Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • How to stop being looked for
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

Apparently i am a missing person which suits me fine. I would like to stop the letters sent via NI number. Any way i can stop them

Also how to stop being on the internet Missing thingy.

Thank you

allthepies
    Free Member

Are you Sinéad O’Connor ?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Change your name and pretend to be someone else?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just WTFU and start paying the alimony.

mrsfry
    Free Member

I change my name every four to five years, doesn’t stop numptys from putting my face on the net (which i never do). I also get letters from those christian chaps sent via NI number chaps.

Getting ticked off. I don’t want to see myself on a billboard or a pop up

🙁

SaxonRider

CheesybeanZ

Your Shegar and I claim my £5.00

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I change my name every four to five years

Say whaaaaaaaaaat???!!!???!!!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You’ll be on a milk carton in the US Midwest soon enough.

maccruiskeen

I think the best you can do is tell any agency that’s trying to contact you that you’re safe and well and happy not to be found. They’ll be acting in what they think is you’re best interest by trying to contact you if they think that you’re unwell or unsafe or unhappy. If you tell them that you are happy and safe, particularly if you are happier and safer ‘missing’ than found by the person or people looking for you then they should consider their job done.

(when you do that try an play down the breaking and entering, hostage taking and licking people while they sleep stuff 🙂 )

Bregante

You are Matthew Green and I claim my five pounds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/16/british-man-who-went-missing-six-years-ago-found-alive-in-spain/

Serious answer. If you are actually reported missing with the Police (circulated on the Police National Computer) – go into your local police station and tell them who you are and that under no circumstances do you want your friends/family informing of your whereabouts. As long as you’re safe and well – they will do as you ask. The originating force who circulated you will be informed and you will no longer be “missing”.

bearnecessities

I would like to stop the letters sent via NI number.

Are you referring to your National Insurance Number?

SaxonRider

Who are the ‘Christian chaps’ that send things via NI number? I’m intrigued.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Oh. mrsfry and perchypanther in the same thread.

Really makes you think…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Where’s JHJ when you need him?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I heard he got heavy metal poisoning from the sheer weight of tinfoil adorning his noggin.

jambalaya
    Free Member

This is not my most helpful post ….

I imagine this is some sort of private database / “not for profit” organisation. I imagine you don’t wish to reply to say “I don’t want to be contacted”. I imagine the Police won’t be interested as its not their list

Finally, best of luck

Thats never happened, ever

mrsfry
    Free Member

Salvation Army Family Tracing Service send letters via the DSS or some part of the Agency. Thought i was getting a tax return or something 🙁

Any how. I have three of the idiots looking for me. I can call them idiots as none of them can spell my name right

(It is me they are looking for just to dumb to spell my name correctly)

I’ve had three letters this year and when putting the name into Google i pop up again with a picture of myself.

Not a happy chap about it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Surely the gender reassignment surgery helped…

Daffy

mrsfry – Member
    I change my name every four to five years,

Any how. I have three of the idiots looking for me. I can call them idiots as none of them can spell my name right

Perhaps they’re not getting it wrong, but you’ve forgotten what you’ve changed it to…this happens all the time with my numerous work PC passwords; totally understandable.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Change your name to Kim Kardashian. You’ll still eventually show up on google but you’ll be on page 9,456,835,124,459. And the salvation army will think you’re beyond salvation so they’ll stop bothering you too.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Is this you?

redthunder
    Free Member

I thought you have been captured ????

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/brenda-delgado/view

martinhutch

The op is clearly small fry compared to her.

IGMC

maccruiskeen

Salvation Army Family Tracing Service

I thought it might be – my GF has used that service in the past to keep tabs on a cousin who’s a bit of a lost lamb. Not someone who’s intentionally gone missing but who’s life is chaotic (prostitution, drugs, in and out of prison) and using the service for no other reason than to let her know the rest of the family are still there. A similar service was used in reverse when the same lost lamb was victim of a hit and run recently – with no next of kin they tracked down a member of the GF’s family and it meant various cousins were able to mobilise – visit, liaise with the police, get her pets rescued and are now in the process of getting things sorted with housing and social services as she gets closer to being able to leave hospital.

So these services certainly have a value and I’m sure the people operating them as sincere but its a bit disappointing that they seem to focus their service so heavily on the seeker and not so much on the interests of the ‘missing’. So I’ve just dropped them an email to that effect, asking them what their policy is in regards to missing people who don’t want to be found and what options they have to prevent unwanted approaches. If I get a reply I’ll let you know what the procedure is.

geoffj

Did you go on holiday with your parents to Luz?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Change your name and pretend to be someone else?

mrsfry
    Free Member

@maccruiskeen Thank you for your info and help. I truly am the most boring person i know of and i rather not have any contact with any person or agency

[/quote]Perhaps they’re not getting it wrong, but you’ve forgotten what you’ve changed it to…this happens all the time with my numerous work PC passwords; totally understandable.

Cheeky pup. The first name on my birth certificate is not the one that is on the forms or internet and FB although the middle and last names and photo are correct. Like i said, they are idiots

breninbeener

@mrsfry, i have dropped you an email!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Google – you have a right to be forgotten, you can ask for those search results to be removed

Why not contact the Sally Army and ask to be removed from that list ?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Fall out with everyone you want to stop looking for you. Random insults work well.
    Then change your name and move.

It’s worked well so far. 15 years on and i’ve had no contact from anyone i don’t want to contact me. On the plus side, i’m still in contact with the handful of people i do want to be.

footflaps

Not someone who’s intentionally gone missing but who’s life is chaotic (prostitution, drugs, in and out of prison)

Well that could pretty much describe anyone on here 😉

binners

It all becomes clear….

mamadirt
    Free Member

Someone’s arse is on back to front 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

No, that’s just what daily Greggs visits does to you.

edlong
    Free Member

I change my name every four to five years

Its’ seemingly the STW way although I thought the mods took a dim view – maybe just try not to get banned in the first place?

crankboy
    Free Member

obviously it would be wrong to pry for details but i would guess a lawyer and the Protection from Harassment act 1977 would be your friend.
    Step one write to sally anne saying please stop sending stuff to me i don’t want it also please stop trying to trace me. if you do it again i will sue as it is causing me distress. They either back off or step 2 you sue and apply for a restraining order.
    I also believe but don’t know that you can apply for a fresh NI no.

This is off the cuff first principles advise not a definitive answer.

Northwind

Have you considered being found dead?

footflaps

Taking VPL to the next level!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    No, that’s just what daily Greggs visits does to you.

Is that as in ‘give us this day our daily Greggs’?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘How to stop being looked for’ is closed to new replies.