Viewing 31 posts - 121 through 151 (of 151 total)
  • How often do you weigh yourself?
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

We ALL look beautiful, no matter what!

You’ve clearly never been to Hatfield.

_tom_
    Free Member

Dunno about the whole “you are what you are no matter what” type thing, I feel like I’ve changed loads personality wise since losing a load of weight. More confidence, more positive, more willing to do new things etc.

camo16
    Free Member

You’ve clearly never been to Hatfield.

IanMunro speaks wise words.

• shudders *

coffeeking
    Free Member

Seeing as my weight seems to fluctuate vaguely sinusoidaly throughout the day and can change day on day by a notable amount on top of that, I tend to go down a vaguely nyquist-shannon route of at least twice the frequency of the fastest variation (Which is normally the daily variation) – so twice a day, usually at the same time. I then add in some sporadic measurements to be sure. This way I can re-construct my weight fluctuations fairly well.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Never weigh myself. I wear relatively slim t shirts and shirts so it becomes obvious to me when I need to lay off the food and wine for a bit!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Occasionaly

ourmaninthenorth

Some days during the week, and always Sunday morning before going riding (Sunday’s also the eating day, so it’s effectively the end of the “dieting” part of the week).

I ought probably to note these things down, but at 6.30 on Sunday morning I’m thinking more about getting out of the house to maximise riding, not making notes of my weight..!

boxfish
    Free Member

Weekly weigh-in every weekend here. Since ditching the refined sugar (and now paying attention to portion size) I’ve lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks. Another 14 lb to lose and I’ll be back to my fighting weight. Grrr.

solarpowered
    Free Member

… what have you been smoking?

My beautifully sculpted abs make up for the fact that I’m a total ****.

Don’t smoke (any more :-)) And surely, ‘sculpted abs’ don’t make up for being a total ****, do they?

Oh yes, and i am a person that it’s strangely over the moon for ‘over taking’ someone for the first time this morning on my bike! 😀 think you call that ‘being chicked’?? Happy, happy, happy!

camo16
    Free Member

think you call that ‘being chicked’

Then I feel obliged to point out that I ‘geezered’ a couple of lasses this morning, and those lasses were fit. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

I think you’ve scored TSY… 😛

SamB
    Free Member

Every day at the same time (first thing in the morning). I’m aware of weight fluctuations over the day / between days, so it’s more a way of tracking a trend than knowing which size trousers to wear that day.

Graphs you say? 😀

August 2011 I was on two hot meals a day. Not ideal 😈

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Where did you get those graphs??

Do you think measuring your weight so often is helping??

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Everyday – you can definitely see the effect of eating snacks, having early/late evening meals, etc.

I should have lost 1/2lb yesterday based on a normal workday, but I snuffled half a bag of wine gums when I got home and therefore didn’t.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

See, the strange thing is my weight fluctuates lower on days when I binge on chocolate late the prior evening.

SamB
    Free Member

The graphs are from Excel – I record my weight when I take it.

Obviously the act of measuring my weight does not in and of itself help me lose weight… But I do think the trend over time helps (e.g. looking at 2011 and realising I’d really put weight on with extra food intake). At this point I could probably get just as good tracking from weighing (say) once a week, but I reckon weighing once a day helps smooth out the weird daily fluctuations. As an example, I’ve seen 1kg fluctuations based on doing lots of exercise and not rehydrating properly.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah… I lost 2kg in sweat running for an hour on one of the hot days last month.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I believe that research has been done that shows that it does… add public humiliation to the Hawthorne Effect and you’ve got yourself a Weight Watchers class!

nwgiles

Every tuesday at 7am.
    Started October 2011, 17st 10ish, sometimes a little more.
    january 2012 14st 9, and have stayed this weight since despite trying to lose more.
    *not bragging* i do lift a lot of weights as well as the cardio so i can see how it balances out

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still a “Never” for me.

But I feel like I got a bit more handsome this week.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Say it ain’t so DD… the world can’t handle so much beauty.

nwgiles – you’re new, but you have to tell us how tall you are. It’s important so we know how tubby you are.

DD (for example) is short, but so good looking you’ll bow down in front of him.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Say it ain’t so DD

My Handsomeness Scales told me so. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is that a factor of how many women go weak at the knees as you saunter past?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, I have a simple machine in the bathroom that tells me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

“mirror, mirror on the wall, where do I get a machine for telling me how beautiful I am?”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

8)

philconsequence
    Free Member

the gym scales only go up to 21 stone so its a bit pointless me bothering.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think someone in Peterborough has a set that goes higher Philly.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY3RxYNfjho[/video]

philconsequence
    Free Member

the best way i’ve found is to be lowered by crane into the swimming pool and calculate how many children are washed out of the pool, all scientific like.

Viewing 31 posts - 121 through 151 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘How often do you weigh yourself?’ is closed to new replies.