Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • I questioned someone leaving a bagged dog poo in a hedge.
  • davidr

I’ve been given the “but I’m going to pick it up on the way back” story.

This is not actually true. They don’t.

When dog walkers say this, I think you’re quite within your rights to say that they’re lying

I do actually,if I’m on an out and back walk. Otherwise I’ll carry it with me.

Sandwich

I’ve been given the “but I’m going to pick it up on the way back” story.

I never cache the bag as I’m bound to forget or change my route and miss it on the way back. Carry and dump in a bin when one come available.

On a related topic anyone any ideas for a filled pooh bag carrier when riding? Swinging from the bars is fraught with dangers and I’m not a fan of in the pocket or camelback for the same reasons.

moose
    Free Member

Sandwich
    On a related topic anyone any ideas for a filled pooh bag carrier when riding? Swinging from the bars is fraught with dangers and I’m not a fan of in the pocket or camelback for the same reasons.

Climbing Chalk-bag?
    Military Magazine Dump Pouch?
    Small Dry/Immersion Bag?

Combined with scented nappy bags either of those options stops smell and contains them rather well.

slowoldman

Well I don’t even leave banana skins or orange peel (which I know marks me out as weird) so why some folk think it’s fine to leave their dog’s poo (bagged or not) lying around, amazes me. Utterly antisocial.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Labour voters

Hardly any at all then?

GrahamS

Surely the most suitable punishment for offenders is a day’s Community Service cleaning up dog mess and picking the bags off trees?

jimjam
    Free Member

GrahamS

Surely the most suitable punishment for offenders is a day’s Community Service cleaning up dog mess and picking the bags off trees?

Hard to pick up dog shit with broken fingers though.

wilburt
    Free Member

So you dont flick it in areas likely to have children or soldiers, pretty simple.

harrytoo
    Free Member

We have a problem in the village, all over the pavements in the morning, no attempt to pick it up despite there being adequate dog bins, plenty of signage up stating £1000 fixed penalty for fouling… seems to be getting worse.

Just pure laziness and contempt for others.

I would be very interested in seeing how many fines were actually levied against dog owners, I might volunteer to do it on a commission basis, 50% of all fines to me, rest back to the council. Would retire in a year….

Sandwich

Cheers Moose, I’ll have a look at those ideas.

I might volunteer to do it on a commission basis, 50% of all fines to me, rest back to the council. Would retire in a year….

Or be in hospital/dead having annoyed one too many status dog owners.

scuzz
    Free Member

Overpopulation, innit

funkmasterp

There is no excuse for not picking up and depositing in a bin. We have a Newfoundland that basically shits mountains and I carry those with me until I find a bin or return home.

People that are caught should have their dogs confiscated or be forced to carry the poo in their hands or pocket without a bag.

crankboy
    Free Member

Double post

crankboy
    Free Member

Wilbert if you take your dog there someone can take their child there. Pick up and bin your dogs shit if you are not willing to take responsibility for disposing of your dogs shit get rid of your dog.

vickypea
    Free Member

Put a few bins in areas were its a problem.
    Educate people on when its ok to flick.
    That would get rid of the problem and you can find something else to moan about.

1. But some people don’t use the bins even when provided- see my earlier comment about Macclesfield forest.
    2. Given that it’s quite obviously disgusting and not ok to leave dog muck (whether bagged or unbagged) in most of the places that it is left in, I don’t see how education on when to flick will make a blind bit of difference.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ban dogs from public spaces.

wilburt
    Free Member

There are several places I go with my dogs that I thankfully havent seen any children ( or many adults) in 20 years.
    The likelyhood of someone stumbling across a dog egg not only in one of those places but in one of those places and in the undergrowth where no human would venture and in the two days between it being placed there and the bugs eating it are non existant.

Ridiculous comments are part if this poo bag in tree problem.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m a liberal, I favour the sniper-in-the-bushes approach.
    Every now and then the peace of the great outdoors would be pierced by an echoing K’kowwwww! of a rifle shot making the world a better place.
    As for the dog, we’ll happily take in a terrier or two.

You stand for election, you have my vote!

theotherjonv

but we’re not talking about you are we wilburt.

We’re talking about the people who are either too thick to realise, or to arrogant to give a toss about clearing up after their dogs.

Expecting them to be able to make a decision on whether bag and binning or stick and flicking is too far for them to comprehend, or gives them the excuse.

And 2 days – yeah right. Typically several weeks, up to a year depending on your dog’s diet and prevailing weather conditions, but any eggs from parasites, etc. that your dog has will then be spread into the soil. Nice.

wiggles
    Free Member

As a dog owner i don’t get this at all, picking it up is the gross/hard bit carrying a (sealed) bag isn’t that bad.

