Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • what is your favourite peak district ride?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

I was just wondering, what loops are your favourites? And why?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Up Smalldale out of Bradwell and up over Dirtlow Rake then past Rowter Farm, left down the road and then right and up over Rushup Edge to Mam Nick round the back of Mam To to Hollins Cross, drop down to the Edale Road, up Jaggers Clough to Hope Cross, drop down the steep bridleway to Ladybower Res, follow the trail to the dam wall, drop down the RHS and cut right onto the old railway, hit the main road then left to Shatton through the ford and up the track to Brough Lane, drop into Brough, turn left and into Bradda, back up Smalldale and home.

Great on a sunny winter’s day midweek and youll have most of it to yourself.

Or several others come very close behind.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Too broad a question. Depends on the weather, the time of year and who I’m riding with. Love an arduous ride round the dark peak in winter with the guys or a blat around Chatsworth/Bakewell on a nice summer evening with the wife.

Garry_Lager

Cut Gate probably – v distinct trail for the Peak. If you’ve got the time for a longer ride then Cut Gate out and back with additional stuff round Ladybower is a quality ride. Full monty would be tacking on WLT, round and up to Hope brink, the beast, Hagg side then back down.

Not aware of any great descents down from that middle hill – can take or leave Lockerbrooke. Still a bit of a Peak noob though, so maybe they’re out there to be discovered.

bland

Mine are all only suitable for Wednesday afternoons unfortunately

banks
    Free Member

Gotta be Cut gate as a night ride – post ride pint of course.

crazy-legs

I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you. It involves a LOT of footpath riding and is strictly for midweek or crack of dawn and mostly only suitable in dry or frozen conditions.

richpips
    Free Member

Hayfield – Edale and back.

Cut gate – Meh.

Not done enough by far, even though I live a spit away, but has to be for me….

Hope
    Roman Rd (up)
    Beast (down)
    Rowlee FM climb (concrete rd)
    Lockerbrook (down)
    Fire Rd climb
    Hagg Farm (down)
    Horrible climb (not sure of name)
    Field descent with double drop-off at bottom back to Hope

iridebikes
    Free Member

Ok, so riding this Sunday with 2 mates who are very good dhers but haven’t really ridden anything like peaks l. So I want to show them the best I can.

BadlyWiredDog

Legal? Out over Middle Moor, Roych, Rushup, Hollins, Jaggers, Potato Alley, Lockerbrook, Fairholmes, Cut Gate, North America, Flouch, across to the disused railway line, Dunford Bridge then back along the line of the Longdendale Trail. Great either way, best done in high summer or when frozen solid.

Illegal? I could tell you but then Crazylegs would have to kill me… local trails for local people 😉

banks
    Free Member

There’s nothing really cheeky in the peaks now, it’s all on strava 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Everything recommended by @pook is by definition special !

BadlyWiredDog

There’s nothing really cheeky in the peaks now, it’s all on strava Ordnance Survey maps… 😉

\

Young people 😕

Pook

Jambalaya – too kind.

banks
    Free Member

@BWD 🙂 true, but using an OS map puts most people off, having it on strava makes it almost idiot proof…

chris23
    Free Member

Cavedale down

BadlyWiredDog

@BWD true, but using an OS map puts most people off, having it on strava makes it almost idiot proof…

Isn’t strava an Italian dessert?

iridebikes
    Free Member

Cheers, so you guys think bwd’s suggestion will be quieter? I was thinking about going over to jam tor coverage etc but I think it will be really busy?

Tracey

Cut gate and back via North America then into Wagon and Horses at Langsett for Pie Sunday

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘what is your favourite peak district ride?’ is closed to new replies.