Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • How to watch redbull tv on my Samsung tv
  • tails
    Free Member

As above I’ve got a Samsung tv which is concerted to the net. I have the main apps, Netflix, iPlayer, c4 player etc. If I navigate to the redbull website and find the broadcast it just never gets going. I don’t think I can beam from my iPad to the Samsung tv as they are competitors. Is there an App Store somewhere? My wife has a chromecast in the cupboard, would that do it?

Thanks very much.

trail_rat
    Free Member

There’s an app store on the TV

When your selecting Netflix et all… Press left arrow.

Then select apps

Search for redbull app.

Works well. Add Spotify while your at it.

tails
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll have a look

tails
    Free Member

Hmm doesn’t seem to exist on my tv.

dlr

Used to be one for Samsung then it was removed over a year ago. I’ve not looked since then as I found my xbox has it as an app which works fine. Expect chrome cast would work

mashr

Used to be one for Samsung then it was removed over a year ago

That’s the beauty of Samsung – still available on mine! OTOH, one of our TVs doesn’t have Netflix available and the other (both Samsung) does – go figure

trail_rat
    Free Member

Used to be one for Samsung then it was removed over a year ago.

It’s absolutely there still.

How ever which Samsung os you on mines the lowest telly that comes with tizen. That might make an odds.

Watched the back catelogue of uci races on it this year so far

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get a firestick or other plug in.

ads678

I can’t get it on my LG smart tv, will check.the Xbox now though….

simondbarnes

My wife has a chromecast in the cupboard, would that do it?

Yes, it will

BoardinBob

My wife has a chromecast in the cupboard, would that do it

Yes

Alternatively, if the app isn’t available on your TV, but it has an internet browser, just go to the red bull TV site and you can watch it via their webpage on your tv

MartynS

Red bull on my Samsung telly stopped working about 18 months ago. I was using my phone and using tv cast app to stream it to telly. The red bull app went to crap about a year ago… it’s bloody awful.

jake123
    Free Member

You can also get the app on PlayStation consoles if you have one of them! PS4 that is, unsure on others

fossy

Redbull not working on my Samsung now. Not watched it for over 6 months. I’m using the web version on a mini pc under the TV – Disney stopped working when Disney Plus ame out.

We now access Disney, Redbull and Les Mils via their web pges on the mini pc.

Firestick is a cheap way of getting it.

Inbred456
    Free Member

The Redbull app on Samsung TV’s is no longer supported. Mine has just gone off. You can get it on the web browser but that is such a faf on.

ta11pau1

Used the app on Sunday to watch the DH on my Samsung TV.

ampthill

My app went last week. I’m now screen mirroring from the app on my phone. It’s fine for cycling as I don’t notice the audio delay. But l’ll buy a stick soon. As we have prime shall we get a fire stick?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Watched crankworks replay this afternoon on the Samsung app

fossy

I think it’s stopped on older TV’s. Ours is about 6 years old. Firestick/chrome stick/roku best options.

BearBack
    Free Member

Redbull installed through the Samsung app store app didn’t work on my brand new qled. Returned it and got a Sony. That fixed it

orangespyderman

Get an Nvidia Shield for smart TV watching. Redbull TV app on that and a whole bunch more.

mashr

Noticed that new Samsungs are using Amazon Firestick hardwire instead of proprietary Samsung stuff. That’s sounds a great idea

monkeyboyjc

Roku stick, gives access to all streaming…. Netflix,YouTube,Now,Amazon,Red bull, Disney, bbc, channel4, itv, Funimation, all of the kids ones and a load of obscure ones…… One HDMI port for all streaming and About £25 on Amazon (was cheaper last week)

No idea why people buy fire sticks or Now sticks as they restrict you to curtain apps.

franksinatra

Samsung UI is terrible. I have all the apps that I need and want but I am still going to get a stick just so I can use a more friendly UI.

glenh
    Free Member

Seems to depend on the Samsung TV model. I have 2 Samsung TVs – one from 2018 and one from 2020. Although the interface is basically the same, some apps aren’t available on the 2018 one. It might be restrictions based on hardware, but more likely just to try and get you to buy a new TV.

mashr

Someone on this forum once mentioned that Samsung actually loads loads of different operating systems on different models. So although they look the same everything behind (including the apps) is different. No wonder an app maker would get **** off with the situation and call it a day – Eurosport was the first I noticed doing it around 2 or 3 years ago

merk
    Free Member

Works fine on my 2019 model Q85R. Samsung are great at dropping support for what they deem to be old tech (about 2/3 years).

cchris2lou

i just use the browser .

Cougar

In the time it took to ask “will a Chromecast work?” and the three days’ worth of replies you could have plugged in the one you have to find out.

But yes. The short answer is that inbuilt “smart TV” apps are generally shit and IME Samsung ones doubly so. You’ll almost always be better off with what used to be called a “set top box,” some external device like a Chromecast you can beam to or something like an Amazon Fire Stick which you can load apps onto directly.

oldfart

We bought a Panasonic Smart TV a few months ago , can’t get Red Bull App or Radio 2 on BBC I Player . I went back in the shop and had a moan , bloke said ” I told you if you wanted lots of Apps you’d need a Samsung 🙄 I don’t remember that conversation 🤔

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘How to watch redbull tv on my Samsung tv’ is closed to new replies.