Home Forums Chat Forum I need a good Sledding

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I need a good Sledding
  • kitchener
    Free Member

Right – who makes a good proper ‘Sled for life’?

Me and my kids have smashed 7 or 8 plastic sleds over the years, which then went straight into the recycling or nearby bin.  Not buying those. Thought i’d won with an old-school toboggan (metal tubing and wooden planks) but my arse went through that too. Unrepairable with the rust that appeared underneath.

Suggestions so I can get something worthwhile for the next proper snowfall, anyone?

the00
    Free Member

https://www.bergzeit.ch/p/gasser-sportrodel-2-sitzer/5000599/

A proper sports Rodel is ace on compacted snow, like a proper piste. Crucially different to a classic Davos sledge, it has a fabric seat for more comfort and flexible joints to allow for steering.

timba
    Free Member

Sledding? IKEA sofa, innit?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve still got a sledge that my dad built >55 years ago!
    It’s got semicircular metal runners that are about 15mm wide and I think he used to wax them.
    It’s not as good as a plastic sedge on thin snow though and I’m thinking about upgrading it by attaching saw off skis or XC skis under the runners.
    I’m not quite sure why though as all my girls are >20 years old now but maybe I can one day be the mad grandad with the weird sledge.

That Rodel looks fab. ❄️☃️❄️

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sledding? IKEA sofa, innit?

Could be true, best sledding I ever had was on a cushion from a cheap shit sofa. The fake leather was fast over the snow whilst the combustible foam padding provided a luxurious ride. Steering was awful but maybe they have improved over the past forty years?

schmiken

Wooden sledge with cut down skis attached as runners. Insanely quick and bugger all steering. Mad Grampa points galore.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.