Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)
  • I need another group ride !
  • aleigh
    Free Member

You’re welcome! I’ve met some fab people on here, I really have.

sharki
    Free Member

Oldfart no, i’m not riding orf road untill i’m sure i’m fit enough to break myself again.

aleigh, you need proping to stop you hurting you bum on impact.

SD nearly got you some fresh venison the other day….but it ran away.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Bugger bugger bugger need a bit of bambi

aleigh
    Free Member

aleigh, you need proping to stop you hurting your bum on impact.

impact from what? 😉 and you can ride with me sharki when you get back on the bike as i’m a gentle rider and slow-ish 😀

sharki
    Free Member

Impact from anything, i lady should be impaled there,nore should a bloke come to think of it….
    thanks for the offer of a ride, kin we av some hills? i like hills 🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

a lady should or shouldn’t be impaled there? 😯

i’m starting to like hills myself so yeah why not!

sharki
    Free Member

Just saw my typo’s lol…. ‘i lady should be impaled…’

aleigh
    Free Member

ummmmmmmmmm 😉

psling
    Free Member

Mmmm. Just finished eating some FoD venison coincidentally (thanks to all those that responded to my ‘venison recipes’ thread).

Have had groups of up to 28 out in FoD ‘back-in-the-day’ without losing anyone but the front riders have to be patient else they’ll be out in the woods alone 😯

aleigh
    Free Member

Having a fast and slow group is nice but at the same time riding together as a collective is much better imo

lowey
    aleigh
    Free Member

I would love to but I am busy that weekend

captain_bastard
    Free Member

up for a wiltshire / somerset ride. wanted to do the quantox and purbeck rides – but couldn’t get a childminder

also up for mid-week, post work Mendips or Westbury / Salisbury Plain rides if anyone’s interested?

oldfart

Miss Banana think i scared you again!Hope my reply didn’t sound pervy , not intentional honest!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but at the same time riding together as a collective is much better imo

coz then you can eye up all the fit totty instead of being stuck with the Mr. Blobbys :o)

Anna-B
    Free Member

Mr OldFart I took your reply in the spirit it was intended, and was thoroughly complemented. Thank you.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Mr simonfbarnes, I’d be much happier if you stopped making comments like that.

Many thanks.

aleigh
    Free Member

coz then you can eye up all the fit totty instead of being stuck with the Mr. Blobbys :o)

that’s not true!

rOcKeTdOg

Mr K the FOD is superb I did a ride there with a guy off this forum called Pete (who rides a s/s Moots Ti) it was briliant Rocketdog did a superb job of riding at the rear

that was a while (and many bikes) ago, Psling (i think you’ll find his SS was a Dean) is a great leader, both were winter rides though, it would be nice to do the ride without ice! and at the back is my usual position 🙂

P.S. i didn’t get any shortbread/cake 😥

i’d be happy to lead around my neck of the woods but…
    A) no one rides a slow as me
    B) even at my speed we’d struggle to do 2 hours without covering the same trails over and over
    🙁

knottie8
    Free Member

“Having a fast and slow group is nice but at the same time riding together as a collective is much better imo”

here here , I go in the knitting group cos I like the steady pace and photo stops, oh and walking up hills with Aleigh. I could ride much faster and ride up hills but im happy at the back chatting away. So any dates, venues thats suit everyone ?

sharki
    Free Member

TBC.

And knottie, might have a new frame soon 😉

oldfart

So any opinions on my route/venue ?

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m up for anything! Just a question of timing.

oldfart

What’s Sunday like for other folk ?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Anywhere within a couple of hours of Poole, i could probably make. Not this week though, little’uns got chicken pox.

sharki
    Free Member

Sunday for me is just like a monday, tuesday, weds, thurs , fri or sat..it’s just spelt differently.

oldfart

Doh ! Sorry didn’t mean this Sunday just Sunday in general.I’m going to hit the hay been a long day .Check back tomorrow leave it to all you night owls for now .

aleigh
    Free Member

I can do Sunday 17th May if that’s any good?

oldfart

probably OK with me oops sorry ‘night all .

aleigh
    Free Member

lol – night Mr Fart

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, I think a group hug is needed 🙂

So … what’s going down? My diary is at the ready …

rOcKeTdOg

someone needs to push the boat out CG

cinnamon_girl

Well, rOcKeTdOg, I did notice that on the return transatlantic crossing everyone bu**ered off to the upper deck. Who mentioned that it was going to be a rough crossing?

I wasn’t sick over anyone, I behaved impeccably as usual 8) … until later in the day 😉

rOcKeTdOg

it was choppier the next day

Anna-B
    Free Member

LOL at RocKEtDoG’s puking face.
    Mr OF, Sundays are not so convenient for me, but having said that, I may still be able to come along. I can’t do that 16/17 May w/e, but finding a date for everyone is impossible anyway.

Philby

Oldfart’s suggested route round Exmoor sounds a winner!

captain_bastard
    Free Member

how about bank holiday Monday? My 8 year old daughter has taken pity on me and organised a day with her Gran!

i’m in Frome – somewhere within an hour / hour and a half would be good. So Quantox (have never managed to get there!) – Mendips – Salisbury Plain – Bristle – Exmoor – Purbeck

anyone?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’ll happily lead a ride around the New Forest/Lordswood but WCA has done it and moved on to Bigger Things.

Anna if you just brought digestives on a ride I am sure they would be the best digestives; possibly even from Waitrose!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Monday is good for me I think. Oldfart, could you do that route on monday? sounds really good……..

Anna-B
    Free Member

oooh, things are hotting up!

my diary is full on monday though… 🙁

…with the words bike ride! 🙂 NF and oldfarts route all sound good.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘I need another group ride !’ is closed to new replies.