Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I never should have laughed at Picolax!
  • Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Having read the resurected thread on the new forum and laughed…a lot I have had some revenge extracted on my by some higher power.

I have, for the last 3 days been unable to stray more than 10m away from the privvy. I know every knothole on the back of the door and have run out of suitable reading material (Stephen Fry’s Paperweight made me laugh too much and exaserbated things!) Lethregy leaves me unable to do any thing constructive and daytime TV is less preferable to watching the walls!

Food passes straight through, as does most liquids I have tried, I am now cutting out the middle-man and saving wear and tear on my ring by directly donating all food and drink to Severn Trent via the Armatige Shanks express.

Dr recons I have another 3-4days of this although with no fat reserves to draw on I’m not sure I’ll make it! Best guess is that I rode through some poo on Sunday and picked it up from my gloves / water bottle / gob open on downhill section…Yuck!

SSP

Brought to you by the wonders of my laptop and wireless LAN 🙂

wwaswas

stop eating and just drink rehydration solution for a day or two will get rid of it quicker. starve the little blighters out.

hope you’re washign your hands before typing, or have the keyboard wrapped in clingfilm…

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I have plenty of rehydration salts and sterile hand wash left over from my trip to India where I had no Delhi Belly at all!

Typical 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

Brought to you by the wonders of my laptop and wireless LAN

A ghastly, ghastly, image…

matthewjb
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pics!

Actually on second thoughts…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Got to admit its not likely you got it from the water bottle, its a much much higher probability that you picked it up at home! However, having suffered from the same a few months ago and I was close to callign an ambulance at one point, I can only suggest that you drink water, eat nothing wait for it to pass!

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

its a much much higher probability that you picked it up at home!

The Mrs is fine…perhaps she is trying to bump me off?

Back in the front room now, and no, no pictures!

SSP

IHN

with no fat reserves to draw on I’m not sure I’ll make it!

You see, my occasional large doner kebabs are purely medicinal.

Get well soon fella.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Mmmm kebabs…..Yak! <turns green>

Damn, even off kebabs? Not worth going on!

Thanks IHN, I guess my fitness will be back to square 1…so not that much of a change!

SSP

coffeeking
    Free Member

The Mrs is fine…perhaps she is trying to bump me off?

Not wishing to start rumours or be unpleasant, but it doesnt have to be (and more often than not isnt) food/cooking at the source, general hand washing etc, contact with the loo, kitchen cloths not washed properly etc – its remarkably easy to do apparently. I’ve never been a huge believer in washing/bleaching everything and worrying about germs, but I have to admit I’ve stepped up my house-cleaning duties more since I had it!

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Coffeeking,

Well we have eaten the same food since Friday and live in the same house. Only thing we don’t share are toothbrushes and combs. I have had “24hr dodgy stomach” before although rarely as I seem to be pretty immune to most stuff (2 weeks in rural India eating local food with no problems while others turned themselves inside-out)

It could be a one off home-contamination event but its the first in 32years so statiscally unlikely considering there have been no changes in routine.

I guess we might never know…

SSP

IHN

Only thing we don’t share are toothbrushes

So you have to ask yourself, what’s she been doing with yours? Did you forget Valentine’s Day? 😉

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I managed to put my GF in hospital with severe food poisoning for a week, apparently by not cooking dinner thoroughly enough one evening – whereas I was fine & dandy.
    Was not popular for quite a while after that incident….

molgrips
    Free Member

I had an unpleasant bout a couple of years ago, they asked for a sample (pretty disgusting thing to have to hand over at reception, mind) and it turned out to be campylobacter, probably from raw chicken. It only takes a tiny spec of material to make you ill as hell apparently.

I am super careful around chicken now. On the plus side tho I lost a couple of kgs.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you sound like you could do with a good poo.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Chicken is not an issue as we are both veggies 🙂

Valentines was remembered, she got a very nice down sleeping bag!

Ooops, time to go…again!

SSP

StirlingCrispin

Campylobacter?

If it’s been confirmed expect a visit from the health visitor. Make sure you get rehydration solution in. I was off work for three weeks and weak for months afterwards having lost a significant proportion of my body weight. Not fun!

And you don’t have to eat chicken – you can get it from food that’s just been in contact.

project
    Free Member

Bannanas, stop the runs, but eat them dont insert them.

Strange but true.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you have the squits stop eating! You have to starve the buggers out, That means No food for 24 hrs then slowly reintroduce food starting with plain carbs – avoid dairy and fat until totally better.

Keep eating anf the squits will keep happening

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I never should have laughed at Picolax!’ is closed to new replies.