Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • How to carry a phone that's not in your pocket
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Any suggestions for a tiny manbag type thing that would fit a phone and I guess wallet/keys etc? That’s not lame?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just accept the lameness, and get a fanny pack.

wwaswas

Batman style utility belt?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Yah a big bum bag, you stow get phone, pasties, maps and backup battery in there with room for a lightweight jacket ;-).

I still have my big red Nike Makalu II triathlon pack from the 90’s, would still use it for biking and hiking except the waist strap seems to have shortened over time.

Whatabout a belt-bag? 8)

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Something by Maxpedition? Bit overkill but I use one for a survey bag at work and I have the impression it will outlast me.

CountZero

There are various EDC cases which you can put a phone, keys, iPod, cables, SD cards, etc in, but you still have to carry the thing around with you, so, unless you have a larger bag you can put it in, you’ll still look like girl carrying a clutch bag. 😉

kcal

Small Alpkit drybag with over the shoulder strap?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tactical waistcoat? All the pockets you could ever need!

nealglover
    Free Member

Any suggestions for a tiny manbag type thing that would fit a phone and I guess wallet/keys etc?…..

Yes, there are loads.

…..That’s not lame?

None.

RustySpanner

Small backpack.

Anything else is a bit Vauxhall Mocca really, isn’t it?

Jamie
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

I suppose it would be possible to have it on a neck lanyard, but that could get annoying even though it’s a light phone.

This is for when I’m skiving off work but still need to be reachable, which isn’t very often. So would be casual.

I’m not wearing a bumbag ffs 😉

shermer75
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

This type of thing would work but the camo print makes it look like a kid’s toy.

prawny

Bumbag for me.

Only use the big backpack if I need to take a change of clothes or a big drink. It’s been a revelation this summer. Need to get a better one though, paid less than 2 quid for one off ebay and it’s a bit small and the strap is fraying, won’t last much longer. Some decent ones in the tresspass shop for £8

kcal

found a link –

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Camo combats – look a bit common, but lots of pockets and don’t show the dirt. As a bonus no-one will think you’re working.

molgrips
    Free Member

What other decent bag companies are there? Looked at Golla, Crumpler.. I forgot all the other ones I liked from when I was looking at camera bags.

Gary_M
    Free Member

This is for when I’m skiving off work but still need to be reachable, which isn’t very often. So would be casual.

You can use something called a bluetooth headset or earphone which gives you the ability to answer the phone without it being at your ear 🙂

Do you need to carry a wallet, would a card and a few notes not do?

molgrips
    Free Member

How is bluetooth headset going to help me carry an extra phone?

Taking a card and notes fills me with fear because every time I’ve done this I end up leaving it somewhere other than my wallet so when I next go out the card’s not in my wallet.

I could maybe get a super thin wallet though.. since the phone is also quite thin and could cohabit in a pocket.. hmm..

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah right I missed the bit where you said it was an ‘extra phone’, why do you need to carry two phones?

Put one phone on divert to the other.

molgrips
    Free Member

One phone has a work sim, it’s android so can use the work email and IM app which is what I really need.

In the past you had to have a work sim to use the app but that may no longer be the case – if so, I should’ve gone android for my personal phone and done both but it’s too late now. I use my personal phone for work calls anyway.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Could you divert your personal phone to your work phone then?

buck53

There’s a company called Fabric Horse that make ‘utility belts’ for cyclists, specific loops, pouches etc. for bike bits, including a u lock.

Only you will know if they are ‘lame’, if you can get one and resist putting a batman symbol buckle on it you’re a better man than me!

Del

lowe apline compact camera bag. they have loops, thin clippy type ones and also big velco ones, so you can easily attach them to a belt.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i am the same – i have to carry multiple phones as well …. our company does not allow call forwarding on the mobile phones and ill be damned if im paying for call forwarding on my personal phone.

personal phone/house phone and my work phone and occasionally a foreign country mobile for in country stuff. i ended up just using my small timbuk 2 courier bag when abroad.

work phone i got the smallest shittiest nokia i could get for work – dont notice it in my pocket – with the added bonus of not having emails etc.

i choose to carry 2 phones so i can switch work off/leave it at home out of hours or not on call – as if i use my work phone as my personal phone – folks call it “on the off chance” you will answer.

tempting to adopt the daimler model for holiday emails also – your email has not been forwarded and will be deleted – email someone who cares.

not a fan of the manbag though – looks more than a little camp.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

In the brim of a sombrero?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Or a moahoosive manly rucksack, mostly filled with bubblewrap

scrumfled
    Free Member

how about a tri bag mounted on the frame? (one of those little bags that sits by the stem)

Gary_M
    Free Member

how about a tri bag mounted on the frame?

I assumed this was for non biking activities.

aP
    Free Member
    D0NK

I assumed this was for non biking activities

it’s in the chat forum so I’d guess you’re right.
    You’re a man, men’s clothes have pockets.
    if you can’t fit 2 phones a wallet and keys in your pockets stop wearing your sister’s jeans

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Action slacks?

Free Member

I use a small one of these:

Fuel Pod

It sits on the top tube tucked just behind the stem and has room for my house key, wallet and phone.

molgrips
    Free Member

Could you divert your personal phone to your work phone then?

Well, given that it won’t be that frequent, that’s not actually a bad idea. Does that work for texts too?

if you can’t fit 2 phones a wallet and keys in your pockets stop wearing your sister’s jeans

Hah.. like I’m some kind of hipster… I can’t fit two phones in one pocket, no. If I put a phone in my back pocket it’ll get crushed if I sit down.

molgrips
    Free Member

with the added bonus of not having emails etc.

I need the emails – this is for when I’m supposed to be at work but am not – the opposite situation to the one most people describe it seems 🙂

allfankledup

Most Americans I work with have a phone holder that sits on their belt for their cell phones….

Squidlord
    Free Member

I think what you want is a bandolier. Plus you can save time on laundry and shaving:

molgrips
    Free Member

Most Americans I work with have a phone holder that sits on their belt for their cell phones….

And chinos, a polo shirt (with company logo) tucked in, and a moustache?

allfankledup

Not sure if they do a packet of lego Americans yet …

The next one has a baseball cap, checked shirt, jeans and a pickup, complete with gun rack.

I see a market…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘How to carry a phone that's not in your pocket’ is closed to new replies.