Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I keep stubbing my big toe. Has my body forgotten its geometry?
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

No joke, I keep catching the same toe, barefoot or in trainers on steps stairs etc. It feels like my brain has totally forgotten where my toe ends? Will I die?

Yak

Same here, except it’s my head. Concussed myself a while back and then kept whacking my head on things every week after. Keep thinking, must not whack my head….then thunk..again. Going to have to put some downhill style padding up at home or my head’s not going to stop hurting.  I’ll happily trade a stubbed toe for a permaheadache.

brakes
    Free Member

gout

stevextc
    Free Member

I find whatever gets hurt I tend to then keep banging it…

I’m not sure it’s not just that when it’s already sore and a knock hits it I don’t just notice and remember more..

outofbreath
    Free Member

I find whatever gets hurt I tend to then keep banging it…

Probably this, but when I kept bashing the toe on my right foot on the ground it was ‘drop foot’ caused by a disk in my spine crushing my spinal cord. It was years and more significant symptoms before I went to the doc and got it diagnosed. (After 4 visits, FFS.)

The OP could check his reflexes, see if they’re normal (your looking for “hyper-reflexes”). Also look for clonus.

“Drop foot” is also an early sign of MND.

Probably nothing, but worth checking AFAIC.

Jakester
    Free Member

I kept doing this.

Then I started wearing slippers and it stopped.

You may conclude that constant toe pain is preferable, mind…

5plusn8
    Free Member

outofbreath… oh god more to worry about.. GP appmnt made.

beej

Proprioception is your body’s awareness of where bits are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprioception

A friend of mine had his femur realigned and he spent a few weeks re-learning where his leg was.

shooterman

Get that checked OP.

I developed a foot drop after abdominal surgery a few years ago. The one time I saw my normally complacent GP get exercised about anything.

Mine started with catching my toe. Turned out to be a back problem affecting dorsal flexion in my right foot.

kayak23

A friend of mine had his femur realigned and he spent a few weeks re-learning where his leg was

Where did it end up?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I have a condition whereby my foot doesn’t lift up at the front as much as it should when I walk the end result of which is that when I wear certain shoes I constantly catch my toes on imperfections in the footpath etc (oh and the edge of rugs at home as well) – it’s a real pain working in Chesterfield.

BillMC

I used to work with a very large and in your face maths teacher (aka ‘big five’) whose mental body geometry was very different from the reality. Consequently she would often bump into people. Good Gob it used to give me the shudders.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Maybe you should go to a Specialized dealer

5plusn8
    Free Member

Anyway on Friday -we are having an extension built-the builders admitted they have been having the same issue, and we have discovered  that they have built one of the steps with the tread an inch or so longer than it should be. We all stubbed our toe in the same place!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I keep stubbing my big toe. Has my body forgotten its geometry?’ is closed to new replies.