• This topic has 73 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by joat.
Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • How often do you shave?
  • breadcrumb

I run a No1 over my face every two or three weeks. It’s a faff I can’t face everyday..

simondbarnes

Full shave? Probably once every couple of years. Chop my beard off a couple of times a year with a trimmer on lowest setting. Legs get done every week.

Yak

Twice a week. Probably a bit more if I need to look smarter

cchris2lou

twice a week too .

Klunk
    Free Member

trim every other monthish

funkmasterp

Once a day seems like overkill. As stated though, shaving is a rare mistake for me. I’m basically a wolfman in the facial hair department, but can’t imagine needing to shave every day. I’d be penniless from the expenditure on razors and foam 😀

scotroutes

BST – every 2 or 3 days

GMT – never (OK  – an occasional tidy-up)

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

2/3x per week, postponed during relatively severe cold snaps down south.

tdog
    Free Member

I shave both ways 😂

to last longer between …

shaves

fatmax

Face – every other day.

Balls – about once a month

Legs – never

piemonster

Once, maybe twice a week.

Ive set the bar pretty low with my appearance in general so very little is expected of me. One of my better strategies for reducing pointless bullshit in my life tbh.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Nah.

Big full beard me.

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

With my shift pattern only When  I’m in work on days Monday to Friday as that’s when the jobs worths are in

So about 5 days a month shift work has it uses

Week off every 4 weeks helps to

tomhoward

Barber trims it once a quarterish… haven’t (electric) shaved for 3 ish years. Never wet shaved.

DezB
    Free Member

#hipsterbeardcentral

tomhoward

#hipsterbeardcentral

a happy coincidence for me, I simply can’t be arsed to shave.

rmacattack
    Free Member

The beard came not because of the hipsters. I look young for my age , so it adds a few years. The cost of razors also, The faff and time. Then it was the rashes and sensitivity from wet shaving every other day, my neck would burn.

lunge

My beard is an entirely vanity based decision, I look better with one than without according to Mrs Lunge. And that’s good enough for me.

Legs started getting shaved as I find it reduces chaffing when running. The fact that toned, tanned legs look better when shaved (again, according to Mrs Lunge) is a very nice bonus too. It does attract the odd comment when you walk into a football changing room or on our annual “sod this, it’s too hot, we’re wearibg shorts” week at work.

geex
    Free Member

only for court apearances

Daffy

Once, maybe twice a week.

One of my better strategies for reducing pointless bullshit in my life tbh.

This. See also Ironing.  Self ironing shirts and careful drying strategy is close enough.  I’ve also slowly changed my office culture to be accepting of jeans.  It only took a formal reprimand before they accepted that it was jeans or they could fire me.  Half the office now wears smart jeans.

miketually
    Free Member

Last wet shave was about ten years ago. When I did shave it was on a Monday morning only. Now my beard gets trimmed when I have to think about drying it post-shower.

funkmasterp

Bloody hipsters have ruined things for long term beardy men. I like to think they all copied me 😀

deadkenny
    Free Member

Have to admit, “Work From Home” days I just can’t be bothered now (though I can be bothered to go on a bike ride 😀 ).

Office days I’ll make the effort, though it’s for no one else’s benefit. Just habit.

SiB
    Free Member

Havent wet  shaved for about 15 years now, no guard on clipper buzz about once a fortnight

Cost of razors – £10pm = 120pa + same on foam and accessories = £240pa x 15 years = £3600 to do something to myself i never enjoyed and used to make my neck burn

Clippers were £70, still got them although have purchased new blades once at about £15 = £85

Said clippers also used for hair saving me £15(?) x 12 cuts pa = £150pa x 15years = £2250 saving

Clippers also used for cutting two dogs (I know, I know), one 14 years old the other 7 – saved myself a fortune getting them done ‘professionally”, estimated saving £3000 (21 years of dog clipping)

I reckon buying a pair of clippers and not wet shaving has saved me approx £8 – 10,000 over 15 years and months worth of hours standing in front of a mirror……..whats not to like!

andrewh
    Free Member

Brilliant SIB. Never thought of it like that.

I’ve not shaved since I left school 18yrs ago, and in those days weekly with an electric razor was fine. Now trim once a month ish with clippers, due another trim some time soon as it’s getting pretty bushy again. I have never had a wet shave in my life.

Someone on the first page mentioned riding in the winter clean shaven – I can feel the difference between bushy and trimmed, no beard must be horrendous on really cold days. How do girls manage?

Caher

Every second day if I’m in the office, once week if not.

jakehinton
    Free Member

I last shaved in July 2007, but I look ridiculous clean shaven.

cheers_drive

Proper shave once or twice a year. Stubble trim once or twice a week

tjagain

Daily when working, rarely when not£10 a month on razers plus the same on “accessories”?  I doubt I spend 1/10th of that!  Same handle and brush for 30 years, cartridge blades £1 each and each one lasts a couple of weeks, tube of shave gel a few quid every few months

ross980
    Free Member

I stopped shaving everyday around the same time I stopped wearing a tie to work and switched to chinos rather than ‘work’ trousers.

I shave once a week now, even then mostly it’s with a hair trimmer without the guard, so still looks stubbly. Occasionally I’ll wet shave.  If I could push through the itchy phase I’d just grow a beard.

northernsoul

I seem to be unusual in shaving daily (wet shave, face only). I’d rather shave less often, but I find it more of a PITA to shave longer stubble or a beard in terms of shaving rash and general discomfort.

Northwind

I ineffectually wave my electric razor at my face every morning, which means I look like I didn’t shave today, forever. Best of both worlds.

eth3er
    Free Member

Never, shaving is expensive<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>I also i’m trying to run Gillette out of business, it’s a lifelong calling.</span>

joat

When my ears start aching, or it gets too itchy, or for a smart do. Had long sideburns for 25 years though, so these don’t match long stubble as much.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘How often do you shave?’ is closed to new replies.