Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • How much is your Gas & Electric?
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

no gas, 3 bed semi

use about £70-£80 a month on electric, but we have a couple of countryside expenses: running a sewage treatment thingummy 24/7, and we have no gas so use an immersion in the HWC.

we’ll probably spend about £600 – £800 on solid fuel (logs & coal) over this winter I think.

prawny

£90odd per month for a family of 4 in a 90’s 3 bed semi. Wife is constantly whinging about the cold though so it’d be cheaper if I got rid of her. Bought her a slanket a couple of years ago, that brought the bill down a bit.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

With a trendy eco-green-engery-supplier: i.e. I’ve not hunted around for the cheapest

1970 mid terrace 3 bed house that’s mostly windows!! (3.2m x 2m in living room combined with the front door is one whole wall with the excepetion of a column between the two!)
    South Coastal climate
    I’m LED lamped all over the place, predominantly single bulb in each room with exception of bathroom and kitchen i.e. not-multi-kw per room downlighters,
    45cm loft insulation,
    A-grade double glazing.
    During winter heating House maintained at 18.5-19.5C monitored with thermometers and not the heating thermostat which actually reads 15.5deg! Heatin is timed off when we’re at work and also midnight-6am
    Gravity fed gas boiler on open system (is that correct terminology, i.e not combi or pressurised)

Average over the year £65 per month all in, worst bill last winter was about £105 in a month.

BUT – I pay by quarterly billing, I don’t like to have a monthly DD as you usually end up giving the utility company an interest free loan for the majority of the year by being in credit with them!

EDIT probably spend £2 a month on IKEA Glimmer 100 packs of nightlight candles. 5 or 6 or 7 on a bit of stone on a coffee table together kind of give a subliminial cozy fire effect.

HTTP404
    Free Member

effing £2500 per annum
    3 bed 1950s detached house.
    and the house is never tropical.
    🙁

footflaps

effing £2500 per annum
    3 bed 1950s detached house.
    and the house is never tropical.

Either you have no insulation at all and the windows don’t close properly, or possibly half your street is coming off your gas meter?

singletrackmind

£22 electric and £28 Gas pcm
    Pay by DD to ensure a better price from the supplier.
    Plus no nasty big bill in March after the winter. Normally fluctuates between me owing them and them owing me over the year.
    No heating on before work as I am up and out in 15 mins, then in the evening I run the CH 15mins on and 15 off on the clockwork segment timer .

unovolo
    Free Member

£85 per month combined DD with OVO energy, Build up a nice credit in summer to use for winter heating payments.
    3 Bed detached and very exposed on 3 sides of the house so it gets quite a bit of wind chill.

deepreddave
    Free Member

£150pm combined; 5 bed extended victorian semi with 2’+ sandstone walls, 18-20c depending on where you are in the house. Think the main loss is from heating the open hall which extends over all 3 floors but that’s there the thermostat is. No point moving it as half the residents were ‘born in a field’ and are as easy to train as adolescent gibbons….

HTTP404
    Free Member

Having scrutininzed my bill(s)
    Its £1800 per annum.
    A more palatable £150 pcm.

Hohum
    Free Member

£183 per month for gas and electric with Eon for a 4 bedroom modern house.

Eon have an online app that allows you to compare your household electricity and gas consumption against other similar Eon houses in the area.

My electricity is the same as others, but my gas is well above for all months, which puzzles me.

packer
    Free Member

£100 per month combined.

2 bedroom victorian end-of-terrace. Has double glazing but lots of drafts and minimal loft insulation (hoping to improve on those soon). No cavity wall insulation of course.

Some of you are paying a fortune!!

bland

I’ve just worked out that in the last 30 days we have used £196 of gas which scared the hell out of me. That’s heating and cooking but then it is winter and that’s from actual readings so now trying to figure out the likely spend over the course of the year! Missing having neighbours attached to me for the first time since moving!

samuri
    Free Member

Timely thread resurrection.

We’ve just submitted our electric and gas meter readings. Now bear in mind we have solar panels and have been using a multi-fuel stove all winter which essentially keeps the central heating off in the evening.

The electricity dd has come back at £9 per month.
    Gas is £30 per month although I expect that to come down once we’ve got through winter and submit another reading. To be fair we’ve spent about £50 on dry logs and another £38 on 100kg of coal to supplement the wood we have in the store.

That’s for a well insulated 4 bed 1960’s house.

felltop

£27pm electricity (should drop, PV panels installed in December). Approx. £150 per year wood (for log burning boiler and stove, bought by lorry load with a neighbour). Approx £60 per year wood pellets (boiler converted to pellets in summer to work with solar hot water). So the bills look tiny in comparison to most others – until you consider the capital investment, and that we live in a modern well insulated house (SAP rating of 94.).

busydog
    Free Member

I pay $185 USD a month here in New Mexico, USA (natural gas and electricity) for a 3BR house. Bill is set up for a 12 month period and each year is adjusted based on last years usage and projected costs of natural gas and electricity generating costs. When they make the annual adjustment, it usually only varies maybe $10-15 either way. Here in the desert, cooling in summer costs almost as much as heating in winter.

ourmaninthenorth

Being so mild this winter, and using the stove every night, we’ve cut the LPG bill in half to 250 quid/month.

Electricity ticks along at £49/month.

gordimhor

One bedroom flat no gas £80 per month on electric

cxthompson
    Free Member

With a large log burner (central heating only goes on for 10-ish hours per year) and free wood we pay £50 for gas and leccy. We’re already waiting for a cheque back as this appears to be too much!

cxthompson
    Free Member

we’ve also got solar pv now although we’ll have to see how that effects the bill.

NZCol

Modern, insulated house with double glazing and solar water. Oh and an outdoor hot tub set to 40 degrees. Works out on av about $450 a month. Blimey.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Last qtr bill ready-£711.00 !!

3 Bed detached house with a wife that loves being 24-25 degrees all the time,
    I’m off to buy a locking box for the thermostat and her some thermal undergarments

yossarian
    Free Member

Gas averages out at £120 per month. This is mainly down to the missus wanting to live in tropical conditions.
    Electric is £35 a month.

We are with Ecotricity so paying a bit over the odds. 1930s 4 bed semi.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just checked my first bill since moving house – 4 bed detached.

£76.26 for 31 days electricity
    £58.59 for 31 days gas

I am actually quite pleasantly surprised (given that this is over winter when usage will be at its highest) we have space heaters on 24 hours a day in a converted built-in wardrobe (to mimic an airing cupboard), electric underfloor heating in our en-suite and my wife uses the tumble dryer lots.

dooosuk
    Free Member

£100 combined for Gas and Elec in a 1911 3 bed terrace. It’s not particularly well insulated (no cavity wall insulation, floorboards downstairs etc.) and the Mrs is at home all day everyday at the moment with the kid.

She complains it’s cold in the day, I bought her a onesie for Christmas.

johndoh
    Free Member

She complains it’s cold in the day, I bought her a onesie for Christmas.

8)

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘How much is your Gas & Electric?’ is closed to new replies.