Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ignoring Cornwall – How busy is Norfolk?
  • sadmadalan

Since everyone and his dog are off to Cornwall, we thought we look at somewhere else to escape for a few days. We have the offer of a house a few miles south of the north Norfolk coast. So accommodation is not the problem, but how is everything else – e.g. how are the beaches – or should I wait until September. We do take our road bikes for some flat cycling!!

toby1

Went to Brancaster and then Wells last Friday Brancaster has a narrow entry point, so was crowded around there, walk 10 minutes up the beach and there was plenty of space to distance. Wells we didn’t venture to the beaxh, quay was reasonable. Roads were used, some areas busy but not mental. No idea about evenings and pub use as we were just around for the day and drove home at the end of the day.

BigM
    Free Member

Live in Norwich, was up in North Norfolk at the weekend, Friday evening in Sheringham was busy but not ridiculous, arrived about 6 and parked the car above the beach. Sunday afternoon headed to Wells/Holkham, ended up at Holkham beach as Wells was busy. A few parking spaces, beach was busy but if you walked for 10 minutes you had plenty of space. Didn’t bother heading into Wells for chips at the end of the day as we knew it’d be crowded.
    Hope this helps give you an idea of what it’s like.

grum
    Free Member

North Norfolk’s best music mix on the Blaupunkt?

sandboy

I’ve been working in Old Hunstanton all week and although there’s a few people about, it’s not too busy. I used the back roads to get home tonight as the main road had heavy traffic but it was moving. I’m guessing it will get busy at the weekend as is usual.

stumpy01

When we did the Peddars way a couple of weeks back, Hunstanton was absolutely rammed, but I am sure if you stay away from the obvious hotspots you should be OK. Norfolk is quite a bit place to explore.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Since everyone and his dog are off to Cornwall

Yep, forced my hand to not go home (Falmouth area) for my grans interment.
    Doesn’t look like we will be going home for a while yet, trying to convince my parents to evacuate to us for a couple of weeks.

Sandwich

From the point of view of booking holidays for others the North Suffolk Coast is busy to the end of the month with little weekend accommodation available. If you haven’t booked by now odd days here and there are available.

North Norfolk still has some availability but weekends are minimum 2 night stays.

This is for hotels that are mid to high price.

slackalice
    Free Member

Very busy. Keep away, nothing to see or do here and it’s not safe, riddled with Covid and cat aids.

A very large barrier has been installed just north of Thetford on the A11.

Have you considered Lincolnshire?

dc1988

They’re not Cornwall style beaches so there’s generally always room especially when the tide is out. As others say, it’s just the pinch points where it’s likely to be busy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ignoring Cornwall – How busy is Norfolk?’ is closed to new replies.