Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ibis budget hotels?
  • bob_summers

Any reason why not? Heading up to Bordeaux for a weekend & can get 3 nights in the budget for the same price as 2 in the normal one (they’re next door to each other). 2 adults & a 7mth old. Should be OK, shouldn’t it?

chipsngravy
    Free Member

IMHO they’re very good for what they are.

bob_summers

Just to sleep in, always have breakfast out anyway – can’t go wrong with a big chain can I? Have paid loads more to stay in big city pensions broom closets…

AlasdairMc

Nothing is included for the price, and they can sometimes be quite grim (see London City Airport). A bit like staying in a service station.

Personally I’d pay more for the Ibis as the breakfast buffet is great (in the UK at least)

Mackem

Let me know how it goes, we are planning on going to Bordeaux sometime. Off to Avila next weekend.

bob_summers

Alasdair – as bad as a Formula 1? Have stayed in those as a last resort, OK, clean etc but weird.

Mackem, will do. Can’t go wrong with the Ibis Meriadeck, 10m walk from the centre, but seems silly to pay 33% more than the Budget if you’re only sleeping there. Great city for a long weekend BTW.

AlasdairMc

Never been in a Formula 1, I think they’re France-only aren’t they?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The F1’s are pretty basic, Ibis seem good, especially when you get to have breakfast with Chris Boardman.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Depends on the age of the hotel imo.

Stayed in new f1s that have been good and old f1s that have been crap

Found the same with premiere classe and ibis budget and campanile. New ones basic but good old ones tired as hell

Trip advisors usualy a good guide to which of the 4 is best/newest in a certain town or city for me now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ibis budget hotels?’ is closed to new replies.