Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • I’m going to a spin class on Thursday. Will I die?
  • MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Good stuff, was it just spinning to music or did you all have an HRM linked to a screen at the front which shows how hard you are working? Those are good as they are interval training sessions.

Beagleboy

It was spinning to really, really bad music, with the lady at the front demanding we do unnatural things, like standing up in the saddle! I assumed the bad music’s to make you angry so you go faster? Other than that, there were no big screens or anything, as it wasn’t a real spin class per se. I was keeping an eye on the guy in front’s cadence and resistance, because he was really quite athletic and I wanted to see how I would manage against him. Not great was the answer, but not embarrassingly bad either.

Other than that, the class was really just punctuated by the nurses coming around to check our bloods every 10 minutes or so. As I’ve been trying to say from the first post, it was a spin class on spin bikes with a spin class instructor, but it was part of a diabetes training course. I assumed that people would actually read the posts, rather than just the title. My bad.

mogrim

there were no big screens or anything, as it wasn’t a real spin class per se

Not all spin classes have big screens, they’re optional and a relatively recent innovation 🙂

fossy

Posh spin classes have screens I think !!

Well my garage must be extra posh, got 2 x 22″ wide screen monitors for Zwifting (£13.99 each off an office recycling place), plus ‘tunes’, and even a fan and a towel. Whoop.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not sure who’s doing spin classes wrong but I thought it was all about having a full face of make-up whilst having a natter with my bestie about the fit instructor.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Well my garage must be extra posh, got 2 x 22″ wide screen monitors for Zwifting

Interesting…. what do you put on the second screen?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I’m going to a spin class on Thursday. Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.