Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • How much do you pay for an ale down your way?
  • Bimbler
    Free Member

Walked the dog last night together with eldest daughter, a pleasant evening so we stopped at a pub, a beer for me, lemonade for her and crisps to share. Very nice indeed however the pint cost me £4.10!

So – how much, what, where –

£4.10

Summer Lightning – Hopback Brewery – lovely drop mind

Hertford, Hertfordshire

ir_bandito
    Free Member

’bout £3 in the nicer pubs round here.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Very much depends on the ale, but anywhere from around £3 – £4:50 ish

binners

I was charged £9.60 for 2 pints of Peroni in Manchester last month. By a man who I suspected to be a member of Mumford and Sons. This hasn’t helped my loathing of Mumford and Sons

Nearer to home, its considerably less

wors

£2.10 for the finest ale known to man 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

You pay for beer?

unklehomered
    Free Member

In the local 3.30, which I consider pricey.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I was charged £9.60 for 2 pints of Peroni in Manchester last month. By a man who I suspected to be a member of Mumford and Sons. This hasn’t helped my loathing of Mumford and Sons

[quote]

Peroni is always a silly prices by the pint in bars. Its £5 a go around here (St Andrews).

Ale is between £2.80 and £3.80 depending on the pub and the ale in question.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

ussually upwards of £2.50 though some locals a bit cheaper, odd pubs take the piss and charge £3 so we don’t go there often.

Harry_the_Spider

£3.00 ish for a post ride pint on a Monday night, but the first one does’t usually touch the sides.

Coyote
    Free Member

Do not like paying more than £3.

rockhopperbike

£2.60 – 2.90 depending on tipple

brakes
    Free Member

£3.50-£3.90 in N. London.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Paid £3.75 for a pint of Peroni last night in Ringley.

Didn’t last long as I’d just done 20 miles on the bike.

It was bloody lovely though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

£3 for ale across the board in the Hunters’ Lodge (Mendip) ATM, but elsewhere ~3.20. £4.0+ in Bristol

bikebouy
    Free Member

The real ale pubs I frequent charge £3.00-£3.50 ish on the Hampshire Hills, that London and its about £3.50-£4.00 so not a massive difference.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

£3.10

oddjob
    Free Member

About £6 here in Copenhagen

bob_summers

€6.80 per pint of something like Punk ipa which as near as we get to real beer in San Sebastian. €6.00 for Bombardier when I’m in Bordeaux. No real ale at all, apart from the odd bottle conditioned one.

huws
    Free Member

£9.30 for a Guinness and a Mean Time pale ale in London’s leafy SW London last saturday. I’m used to London prices and rarely even notice but that seemed a little excessive.

nbt

£2.55 for mild (my usual tipple) and £2.65 for bitter in my local (Robinson’s) Pub. The new Iron Maiden “Trooper” ale was a frankly horrific £3.25 a pint, but it was very nice so I did have plenty.

allthepies
    Free Member

Approx £2.50, 10p or so more for the stronger stuff 🙂

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

90p a litre – Philippines 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

Never thought i’d say this but £3.75 for a pint of imported lager (Peroni) is not three bad as opposed to the same for a pint of Stella which is brewed ‘under license’ (and weaker) and tastes like it’s gonna give you hangover half way down.

nockmeister
    Free Member

£2.60 for Robbies Bitter

Trooper” ale was a frankly horrific £3.25

Is daylight robbery…£2.80 in my local.

I want to know where allthepies drinks!!

CountZero

£3.40 for Bath Ales Gem in my local.

tutgareth
    Free Member

Anywhere between £3.80 and £4.80 for a strictly average tasting pint but then i do live in surrey now… 😐

cp

£2-£2.80ish

Sheffield

mrmoofo

3.30 – 3.50 per pint.

The Republic of Brightonia

Around €1.40 for 20omls of Koelsche in Koeln
    so around €4.20 a pint …

allthepies
    Free Member

Private members club innit 😛

The annual beer festival is a thing of beauty.

lasty
    Free Member

Ale is £4+ a pop but I find most of it pretty undrinkable down here in Teddinton. Being from the frozen north I like a good pint but im unable to quench my thirst with a goodly ale around these parts, reluctantly resorted to lager at around a fiver .

Sorry – but nothing comes close to a decent NORTHERN pint ..

hora
    Free Member

Last night, in surburban Manchester I paid £4.10 for a pint of Eckinsomething on draught.

That was my last pint at that place (Marble). Pity but the stale farts and overpriced lagers and their own stuff thats been steadily going downhill have switched me off.

Theres another place called Horse and jockey- its full of credit-card living wannabe Didsbury-types and that place is ridiculously priced.

As a rule if a pint of ale is over £3.50 I wont return there again.

danielgroves
    Free Member

About £3.20-£4.50 depending on what pub and what ale.

(Plymouth)

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

A pint of doombar is about £3.70 in my local, in Hertfordshire.

dekadanse
    Free Member

About £3.60 for a pint of Adnams Broadside (which is without fear of contradiction the very best ale in the land) here in Suffolk, the home of Adnams – or about £3.20 Adnams Bitter, Greene King IPA or most other basic bitters……….far too much, and I notice the difference when I’m in the North West for work. A cracking pint in Bolton costs £2.50 or so, and there are some for under £2. Perhaps this begins to make up for the pay imbalance bias towards the South East……..?

sharkattack

I’m reading this in Chamonix and I am sickeningly jealous of everyone who can buy an actual pint for less than about 7 quid.

mogrim

No ale down my way, it’s all lager 🙁

My local’s about about 2€/pint, were pints available. Nice and sunny and right next to the swimming pool, too. So it’s not all bad.

Edric64
    Free Member

£3 to £3.50 for real ale in the Bath / Mendip area

jackthedog
    Free Member

£2.00 to £3.00. Anything over £3.00 and I start moaning.*

*I’m from Yorkshire.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im thirsty now!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘How much do you pay for an ale down your way?’ is closed to new replies.