Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • How much do you pay for an ale down your way?
  • buck53

No decent pubs where I live and bro-in-law is a brewer, so I drink at home mainly. If I’m drinking whilst out/at mates etc it’s generally £2.50-£3 in Manchester/South Pennines. There are a few places further afield where I (happily) pay more than that but those are ‘destination pubs’ that sell craft beers from micro breweries or rare imports.

atlaz
    Free Member

4 euros for half a litre at the bar. 6 bottles of the same stuff for 3.50 euros at the supermarket.

The blokes at the pub do a lovely croque monsieur tho so I’m prepared to forgive them

hora
    Free Member

Re Chamonix..

What tickled me when I was in Morzine at Bar Robinson, all the Brits were nailing mega-expensive pints down whilst I drank glasses of red there for 1.50e 😆

40mpg

Cider, generally £3.90 to £4.30 in the New Forest. Much cheaper when visiting the Quantocks – Cheddar Valley at £2.80 in Nether Stowey 😀

toby1

Hmm, moaning about the price of beer when living in Herts. It’s commuter belt, I bet it was a nice country pub in a pleasant village, or at the very least on the edge of town so the smoking ban has forced it to push prices in the hope of attracting diners rather than old-soak drinkers.

If it was a nice place then it’s not really too expensive, it it was a dive and badly kept beer then fair enough.

Times are tough, beer is a luxury you don’t have to buy and when you do the people buying it are also trying to make a profit rather than just survive.

Cambridge area varies wildly, Wetherspoons £2 max. Nicer pubs in the area of town just under £4 a pint. Out of town £3.50 – £3.90 for an decent pint.

pictonroad

Am I odd, I simply haven’t a clue. I go to the pub once or twice a week, never drink alone so it’s always a round of 3 or so and some crisps, hand over the money and don’t give it a thought. Maybe I should pay closer attention… 😯

Edric64
    Free Member

Cheddar Valley at £2.80 in Nether Stowey

Go to the factory shop in Sandford and buy a bag in a box and it s £1.11 a pint !!

MoreCashThanDash

£2.70 the other day for Marstons EPA at a nasty carvery chain pub the other night. £3.50ish in our village pub for an ever changing array of deliciousness 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

Our rather scabby (but popular) local in Surrey charges £4.05 for a pint of London Pride…..’kin outrageous! But down the road a rather more salubrious Public House and restaurant charges £35.50 for IPA. 😐

edit:erm…£3.50!

Popocatapetl

Last Friday night, My local, Coopers, Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi, 64 Dhirams for a bottle of Magners. That’s over £10 😀
    We call it “Liquid Gold” I think I win! 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

No idea about beer as I can’t drink it but have just been spending £3.50 a pint for old rosey cider.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well wadddyano I’ve just been to my “local” I’d like to qualify that if I may. I mean “local” as it’s within walking distance on the Hamble River so has one of the worlds most spectacular views yet the pub is part of a grotty chain and trades on the view rather than the quality of “products” it sells, ya get me?
    So, 2 pints of Old Speckeld Hen and a bag of salted Nobbys peanuts for the sum price of???? £5.80
    Not bad that.
    Sat outside watching the hazy sun and dinghies coming up the river finishing their Wednesday evening racing.

Sometimes I suffer the indignity of going into chain pubs, sometimes.

Edric64
    Free Member

I find that many pub chains serve ale at lager temperature and kill the taste.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

£3.50-£4 for Black Sheep in these parts. Not sure on Lager.

Local cider is £4ish.

North yorkshire

fourbanger
    Free Member

This week I’m in Naples. Beer and a pizza is €5. Bargain!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just back from Germany…large local Pils usually around €2 to €3.

But their supermarket prices…6 packs (6 x 500ml) of the most delicious beers you might find for around €5…and that’s the nice stuff! 🙁

jon1973
    Free Member

Re Chamonix..What tickled me when I was in Morzine at Bar Robinson, all the Brits were nailing mega-expensive pints down whilst I drank glasses of red there for 1.50e

Can’t remember the name of the bar but we did similar in Chamonix a few years back. Seem to remember paying €10 for a litre of red wine. Very nice it was too. Nothing like enjoying a drink outside a bar with a stunning view of mont Blanc. It’s a great town. Planning to go back next year.

rewski
    Free Member

Paid nearly £8 for a pint of lovibonds 69 in utobeer, I think it was worth it.

julianwilson
    Free Member

danielgroves – Member

About £3.20-£4.50 depending on what pub and what ale.

(Plymouth)

danielgroves, get thee to the Fortescue, I reckon you will be much closer and under £3 a pint for proper beer. And even less in any of our wetherspoons if you can stand the company!
    That said I think I paid nearly £4 for a pint of peroni in posh pub the other night.
    Ooooouuuutraaaagge!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Over £4 a pint Manchester? That must be a seriously swanky / snobby pubs as even in central London I don’t pay that.

senorj

£3.70 – North London.

allthepies
    Free Member

Had some of that at the brewery. OMG ! Hops in a glass.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

For real ale at my local £3-£3.20 unless you go on a Thursday from 5pm then it’s £2.30 a pint.

hora
    Free Member

Thebrick:

beerprole.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/the-cream-of-manchester-part-2-marble-beer-house-chorlton/

trevron73
    Free Member

The hotel i work at charges £5.00 a pint and they have 2 choices only ?
    its called curious brew – very nice after a days graft ?

ste_t
    Free Member

We don’t sell real ales, just Sierra Nevada pale ale on keg.

At £4.99 a pint. 😳

Basil

£1.95 lots of different ales
    £1.50 Ruddles
    (Wetherspoons)

rOcKeTdOg

£2.50 in local members only club, down the road it’s £3.80-95 in the “posh pub” & crisps are £2 a bag!!

ski
    Free Member

Butcombe is £2.50 at my local and very nice it is too 🙂

sargey

Bathams 2.53 a pint top draw.

darrell
    Free Member

about 10 GBP for a pint here in Norway

mt
    Free Member

2.70 for Farmers Blond, Bradfield Brewery. That’s about average price for most real beer in Holmfirth area.

Marmoset
    Free Member

About 6-7 quid a Pint in Perth, WA. Lets just say there’s not many hangovers being experienced after a drink around here….

bradley
    Free Member

Anywhere from £3.00 – £4.50 in Oxford. If you’re down the local, IPA is about £3.00 and if you’re in the turf tavern I think a buddy paid £9.00 for 2 bottles of becks the other day, and they were warm.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Au$8-9 so about £5.50 out and about bit less in take out and about £1.22 when it’s home brewed.

When the exchange rate was 2.5 is was about £3.40/pint cost of living has changed about as much as it has in the UK since then, so long as I have Au$ coming in it’s fine.

easygirl

Glass of red and a real ale
    Manchester city centre £9
    Horwich last night £5.30!

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Holts/Hydes – just over £2 (Legh Arms/Plough)
    Sam Smiths – under £2 (Windmill/Vine)

ska-49
    Free Member

Free but if I do pay its £2.10. Perks of having a friend who’s family runs a brewery!

andypaul99
    Free Member

a litre of local brew 1.20 euro. straight from the pub tap

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Well, for a bottle of Heineken in the Hotel-de-Paris and a bottle of Corona in the Sass cafe, both in Monaco you will be charged €25 per bottle (£21.25 at todays rate).. 😆 Oh well…ha

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘How much do you pay for an ale down your way?’ is closed to new replies.