Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How much to get a laminate floor layed ?
  • Woody
    Free Member

Small lounge, hall and kitchen, approx. 26 sqm. Quite fiddly due to lack of space and there are 4 doors which may have to be trimmed.

How much is fair for labour only and how long, 5-6 hours?

Cheers

Edit. Edges will be trimmed rather than skirting removed etc.

allthegear
    Free Member

I don’t know but my dad has volunteered to help me lay 42sqm in my living room – I’ll let you know if he is any good!! 😉

Rachel

scrappy
    Free Member

3 days work, £500-£750

Woody
    Free Member

You are kidding aren’t you scrappy? I’m in the NE if that helps.

I reckon I could do it in a day but my landlady is paying so I’d rather be elsewhere 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reckon I could do it in a day

Off you go then 🙂

scrappy
    Free Member

wouldt be suprised from what handymen charge these days. and its hard to say without seeing it as you said it was a fiddly area rather than a square open lounge, but id suspect they’d stretch to 2 days or a day and a half and youd probably end up paying 2 days anyway. they prob charge £20/hour min and then vat etc on top? or cash in hand?

i was only guessing. personally id do it myself. just make sure you keave gaps around the edges

Woody
    Free Member

dd – I’ve been quoted £140 (guy who did identical house next door) and as landlady is paying I’d be considerably better off working an overtime shift!

Scrappy – it will be cash in hand but I did 3 rooms in my last house, 1 laminate floor and 2 with proper wood, the biggest took 6-7 hours. It’s not really very fiddly, just a corner for stairs and a bit tight space wise. Apparently the guy took 5 hours to do next door but that didn’t include the kitchen which only has a 5sq.m floor and is square.

scrappy
    Free Member

£140 bargain.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

£140 – seems fair to me.

I’m not familiar with lf rates to be honest – only do hardwood myself. 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I charge £10pm2 for laminate flooring down here and it seems to work out about right…. If you can do 26m2 with cutting and doorways and reducing doors etc in 5-6hrs you’d better set yourself up, you’ll make a killing. I’d want a day and a half myself.

Woody
    Free Member

It’s a pity really as if it had been my own house I would quite have enjoyed doing it………..and chosen a better quality (more expensive) floor.

Can’t really fault the landlady though as it is her ‘business’ and she could have done it really cheap and nasty. As it stands, I have been able to choose what I want within a reasonable budget and I think it will look pretty good.

flip
    Free Member

I charge £10 sqm too, plus a bit on top if there are more than 1-2 doors.

I am doing a hallway on Monday with 9 doors in it 😯

Its only 11 sqm but im charging £200. Hope to be done in a (long) day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How much to get a laminate floor layed ?’ is closed to new replies.