Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • I'm more middle class than you are
  • llama

Live in a posh world heritage city
    Shop local or Waitrose
    Only ever make my own bread (by hand)
    Drive one the vehicles mentioned above
    Both kids at uni
    Enough quinoa/bulgur wheat/freekeh in my cupboard to stuff a beanbag
    Go to Glastonbury festival and think the price is reasonable
    Really should get the dog onto raw food

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I used to live in a converted barn in the lakes with an aga, shop at sainsbury only when I couldn’t get to booths, choose my wine by more than country or origin only eat in the better local pubs and preferred to cook from scratch.

These days I live in a shared house, have a shared office shop where ever is open but I’m off whisky tasting later in the month with 500 quid bottles, just been to a mad art/music gig in a disused office building and ride my bikes to work. I think I’m mostly just confuseddivorced.

footflaps

I drink coffee at work, but I bring my own in, in a Harrods tin,

My Earl Grey Tea Bags live in a Harrods tin at work (the tea was a bit mediocre, so binned it and replaced with Taylors of Harrogate).

Yes, bread-maker

Chav.

My neighbour runs a micro bakery and delivers her loaves by bicycle. https://breadonabike.wordpress.com/about/

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m going to offer up this point about being, or aspiring to be, Middle Class.

If you don’t have a little blue P in front of your Username on this ere’ website, by definition and no matter how much you argue to the contrary, you are Not Middle Class.

😛

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m going to offer up this point about being, or aspiring to be, Middle Class.

If you don’t have a little blue P in front of your Username on this ere’ website, by definition and no matter how much you argue to the contrary, you are Not Middle Class.

…..unless you read the hard copy of the magazine whilst at your club.

finbar
    Free Member

We got burgled while we were on holiday in the Lake District back in November, but the burglars didn’t find anything worth stealing.

Solo
    Free Member

I’m more middle class than you are

What? You ride a Pashley?

vintagewino
    Free Member

I put my recycling through the dishwasher before putting it out.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I own a Blur album that isn’t Parklife.

ahwiles
    Free Member

we buy wine that doesn’t get drunk on the day of purchase.

we had hummus and avacado for dinner last night.

we have a pheasant in the freezer.

thisisnotaspoon – Member

Middle class fails:
    I drive an old ford petrol.

old shabby cars are very established-middle class, rather than aspiring-middle class.

bikebouy
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member

…..unless you read the hard copy of the magazine whilst at your club.

Erm, yes but that copy is copy 89 and has coffee/beer stains on it and your club is the local Working Mans Club.

😆

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’d see them more as the White Range Rover Evoque of the forum…

weeksy

I’m a Scouser, I could have all the Spelt flour, Quinoa, Audis and Range Rovers in the world, I’m still not going to convince anyone I’m middle class.

(pronounced class, not clarse)

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have a TV in my living room but not in my lounge.
    The TV is smaller than the bookcase.

I also have two dining rooms, an everyday one and a Sunday / Christmas / Birthday one.

My wife and I have matching personal number plates on our beige people carriers.

Does one win £5?

slowoldman

old shabby cars are very established-middle class

Yes I feel my green 15 year old Passat estate fits in rather well at the hunt.

egb81
    Free Member

What’s the best thing about Sainbury’s?
    It keeps the riff raff out of Waitrose.

That’s about as middle class as I get.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I get out of the shower to pee.

rone

Got up, walked across my under floor heating for fresh coffee with Raw milk. Home made yogurt and granola for breakfast after leaving my ironing for the ironing lady. Checked the cellar for a good Malbec this evening, and selected a 4K film for streaming in the home cinema. Ocado delivered at 8:00am. Fillet steak for dinner on the Range induction and new griddle.

Leave house via french doors, pat my border terrier goodbye and go to my bike garage – deactivate my CCTV and alarm – study Turner fleet and enve wheel bag 😉 and then decide against it and head off to work (film production company) in my ahem Fabia. Rumbled. 😉

95% of that is true – but I did ride to work.

I call dinner Tea and live in a semi, and I am not married. So working class big spender.

perchypanther
    Free Member

selected a 4K film for streaming in the home cinema

Fail. It’s a media room.

grum
    Free Member

I have a TV in my living room but not in my lounge.
    The TV is smaller than the bookcase.

Oh, you have a TV? How terribly uncouth.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Oh, you have a TV? How terribly uncouth.

Of course, it really makes the recipes in Nigella’s books come to life when we can see them being prepared on TV

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Loakes. Does that count?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Oh how quaint having a ‘Televisual device’. I suppose not being able to have a grand piano in ones dwelling (due to it’s tiny size) one has to be able to entertain ones self somehow.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ooh ooh ooh! I forgot!

I have an Asian friend!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ooh ooh ooh! I forgot!

I have an Asian friend!

Is it the Sultan of Brunei?

slowoldman

Checked the cellar for a good Malbec this evening, and selected a 4K film for streaming in the home cinema. Ocado delivered at 8:00am. Fillet steak for dinner

Malbec with a fillet? I’d dig out one of my older Zinfandels.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Night time home security by status

Upper class gets the game keeper to patrol with the dogs and shotgun

Middle class sits in his conservatory with a rake and a flash light

Lower class falls sleeps with his playstation

bikebouy
    Free Member

mrsfry – Member
    Night time home security by status

Upper class gets the game keeper to patrol with the dogs and shotgun

Middle class sits in his conservatory with a rake and a flash light

Lower class falls sleeps with his playstation, in their M&S pants

FIFY

joolsburger
    Free Member

I own three labrador/poodle ish dogs. My wife is well alongside the businesses of horse ownership and maintenance. One of our cars is willfully old and knackered but mechanically very sound and dedicated to the exclusive transportation of dogs and bicycles. We have a desirable postcode (so I’m told). It has been less than one week since I last had an Amuse Bouche and I’m afraid I very much enjoyed it.

I’d still like to think I’m working class because I know deep down I am.

TheFopster
    Free Member

I love Waitrose.

Keeps the riff raff out of Booths.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Cheeky young pup 😆

dazh

Himalayan pink table salt.

And I have recently acquired a taste for craft sour ale. (Took a bit of effort this one!)

ahwiles
    Free Member

craft sour ale?

that’s not middle class, you’re trying to be a hipster.

nicko74

I’d dig out one of my older Zinfandels.

New World?

Uergh

dazh

that’s not middle class, you’re trying to be a hipster.

Have you ever seen a working class hipster?

Edukator
    Free Member

I have a 94cm computer screen (and bigger TV), have an mtb with a silver aluminium frame, shop in Lidl, have too few aspirations to consider going out to work, wear sandals all year round and don’t own a watch… underclass.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I spent two hours today on a conference call with our lead business strategist and management consultancy about our approach to preparing the agendas for our quarterly Strategy Team meeting but we didn’t get finished because the call degenerated into a discussion about the best place to breakfast in Berlin.

I often have no idea what I do for a living.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I have a 94cm computer screen (and bigger TV), have an mtb with a silver aluminium frame, shop in Lidl, have too few aspirations to consider going out to work, wear sandals all year round and don’t own a watch… underclass.

Get a job working in social work, social care or social housing and you’ll realise that you’re pretty far from the real underclass in this country.

aracer
    Free Member

You’ve saved enough money before normal retirement age that you don’t have to work – rather than spending as you earn on pointless bling. You have your own renewable power system. Horribly middle class.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

this country

I’m sure Edukator mentioned, maybe once or twice, ages ago…he doesn’t make a big deal of it…that he doesn’t live in this country.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘I'm more middle class than you are’ is closed to new replies.