may not get the nuance of your remark.

Should I care that I’m marked as a racist by Youtube

You’ll probably get flagged more often.

v7fmp

To go with the other clips that already exist on there? Or the full documentary that’s already on there? Or to share a specific scene with friends and family? I have no real idea, hence my curiosity and my question.

But hey, if you dont want to give a reason, thats cool. no drama’s.

grum
    Free Member

It seems a slightly odd thing to do to me also, is your YouTube channel just clips of people being racist? 😛

dyna-ti

Odd that the full movie is already available on you tube(just looked) and theres no warning or such on it.
    Does this mean you tube are also guilty by their own rules 😕

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

To the OP, a software robot has determined you are a racist and the social media overlords will now share that data and ruin your life.

Of course this is a wild exaggeration but given the lack of transparency on data use and sharing it’s something we should all be very worried about in the near future.

DezB
    Free Member

Or to share a specific scene with friends and family

Correct. I mean. **** obvious I thought.

v7fmp

wow. someone is grumpy that YT labelled them a racist……

grum
    Free Member

Well you can link to a specific time in a YT video so it still seems a bit redundant if the whole doc is up there.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m protesting too much eh. 😆

Well you can link to a specific time in a YT video so it still seems a bit redundant if the whole doc is up there.

Cool. The clip I uploaded is gone now, and as said, wasn’t shared anyway.

kerley
    Free Member

It seems a slightly odd thing to do to me also, is your YouTube channel just clips of people being racist?

I think the fact that the channel is called “whites for ever” is telling you all you need to know

grum
    Free Member

Lol @kerley

DezB ‘I’m not a racist I just run a racist YouTube channel’ 😝

DezB
    Free Member

Here, I was watching the Lions with my mum on Saturday. They showed Maro Itoji taking a knee at the start and me ol mum goes “they shouldn’t do that”. It’s how I was brought up, what can I do?

binners

Have you considered legal action against your parents Dezzy?

DezB
    Free Member

She can’t help it, she grew up in South Africa in the 40s. Luckily, I can think for myself. Well, until now.

MSP

Yeah, I think also that some of the mods have English as a second language , so may not get the nuance of your remark.

Yeah bloody foreigners coming over here taking jobs from good honest whites brits, someone should do something about that.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hang on a minute. I went to a “Mindfulness and Inclusion” session last week and it said we should be tolerant of others views. Surely that means we should be tolerant of others views when they dno’t align with our own.

If DezB wants to be a racist then surely we should support him in this and be proud for him for being able to stand out from the masses and share this?

Or is that just for disabled/gay/black/other minorities?

I tried to ask if it was okay to be a xenaphobic, racist homophobe but my microphone appeared to mute itself. Perhaps it was machine censorship.

***** THIS IS IRONIC, NOT REAL *****

grum
    Free Member

I don’t think DezB is racist, he just set up a racist YouTube channel for his mum.

tjagain

Well played DezB

DezB
    Free Member

I knows it.

argee

Poopscoop

I think we need to look through this post history now to see if he has ever posted the number 88 or 18. Ever.

If he has then we know he is a raging racist for certain and YT was right to cancel him.

Edukator
    Free Member

Youtube seems to be mainly down to the title. I can post a video of any song I want as long as I don’t use the title, use the title and it pops up as orange or red. Sometimes just one word is enough.

RustySpanner

Damn, I’ll re-upload and change it to “this video shows a horrible man”. Or something. I’m sure their algorithms will work better next time!

“So, when did you stop being racist?” 🙂

steelbike
    Free Member

Hopes to god you tube dont discover large swathes of african american artists spanning the last 30 years Bobnlarry here’s looking at you.

Or are you just upset you haven’t been able to issue a public apology to people who don’t really have a dog in the race?

Do you align yourself as a wigger or wangsta

Weird Al seems to have gotten away with it

dyna-ti

I didn’t realize Combat 18 had a cycling division 😝

Saccades
    Free Member

I work next door to the (probably A place) place that does the video review for Facebook.

Some bigwigs, two mental health people and everyone else is a kid on minimum wage and most are from Iberia for some reason. Last an average of 4 months supposedly (I know the facilities manager from a previous job).

Looks proper shit, I’d rather clean the cludges.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘I’m not a racist, but..’ is closed to new replies.