Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 165 total)
  • I'm more middle class than you are
  • MoreCashThanDash

😯

Just your M&S knickers!

willard

Piemonster, going anywhere exciting? that is Terminal 5, right?

I would say that I am middle class, but only because I work in an office and have the delights of an hour in traffic to look forward to this morning.

I did just use freshly ground beans for my coffee just now though.

Shackleton

We have 9 types of paprika and none of them were the right one for last night’s dinner.

Although we live in Dundee so I assume I’m automatically hard from being middle class?

slackboy

I’m automatically hard from being middle class

Well if thats what floats your boat…

IHN

We live in Cirencester.
    All of our shopping comes from Waitrose.
    We both work in finance.
    Last night we had fish tagine with couscous for dinner.

I think that’ll do.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh I do have a selection of loose leaf tea for work and home…

scaredypants

Just your M&S knickers!

I think we all know mrsfry is more C&A

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Boasting about eating couscous and arguing which shops are more middle class is not very middle class…

If you’re proud of what you’ve achieved in life you’re probably working class. If you couldn’t care less you might be upper class. If you have a certain sense of self loathing and a nagging guilt about the all the advantages you had growing up that colours any successes you achieve in adult life, then you’re middle class.

pictonroad

I bought a house because of the catchment area.

PrinceJohn

I’m actually royalty. My username surely gives it away.

And I might be a tiny bit in love with mrsfry.

grum
    Free Member

People who think Booths is posh – you mean you don’t buy your food from local artisan producers on the market or from independent shops? Oh dear.

Let’s see: I live in Hebden Bridge, have a wood burner and a Gransfors Bruks axe, just got home from a biking trip to a charming little Andalusian hill town – on my way home I had to cross Manchester so stopped for a pint of hoppy craft pale ale at a bar in the Northern Quarter where I’m planning to hold an exhibition of my photography.

I met up with my wife on the train home then went to a restaurant where I ate home made bread with extra-virgin olive oil, hummus, olives and a balsamic reduction – followed by mixed game suet pudding along with a nice Tempranillo.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

I went to a dinner party last Saturday where they ran out of Cornichons. How we did laugh when Pippa and Jeremy (upper management at a well known bank) admitted to leaving them on the roof of the Landy at the local Waitrose.

An anecdote with endless mileage!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Tomato Sauce lives in the cupboard?…….. You’re working class.

Tomato Ketchup is stored in the fridge as per the instructions on the label?……You’re middle class

No idea where Cook keeps pickles and preserves?…. You’re upper class.

arrpee
    Free Member

I keep a bag in the freezer for the sole purpose of storing reserved parmesan rinds.

jekkyl

I use my mind not my hands to work, exploitated by the bourgeoisie as I’m paid less than I’m worth and I don’t own the means of production so I am middle class.

bikebouy
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    I use my mind not my hands to work, exploited by the bourgeoisie as I’m paid less than I’m worth and I don’t own the means of production so I am middle class

Wins thread.

Take note you lot, if you don’t understand it you clearly aren’t MC.

Cougar

That label is just so you know which way round to wear them, like “L&R” on shoes.

slowoldman

Just your M&S knickers!

Photos or it didn’t happen.

perchypanther
    Free Member

That label is just so you know which way round to wear them, like “L&R” on shoes.

*Looks at F&F label on underpants….scratches head

slowoldman

Front and Farts?

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

They own a sprocker and a pointer and they both do triathlons.

Gamekeepers’ dogs? They sleep in the boot room, I hope?

TiRed

Do you use the shower gel and shampoo in hotels? Then you are middle class. If you wouldn’t dream of it then you are upper class, and if you don’t stay in hotels you are working class.

There is “considerable” fail in the title of this thread.

ferrals
    Free Member

a certain sense of self loathing and a nagging guilt about the all the advantages you had growing up that colours any successes you achieve in adult life, then you’re middle class.

Welcome to my world.

