• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by rone.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Huawei media pad T5 – any good?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Tinternet
    Google docs
    Viewing pics
    Maybe watching films etc

THINK it has 4g??? with nano sim?

to last 2 years update wise minimum
    can it be beaten for £150

CraigW
    Free Member

I think the Huawei tablets are pretty decent, good value. Should be fine for all that stuff.

I wouldn’t expect many OS updates etc, but if it has Android 8 should be fine for e few years. And I’m not keen on the EMUI interface, but you can install a better launcher if you want.

Looks like some models of the T5 have 4G, some don’t. The 4G models are probably more expensive.

sadmadalan

Just bought a Samsung Tab Active2 from Curry’s for £170. It came with Android 7, but had upgraded itself to 9. You can stuff in a SIM if you want to. It is a bit chunky as it is designed for a battering. Screen is not brilliant – but it is just a tablet for sitting on the sofa or when I am travelling. if I wanted a top of the range tablet I’d be looking at a Surface Pro, or iPad Pro or a Samsung Tab S6 – and a price north of £800

iamanobody
    Free Member

or could get a samsung galaxy tab a at currys for £150

bob_summers

Got a T something (10″) free with a mobile contract a few years ago. It was good at the time, but bloaty. It’s long since had its last update, very slow compared to anything newer. Main gripe is the bloatware though – if I could be bothered I’d root it – a new ROM might give it a new lease of life.

ElShalimo

I got an MediaPad M5 8.4 in July. I connected it to my desktop, downloaded the Huawei software to update to the tablet to EMUI 9.1. Then I got the Android 9 updates over the next 24hrs

T5 was on the list of supported tablets that I saw.

rone

Yep. Well built and fast.

Add a memory card for putting downloads on to.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Huawei media pad T5 – any good?’ is closed to new replies.