Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • howies stuff
  • jamesca
    Free Member

was having a look on their website and thought some of the stuff looked pretty nice, but when i looked it seemed just about everything was "sold out" in all sizes.

these weren’t sale items, so is this normal or likely just to be the transition from winter to spring stuff?

tomzo
    Free Member

Pretty sure they’ll be updating to their spring collection in the next few weeks. They’ve been sold out of most stuff from well before xmas, when they had a 20% off everything. Shame, cos I really fancied a hick shirt, but just missed out on the last few ones.

jamesca
    Free Member

the hick is what i fancied. shame

tomzo
    Free Member

Even more unlucky then, i emailed them a while back and they said they wouldn’t be getting any more of those in stock.

chewkw
    Free Member

Expensive!

😐

miketually
    Free Member

Tried getting some Epic trousers on the day the sale email arrived, but the site died and they’d sold out by the next morning 🙁

I think they’ve got a lot better at managing their stock, so they tend to sell out of stuff just before the new season starts. On the plus side, it probably means the company will be around for longer, but on the downside there’ll be less stuff in the sales for us cheapskates.

finbar
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff in the sale, got a call three or four days later to say it was out of stock. I was annoyed.

Sorry, what a great anecdote.

jimmy

If you think regular Howies is expensive, check out the hand-me-down section…

pk-ripper
    Free Member

finbar, same as me. I tend generally to not shop again with companies that have stock management that poor. Sorry Howies.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Having read this, I looked up the handmedown section to find jackets and bags that are supposed to last 10 years. I can see the bags might be OK in 10 years time, both in functionality and appearence but the coats already look like the sort of thing my grandad used to wear. I can’t see them anywhere but an allotment in even 5 years as they look so depressing. And at £400 I think it was or somesuch nuts figure.

plecostomus
    Free Member

all there things are now stupidly over priced, agree on the stock management issues, they seem to becoming everything they stood against, i like the old howies when they first started out, not the howies i have seen coming within the last 3 years (since timberland)

snoopdog
    Free Member

I’ll second that…..way too expensive. You can tell there’s a coporate animal behind them nowadays

tomzo
    Free Member

I dont think much of their stuff is stupidly overpriced, its priced pretty well tbh.

A shirt from river isalnd, top man etc costs about £28. howies £48. So its not high street price. But its not high street quality. The jackets are well on par price and quality wish with similar coats by oakley or "outdoorsy" brands. their long way home shorts seem to be the only overpriced thing to me.

djglover
    Free Member

they need to tell those bloody Chinese sweatshop owners to pull their finger out. I need a new lambswool sweater.

Slacks
    Free Member

I’ve bought a fair amount of there stuff. Always found that there service was very good and the quality was great.

BillMC

I’ve been disappointed by their stuff. I bought some carpenter’s pants for £70 then bought some infinitely superior Carharrt ones in the states for less than £20,I now get them shipped and they still work out a lot cheaper. I bought an organic cotton jacket from Howies and the colour went peculiar when it was washed and I found their jeans a rather strange shape so they went back. I like the idea of Howies in terms of their image and PR but the products in my experience don’t live up to it.

rOcKeTdOg

£48 for a t shirt?? flipping heck

grahamh
    Free Member

Seam to have gone very much the same way as Rohan went
    as soon as the "Corporate" took over in the 90’s.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘howies stuff’ is closed to new replies.