Plus my parents have a holiday flat 😳

And I lived in it rent free for 6 years but try to hide the fact 😳 😳

And as for shopping, we get a delivery from sainsburies, but are sensible enough to pop to home bargains for the cleaning products etc., and then negate that by making time on the weekend to go to the local butchers for meat.

Do I win?

jambalaya
    Free Member

You are the 1% if you have assets/savings inc pension of £500k (Oxfam report) so the UK North is packed with the rich never mind middle class.

We are about to leave on a backpacking tour of Laos and Cambodia, you can’t get more middle class than that

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

ferrals – Member
    Do I win?

Absolutely not, in spite of all the supposed trappings of being middle class you clearly didn’t go to a grammar school. The middle classes would know how to use prepositions correctly.

paulx
    Free Member

I found three bottles of Champagne the other day in the back of one of our Mercedes, that I guess I had bought and forgotten about.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I found three bottles of Champagne the other day in the back of one of our Mercedes, that I guess I had bought and forgotten about.

If you forgot about buying the Champagne you might be middle class, if you forgot about buying the Mercedes you might be upper class.

ransos
    Free Member

A subtle joke is trampled…

ferrals
    Free Member

captainsasquatch – Member
    ferrals – Member
    Do I win?

Absolutely not, in spite of all the supposed trappings of being middle class you clearly didn’t go to a grammar school. The middle classes would know how to use prepositions correctly.
    POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Apologies old bean, clearly I should have said ‘have I won?’ I was simply trying to keep up with the cool kids

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Gamekeepers’ dogs? They sleep in the boot room, I hope?

Quite – none of this dogs upstairs nonsense. Cue, Edward Fox in The Shooting Pary re patting his favourite lab

“Don’t fawn on her, it insults her intelligence”

Not quite MC admittedly.

Some great humour above, pls keep it up. A golden thread emerging…

Raymond

Our nanny complained the seat heating in our Mini Cooper isn’t working. She drives an Audi A3…

thomthumb
    Free Member

I don’t eat in the cinema

ir_bandito
    Free Member

That label is just so you know which way round to wear them

PMSL
    I presume that’s an old joke, but I’ve never heard it. 🙂

fionap

Took the raw-fed sprocker for a run in the park this morning with his new running harness then got home to have toast (home-made bread) with peanut butter (100% nuts). Now sitting at my desk, at home, preparing to do some drawing and typing for other middle-class people.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I have three wood burners and i constantly whinge and whine about other folks petty misdemeanors.
    I do a good impression, but i’m working class through and through.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I drink coffee at work, but I bring my own in, in a Harrods tin, and make it in a stainless steel vacuum insulated french press.

The MG is awaiting on the last few suspension parts for the summer.

I’m wearing M&S trousers (not sure of pants).

Middle class fails:
    I drive an old ford petrol.
    My Shoes are Ted Baker (not some obscure northampton based shoemaker’s handmade brogues).
    My Jacket was from River Island, which I guess is Middle Class Yoof at least?
    I’m not wearing a watch.

grum
    Free Member

got home to have toast (home-made bread)

When you say home made bread, do you mean in a bread maker? It’s just that I have some bread downstairs that was handmade, using a pottery kiln shelf as a baking stone, consisting of 2/3rds organic spelt flour, which is coated in a variety of seeds including pumpkin and caraway. 🙂

13thfloormonk

We have 9 types of paprika and none of them were the right one for last night’s dinner.

I guess this disqualifies me from middle class club, I only have three types of Paprika and was delighted that the latest addition complimented my stew perfectly 8)

fionap

When you say home made bread, do you mean in a bread maker? It’s just that I have some bread downstairs that was handmade, using a pottery kiln shelf as a baking stone, consisting of 2/3rds organic spelt flour, which is coated in a variety of seeds including pumpkin and caraway

Yes, bread-maker. 😳 But it is a stainless steel Panasonic.

grum
    Free Member

Nice try…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘I'm more middle class than you are’ is closed to new replies.