• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How to make a chicken?
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I obviously don’t mean a live clucking chicken but an ornamental one from old cycling bits. My FIL is going through a lull in his mental health and he loves all things chicken/hen so i thought as a nice surprise i would make him a chicken to put in his garden. Sadly i am not that creative/artistic so struggling to think of ways to make it look obvious its a chicken. I remember a thread whereby somebody (WCA?) made a seahorse or something like that from old bits and thats the kind of thing i am looking to do. Happy to incorporate wood in to the design as i have plenty and its easy to work with. So looking for ideas/inspiration and the best way to attach all the metal bits together.

goldfish24

Well I’ll go first;

Surely you need an egg?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And a treadmill.

(Brilliant idea, BTW. Quick Google gives this as inspiration

)

CountZero

How to make it do what?

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

How about a weather vane?

tthew

If you’re not very creative/artistic as you say, perhaps look to adapt something that has already been done. Or in laymans terms, copy something as best as you can. 😀 I think pinterest might be a good source of insparation.

gobuchul
    Free Member

blader1611
    Free Member

Captain that is great, love the tail and happy to copy that idea.

kayak23

This one in France is a bit more simplistic.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That is a MASSIVE cock.

RustySpanner

Beaten to it!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bresse Chicken 🙂

wallop

Damn you, Kayak 😆

maccruiskeen

struggling to think of ways to make it look obvious its a chicken

Play about the bits you’ve got until you start to spot shapes and interaction between shapes that describe something chicken-y. To do that kind of scrap-sculpture you need a lot of scrap to choose from. You also have to have a wide range of ideas in mind of what a chicken can look like – how anatomically correct or stylised it might be. Sometimes it poise or suggestions of movement that say ‘chicken’ more than detail

bodgy
    Free Member

That’s un oeuf.

welshfarmer

Not a chicken. But I did make a real live duck a week or so back. First time with the little incubator. Thought it best to capture our first arrival on film

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjVgjccGJUQ[/video]

WillH

maccruiskeen – that last one is clearly an owl disguised as a chicken (reminds me of this fella)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How to make a chicken?’ is closed to new replies.