I understand (but condemn) not picking shit up because it is just laziness but why bother doing half the job?

blazingtrails
    Free Member

Off the beaten track the best thing to do is bury it, no mess and biodegrades in weeks. On a footpath/ in a park, bag it and bin it

slowoldman

Well I’m waiting to see what’s in the party manifestos.

antigee

slowoldman – Member
    Well I’m waiting to see what’s in the party manifestos.

don’t worry too much it will all get flicked to one side after the event

timber

One of our sites has seen quite a dog poo reduction since we started charging for the car park there. So could assume they are tight, lazy, dirty btards that leave the poo everywhere.

We’ve been coppicing and thinning that wood recently too, so it could be the 100yard stare and revving chainsaw.

Spin
    Free Member

Seems the forestry commission are fed up with the bags too

These have started appearing up our way:

moose
    Free Member

I’ve rolled/leapt into a fair few dog eggs on Salisbury Plain over the years. And I know I’m not alone in this. At least it’s always to the amusement of my muckers… 😆

superfli
    Free Member

This sort of thing needs a kickstarter

Poo incinerator
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICweaJKmIf4[/video]

Inbred456
    Free Member

What our local parish council does now is spray every bit of dog shit including the crap left in bags fluorescent purple. It really highlights literally the amount of poo left. I must pick up 2 or 3 bags a week left by people that haven’t bothered to pick it up or come back for it on there walks. What they do in Wales is to use a stick to flick it off the paths. I prefer bagging and binning.

DavidB
    Free Member

Why does everyone have to own a dog now? I definitely feel in the minority not being a dogist. They are everywhere I go. Under the tables in every pub. Poking out of every car window and blocking every cycle path with their stretchy out leads.

My solution that I often dream of is for a genie to grant me 3 wishes. The first would be to deliver all litter and dogshite to the livingroom floor of the depositor/dog owner.

deviant
    Free Member

Don’t get the anti dog sentiment in threads like this, it’s not their fault or something they have a choice about, it’s the owners and mostly a problem of overpopulation.
    Used to live in the South East and saw this problem everywhere, have been in Wales since 2015 and can’t remember the last dog egg I saw.
    I still don’t get the infatuation with London and the surrounding counties, I couldn’t wait to get out of the dirty, overcrowded, expensive dump. There is enough of the UK that if people bothered to use their imagination (and put greed to the side) then a lot more people would move away from the South and enjoy more fresh air, countryside, cheaper housing etc….trouble is people don’t want to walk away from their ‘London’ salary, despite the bulk of said salary being taken up with massive mortgage payments just to stay in the same overcrowded, busy, noisy dump as several other million idiots with the same mindset.

theotherjonv

I have elderly parents who live in the south east that I need to be near. My kids are also in a school they are settled in and I dont want to move them.

It’s a conscious decision to stay here currently, despite the downsides of traffic and dogshite, not idiocy, but thanks for the label.

vickypea
    Free Member

Deviant- I’m not sure I get your point about London and the surrounding counties. I live in a village near the Peak District and the dog muck problem is bad!

mt
    Free Member

“Under the tables in every pub.” Sounds great.

anagallis_arvensis

Seems to have been a massive increase in shit left behind in my usual dog walking area. I think the sun brings out people who usually dont walk their dogs or something…feckless ****.

core

We have a dog (Lab) but live on a farm, he craps wherever he wants within reason, verge, field, hedge etc.

I refuse to take him anywhere built up or where you’re obliged to pick it up, I didn’t come this far in life to start picking up another animals turd.

What I don’t get is people pick it up, bag it, then leave it – they’ve done the worst bit?!

newrobdob
    Free Member

Why does everyone have to own a dog now?

+1

I just don’t get it. I grew up in a family with a dog which I loved but I still don’t want one. Why on earth would you want to own something that costs a load of money and you have to pick up its still warm faeces? I know some people really like dogs and thats cool but I reckon some just get one because it’s trendy or something.

NZCol

^ I have a colleague, about to be ex actually, who has 4 kids and a full on job. She looks permanently about to burst into tears. She got a dog a few weeks back to keep the kids quiet about asking for one and has now taken to driving home twice a day to check it, losing about 3hrs of useful work time. This was last straw and she has decided to leave to look after the dog !!! W T actual F.

gobuchul
    Free Member

She looks permanently about to burst into tears.

I doubt the dog was the real reason she didn’t want to go to work.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

mt – Member

“Under the tables in every pub.” Sounds great.

It really isn’t, took family for lunch in a nice pub at Loweswater, one mutt coiled out a turd at my 8 year old sons feet while we were eating. Great.

natrix
    Free Member

“but I’m going to pick it up on the way back” story.

Better than the “the bag is biodegradable” response I got once!!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘I questioned someone leaving a bagged dog poo in a hedge.’ is closed to new replies.