Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • IFB Edwin Waugh route – anything I need to know?
  • higgo
    Free Member

Anti-clockwise.
    All good riding at this time of year or hateful slog?
    Can I park in Baldingstone on the road near the M66 bridge?

higgo
    Free Member

Anyone?

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

terrahawk is up in scotland, but he might log in later.

Mr Sparkle may know.

I did part of that ride last night,from RMR up through cowpe, down to edenfield and back, but it was dark and foggy….

I can say, though, it was very very very muddy in places with quite a bit of pooled water.

Looking at the map, I suspect the only nasty bit will be the climb out of edenfield up to Cowpe.

higgo
    Free Member

Looking at the map, I suspect the only nasty bit will be the climb out of edenfield up to Cowpe.

I think I’ll be going down from Cowpe to Edenfield, not climbing.

The only other time I’ve ridden round that part of the world I came down Sand Beds and Gin Croft Lanes. If the ‘Waugh’ route into Edenfield’s a bit of a mess at this time of year, I could always do the same.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Ah, you’re right, ANTI-CLOCKWISE.. Then the only horrible bit is the climb up RMR.. It’s only horrible in the sense that it’s never ending..

higgo
    Free Member

I live for never-ending climbs.

(not strictly true but I don’t mind them if they lead to never-ending descents)

Peregrine
    Free Member

Rooley moors great (the hill not the man – never met the man so can’t say) it tricks you into thinking your near the top several times. Good climb all the same.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

i’m great! but not at climbing! :-p

It would have been good the other night if it wasn’t for the 4x4s going slowly downhill.. 🙁

higgo
    Free Member

Well I rode it yesterday.
    The Rooley Moor Road into a headwind is a special kind of treat but I enjoyed it (sort of).

I’m not sure I’d bother with the Waugh route itself again – it’s got some good bits but quite a bit of ‘lane’ type stuff. It’s an hours drive for me and there’s plenty of better route within an hour of me.

Enjoyed the bit from Cowpe down into Edenfield though as an alternative to Sand Beds Lane. Think I’ll use that next time I ride to Lee Quarry from Edenfield.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I live half a mile from RMR. So, it’s a bit of a no-brainer for me. But if you travel I can understand what you’re saying!

terrahawk
    Free Member

I don’t bother with it in winter. Last time I was there, large sections were pretty unrideable due to MX activity.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘IFB Edwin Waugh route – anything I need to know?’ is closed to new replies.