Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • how to turn off feed on edge home page?
  • racefaceec90

my home page has started to show feed (news etc) that i didn’t ask for or want. i cannot turn them off. is there any way to do so or am i stuck with them?

thanks

frogstomp

If you go to Page Settings (cog symbol in the top left corner) there’s a setting at the bottom to turn it off.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just tried that myslef. Still leaves headings at the bottom. More to the point, how the hell can I stop it opening a new tab when I click a search link for example?

jeffl

You can get a plugin so when your open a new tab it takes you to Google, or another page of your choosing. Typical old school Microsoft that there is no way to not have MSN set as the new tab page in the browser.

Note: I don’t use it by choice but have to at work. None of this sort of silliness with Firefox 🦊

desperatebicycle

there is no way to not have MSN set as the new tab page in the browser

Find this hard to believe! We have a policy set so it doesn’t open MSN here, so there must be a registry setting. I shall investigate

desperatebicycle

If you put
    edge://policy/
    (or does that only work if a policy is already set? Got nothing to compare it to, unfortunately)
    Into the address bar, click on HomepageLocation it takes you to the MS help page which tells you the registry location to change – ie. SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge Value: Homepagelocation
    Don’t be scared, get in there and hack 🙂

But anyway, it is changeable

(Also, you can enter the thread title into a popular web search engine)

antigee

Just tried that myslef. Still leaves headings at the bottom.

don’t use Edge but if by headings at bottom you mean in windows tool bar – try right click on the tool bar and an an option to remove msstart should appear – but I might be addressing a different issue ? the misnamed msstart is a news/crap/ popup…I expect it to reappear as part of a “security” update

gecko76

Click on settings in the top right corner of a new tab and choose ‘Focused’ (if I’ve understood your question).

mrsheen
    Free Member

I think if you turn it off in settings it still appears momentarily before disappearing.

vlad_the_invader

Click on settings in the top right corner of a new tab and choose ‘Focused’ (if I’ve understood your question).

This worked for me

oceanskipper

This worked for me

Also, on that “Page Settings” window under “Content” select “Content Off” if you don’t want any irrelevant guff at the bottom…

racefaceec90

thanks all thankfully it has now disappeared to bottom of the screen so don’t see it now.

i use edge as i get reward points that you can convert to xbox games etc so the reason i will still use it tbh.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.