Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)
  • I need another group ride !
  • knottie8
    Free Member

Mmmmm Horner tea gardens , yum .

sharki
    Free Member

‘stids

knottie8
    Free Member

hows the bone , Sharki ?

sharki
    Free Member

bumpy and boingy to touch….. 🙁

How’s the Butt?

This is open for all!

not the butt the question.. 😆

knottie8
    Free Member

has it stuck together then ?

cinnamon_girl

Evening all. Where am I going, what time and who with?

sharki
    Free Member

dunno.
    A bit is my guess

Anna-B
    Free Member

Knottie, you request a group ride and look, it all unfolds before your very eyes! How do you do that?

cinnamon_girl

If it helps, I’m particularly interested in Westbury White Horse and also Exmoor. Ideally not the BH weekend for Exmoor though as would like to make a weekend of it.

So … over to you guys …

Andy

*wakes up*

Did someone mention mountain biking…this weekend…..is that an excuse to leave my familly commitment early? 😆

cinnamon_girl

Priorities Andy!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

The surf is looking sick as for Saturday and Sunday, so I shall be going nowhere near a bike. Might head up Exmoor on Monday though.

If anyone could commit to a whole BH weekend in the future, I’ve been pondering on doing a QED weekender (Quantocks, Exmoor, Dartmoor).

sharki
    Free Member

There will be a QED bivvi ride planned in the future….watch this place…well not this fred but somewhere near.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Cinnamon-girl – up for a Westbury White horse ride on Monday, know the area well.

old-fart, also up for your route on the Monday (hardly know the area, so could be a good intro?)

(obviously i couldn’t do both on the same day)

trailmonkey

I’ve been pondering on doing a QED weekender (Quantocks, Exmoor, Dartmoor).

Funnily, we’ve been advertising these very rides for the last 2 years at Bike-Dartmoor and the response has been massively underwhelming 🙁

Gilles

I’m going to ride the Westbury White horse on BH Monday (except if downpour rain). There is a great cheeky singletrack at the top of the White horse, and if it’s BH it will be busy with walkers. So an early start will be good, like 9am, at the White Horse car park near Westbury. Maybe too early, and I’m happy to move a bit, but we risk to annoy the tourists. Expect some climbs, but mainly on tarmac to keep the pace smooth. If you are after a post ride pub, unfortunately no idea of good place in this area (maybe Bratton?).

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Giles – i’m up for a Westbury White Horse ride Monday, and could do a 9am start. I know the cheeky singletrack ;o) have a route in mind that would take in Erlestoke, and surrounds

Gilles

Great! Looks good!

RichPenny
    Free Member

OK, Westbury is looking promising. That’s a similar distance for most on this thread, no? Never ridden there before, but like the idea of cheeky singletrack and know a bit of the Erlestoke stuff.

cinnamon_girl

Wow – we have a group ride on Monday 😀

Just looking at the map and there are two car parks, one on the B3098 and one by the actual White Horse so assume it’s the latter?

Oh, and are you sure about 9.00 am start? Am partying Sunday night 😉

captain_bastard
    Free Member

car park by the White Horse sounds like a plan. I have been up insainly early all week so would welcome a lie in! 10:00am sounds more civalised?

cinnamon_girl

Will go with the flow. Am trying to persuade WCA to join us and then he can tell you all about the BigBikeBash 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

Happy to guide a FOD ride at somepoint can and have shown up to 30 people round before! Can also organise a fastish/slowish split girls/boys or whatever is needed. Just drop me a mail if you want to sort out a date.

Would love to see a ride guided by Mboy, Swede etc but 3 laps of the carpark wouldn’t be enough for most people 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Mark is fitter than most of us sheldon 😯

Gilles

I was planning actually the other car park, as we can then finished the ride by a descent back to the cars. But I’m easy and by starting from the top, we can do the footpath by the white horse first, and avoid the crowd, so not a bad idea. Length is flexible, thinking of 40k, going back near the car park half-way if people want to bail out. Okay for 10:00am.

sheldona
    Free Member

Mark is fitter than most of us sheldon

I was refering to their knowledge of the forest but you do have a good point on the fitness too!! LOL

Anna-B
    Free Member

Gilles, that sounds sweet and dandy. I really rather think I’ll be there, thank you 8)

oldfart

Hello everybody !!! Sorry Monday is a no no for me .Enjoy yourselves have a great time and i send sunny weather wishes your way .Let me know if and when you want the Old Fart led Exmoor safari!

Anna-B
    Free Member

.Let me know if and when you want the Old Fart led Exmoor safari!

We do Old fart, we do. Soz you can’t make it Monday, have fun wotteva u doing.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Old Fart – keep me in mind for an Exmoor safari – I don’t know any of the riding around there – but do know some nice campsites…

Everyone – definetly on for the Westbury White Horse ride on Monday. I’ll be there for 10am

cinnamon_girl

I find it rather amusing that there is a recreational White Horse Trail (visiting all the white horses in Wiltshire and Oxfordshire) but a lot of it is footpath only 🙄

I now have a little challenge for the year me thinks 😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

Captain nice guy, which carpark?

Gilles

I believe that one right at the top, ST 899 513.

saladdodger
    Free Member

OF count me in

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

May make an appearance at this as i haven’t been there before (chicken poxy daughter dependent).
    Will try and rustle up a couple more if i can.
    You haven’t got that pig flu there have you, i’ve heard its rife! Or was that the news getting carried away again?

aleigh
    Free Member

Let me know if and when you want the Old Fart led Exmoor safari!

I’m up for that! If the date clashes with when I have the kids I’ll see if my mum can help me out 8)

rOcKeTdOg

can’t do monday i’m commited to the Gracelands, Stately Home and Worcs canal (with half way cake shop) ride

captain_bastard
    Free Member

captain nice guy! LOL

in common with lots of people (I suspect) the reality is no where near as exciting as the forum identity :o)

don’t tell anyone – but we could take in bits of the set2rise course being advertised over there –>

RichPenny
    Free Member

Ok, set to arrive at the car park at about 9.30, shouting are you captain bastard at random people 🙂

Assume we are all bringing food? Might have to bring out the wok 😉

cinnamon_girl

So … who’s in?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘I need another group ride !’ is closed to new replies.