Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I love getting out (feeling good content)
  • montylikesbeer

We all love a hot debate on here about which niche is the niche’est, which tyre pressure is appropriate for FOD etc.

Long may it continue.

However and here it comes, how special is it when your out, your legs kind of work without screaming at you, your lungs are still in your chest and it just clicks, everything thing feels right.

I have reflected on here a couple of times about my recent health issues and my recovery path.

Then my vext choice of gravel or not, then should I go oval or not.

The sageful advise was just get out and ride and that last hill home and if you have a 11-50 or 11-52 on the back won’t matter.

Well how true that advise was, my riding after getting out 2 to 3 times a week has led me to the point of….. right Mark whilst you may be at the back of most group rides you can climb up through Weir not in bottom gear and you can tackle a tech climb without bursting your lungs out.

I have not felt so positive for a very long time.

There is no complex end to this other than, get out and ride and get into that place where confidence builds and who can experience what and incredible place our bikes can take us.

Happy Trails from me to you.

beltaine
    Free Member

Here, here !

tthew

Well that was a happy post to read as I wake up. Good job Mr Beer. 👍

matt_outandabout

Where is that like button again?

fadda

Damned fine post, that man – and one we can all agree on, I think! 👍

MoreCashThanDash

Excellent post.

Too easy to get bogged down in details and then you find you can’t ride through the wood for the trees.

Yeah, that sounded better in my head….🤷‍♂️

Tom-B
    Free Member

Nice one buddy, enjoy seeing your pics and posts. I’m the same, returned to the sport after over 5 years away and absolutely loving it. Sat ready to commute 10 miles each way today now! Had an epic ride around the White Peak after work on Tuesday (now only 20 mins from my door)

reluctantjumper

A perfect post to read on a Thursday morning, sums up exactly how I feel at the moment. Grab bike, go. No fussing over tyre choice or spec changes. It’s all about living in the moment.

PJay
    Free Member

Well said.

I’ve recently started doing a few small rides (mostly on the flat) and thoroughly enjoying it.

I’m hoping to build up a bit of fitness, but after 3 heart attacks and 4 hospital admissions in 18 months I’ve been here before (fingers crossed though) and my fitness has dropped away to nothing (plus a chunk of my heart is dead now too ☹ ).

I can begin to describe how great it’s felt; loving the weather too!

“Happy trails” back at you 👍

Alex

Yep, feeling the same way. Dusty trails followed by cold beer. Wednesday night rides are back! Think the last time we finished in the pub was late September last year.

Wednesday night rides are back....

Lush!

Pub!

Spent AGES spec’ing out ^^ that bike. Far too much time. Now just get on and ride it. Okay I did buy some new wheels yesterday 🙂

zippykona

I have a gammy knee and each time it kicks off I get to wondering if I’ll ever ride properly again.
    So this week ,to just be able to ride a bike gently in the sun has just been bloody amazing.

nickc

Having moved to Manchester from Calderdale I was genuinely worried that the pretty flat riding round here would see me fall out of love for riding…Last night I got back after 30 miles just exploring on a bike and realising that all I need is just that wee ribbon of green and dirt to shrug off the day.

Love that photo though Monty. (I still miss the riding I had on my doorstep)

pondo

Not feeling it for cycling at the mo (although the sunshine makes it much more appealing!), but been back in the office this week and been getting off the bus many stops rarly both ways. I’ve walked seventeen miles, caught loads of sun and listened to hours of podcasts, I feel a million miles better- WFH today and set up in the garden to enjoy the sun. I guarantee I wouldn’t have done that if I’d been WFH all week…

jamiemcf

Taken the other week but currently this is my group ride. Tons of fun, lots of stops to poke stones and puddles, no beer stops though
    2021-04-22_12-54-06

hardtailonly

Absolutely agree. I’m fortunate in having the health and flexibility in terms of work/family, to get out 4 or 5 times a week. Sometimes it’s 2-3 hours. Sometimes, like yesterday, it’s just 20 minutes, through the woods, to the garage to collect the car from being serviced.

Riding is just bloody brilliant, and a great ‘re-set’.

savoyad

Great post @montylikesbeer. All true.
    Where was the photo taken?

montylikesbeer

Thanks folks for the feedback. The picture was taken in Rossendale on a sweet section of singletrack between Cromptons Cross and Goodshaw (close to Crawshawbooth)

The trail isn’t rideable unless it’s dry.

The picture below is just before the OP looking back towards Cromptons Cross and Crown Point beyond.

Gravel bikes are useless by the way (sic)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I love getting out (feeling good content)’ is closed to new replies.