Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I would like Blue Pig, 456, Bfe. Seen a Ns surge will I be disappointed?_
  • pguy78
    Free Member

I would really like a blue pig frame but can’t fine one or have been repeatedly out bid. Struggling to find a 16″ 456 and like the look of a Bfe but not sure I can justify the additional cost. I have seen a ns surge I dont know much about the but it looks a good alternative. Just worried I will get it and wish I had waited for one of the others. Need some advice, what’s your thoughts on the matter.

Rickos
    Free Member

I’ve a blue 16 inch 456 for sale. But to answer your question, the NS would be a whole lot of fun I reckon. Quite weighty but it looks like your not that bothered about weight judging by your list. About 6 pounds IIRC.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I found my 456 quite flexible when pedaling hard. Bars and BB felt strangely disconnected. Much prefer my BFe.

wors

I’ve an 18″ pig in the garage if any interest?

kudos100
    Free Member

The Ns surge is my favorite frame of all-time. I had one, sold it and instantly regretted it. I’ve now got another one in a larger size and will probably never sell it.

If you like messing about on bikes, skids, manuals, jumps and general tomfoolery you will love it.

pguy78
    Free Member

Wors and Rickos thank you for your offers. Would be interested in seeing pics of both. I am 5’8 and have a 31-32 inside leg. My hustler is a 17.5 so sit between two sizes. How’s do you find the 18″ pig do they size up small

BadlyWiredDog

How’s do you find the 18″ pig do they size up small

They size up long – you’s almost certainly need a 16″ Pig.

Edit: I’m 5 nine and a half and I’ve run a 16″ Pig, a 16″ Bop and 16″ Ragley Ti. I guess what I should say is that I suspect you’d fine an 18″ too big. It’s about reach rather than inside leg measurement and they are long in the top tube for the given size. Brilliant frames btw, though I’ve not ridden the latest versions. All mine were Mk1 Ragleys.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

I loved my pig only sold it as didn’t ride it often since buying a new FS
    I’m 6ft and rode an18″ but I have same inside leg as you so should be spot on
    Great geometry especially with a 150 fork

johnny

The Berminator.

NS Surge; not light but very silly- as Kudos says above, a fantastic bike for jumping, BMX tracks etc. Have stuck a pair of Hope/Flow wheels on now, with 2.35 Hans Dampfs on for general trail riding. its a short frame,(23″ toptube)making for more throwaboutability. Still trail rides nicely though.

johnny

agh! flickr rubbishness…

johnny

Rickos
    Free Member

pguy – photos of 456 sent.

Here you are johnny –

photo by woodwings75, on Flickr

whatnobeer
    Free Member

You would not be disappointed. Brilliantly fun frames.

Tim
    Free Member

Toying with flogging my Gritstone Small (frame)

~16″

Bit of an old pic – pretty good nick – few scratches and cable rub but nothing serious

IMAG0102 by Tim Cave, on Flickr

sv

From your list i’d pick the Surge first, brilliant frame.

pguy78
    Free Member

Tim, couldn’t send me some more details about your frame my email is in my profile, age, condition price.
    Thanks

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I would like Blue Pig, 456, Bfe. Seen a Ns surge will I be disappointed?_’ is closed to new replies.