Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hunt Wheels customer service (spoiler, it’s great)
  • tuboflard

Just a quick tale of excellent customer service. I ordered a set of Hunt Enduro wheels last week and they duly arrived within a couple of days.

Got them home only to find that the spares pack (spare spokes, spoke key and two tubeless valves) were missing. No matter I thought, I’m guessing it’s because I ordered boost rear and non-boost front, so they had to split a wheel set.

Anyway, dropped them an email to ask them to send one out. Without question (and I’ve dealt with companies in the past who’ve even asked for proof of purchase or photographic evidence at this point), they put the pack in the post for next day. Got it today to find they’d thrown in a cap, water bottle and waterproof phone case too.

That’s all, just wanted to give a great company some good feedback in public.

mashr

Bastards – I only got a free water bottle!

akira

Chatted to them at ard rock and seemed like nice guys. Not tooting my own trumpet but I suggested they offer mixed boost/non boost options on the website. Didn’t get a water bottle ☹️

Cougar

I’ve dealt with companies in the past who’ve even asked for proof of purchase or photographic evidence

I’ve had this before and it makes no sense. How on Earth can you provide photographic evidence of something you haven’t got? Just take a photo of a blank floor?

slackboy

Same here. Bought some wheels but changed my mind. In between I’d got rid of the box so they are sending me a new one so I can return the wheels.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

to be fair, if your going build a business reselling Chinese wheels at a big markup, you better make sure you have your marketing/customer service on point,

Oblongbob

They were great with me too. Dented rear rim quite significantly doing west highland way. Wasn’t sure when it happened, but may well have clipped a water bar. Emailed them with photos. Explained situation honestly saying I was a bit surprised as didn’t remember hitting anything that hard and didn’t puncture. They sent me a very nice email with loads of technical info about their wheels, wall thickness and ultimate tensile strength of alloy versus other wheelset. They organised to have wheel collected and rebuilt. Had it back within a week. Above and beyond. Also sent me free torque caps for my pikes.

Oh, they did send me a Shimano freewheel instead of XD when got another set of wheels, but let them know and had a XD sent to me the next day, with a free cap too.

Can’t fault the service.

robowns
    Free Member

to be fair, if your going build a business reselling Chinese wheels at a big markup, you better make sure you have your marketing/customer service on point,

Meh I’ve read this a few times but I’m still failing to see where the huge mark up is vs other resellers with novatec hubs etc.

I bought a pair of Trail Wides which replaced a custom built set of Hope/Arc 30s, no discernible drop in quality, a great wheelset so far and would have no issue recommending.

yoshimi

I don’t get the bashing either – I’m yet to see massively cheaper options on this quality of rim/hub combo – universally posditive reviews, seemingly good service and a reasonable price – what’s better at £350?

A “standard” set of modern, decent quality wheels iMO is a pro4/dtxm481 which are going to set you back £500 with a good builder.

I was very close to buying some but as it’s only really the back wheel I needed I just went with a single 240/ex511

brassneck

Me either. Have XC wides, lighter and cheaper than anything I could find (since the passing of my LBS who I’d normally have used) and they’ve been faultless. I ordered before they were available based on road wheelset reviews and feedback, and I was kept informed of where they were and they delivered on the day they promised, perfectly true and with a spares pack.

When I get round to getting a plus set I’ll just buy them again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hunt Wheels customer service (spoiler, it’s great)’ is closed to new replies.